LATEST OFFICIAL WM6.5 UPDATE (May 2011) for Omnia II

Guest CrescendoFire

Guest CrescendoFire

Apparently Samsung still updating their Omnia II line but sadly only the Korean version... All the newest program is very fast compared to our last i8000 ROM. But it's still WM6.5.

Maybe someone here can translate the ROM and port it to our i8000, since their latest ROM is AMAZINGLY FAST!!!

Here's the link for the latest ROM: http://kr.samsungmobile.com/

Edited by CrescendoFire

Guest nowo
Apparently Samsung still updating their Omnia II line but sadly only the Korean version... All the newest program is very fast compared to our last i8000 ROM. But it's still WM6.5.

Maybe someone here can translate the ROM and port it to our i8000, since their latest ROM is AMAZINGLY FAST!!!

Here's the link for the latest ROM: http://kr.samsungmobile.com/

I`m going to "try on" this rom...

Guest Speedfrog

CrescendoFire said "sadly only the Korean version" but try to go to samsung settings, press the arrow and the viev more the last option there is language change , see if you can change the language there.

Guest thaitrinh10
CrescendoFire said "sadly only the Korean version" but try to go to samsung settings, press the arrow and the viev more the last option there is language change , see if you can change the language there.

Can not change korean language.Because this rom can't starting for i8000. Sadly again.

Guest nowo
Can not change korean language.Because this rom can't starting for i8000. Sadly again.

You are sadly right... but it´s still a very fast rom... it´s faster than all others i try...

Guest CrescendoFire

Yeah, I feel cheated. The way Samsung threat international user is like s***. Even their last JJ1 ROM is shitty and crap. Old program, only version number and CSC is changed. And it's dated back half a year ago!

And SURPRISE SURPRISE! They still provide the T*Omnia2 an update!! If you look at their site ( http://kr.samsungmobile.com/product/anycal...=9&onPlay=N ), they provide an ENDLESS UPDATE!!! CONSTANT UPDATE with each update brings every NEW DRIVER, AMAZINGLY FAST AND FLUID program/ROM!!! It's like my OMNIA II isn't even OMNIA II. It becaome FAST and FLUID like its being overclocked to 1.2Ghz with all graphic accelerated features turned on!!!

And YET THEY NEVER GIVE A GOOD UPDATE to international user!!! Program version is the same and dated back 2 years ago. Still branding "Version 1", YES VERSION ONE!!! Believe that?

The program for T*Omnia2, take a look at the Settings, Phonebook, Call Log, and Messaging for example, it's way better than ours. FLUID AND FAST plus SO MANY NEW FEATURE!!!

SHITTY SAMSUNG ONLY GIVE THE BEST FOR KOREANS!!!

If anyone here can port this ROM (a transtated ROM), FULL not stripped or lite, we can make this our OLD DATED NEVER UPDATED OMNIA i8000 come back ALIVE!!!

WE ARE PROUD AND FORGOTTEN OWNER of i8000!!! Yet we seek another options, better looking and fast ROM by incorporating the HTC oriented look (like Sense) into our ROM because it way much fast and better than our LAGGY DATED program/ROM that SAMSUNG give us. Lets back to SAMSUNG UI and DISCARD all those HTC oriented ROM. Show the world that we HAVE THE BEST FUILD FAST ROM and we are THE PROUD OWNER OF SAMSUNG OMNIA II i8000!!!!

Edited by Speedfrog
clickable link

Guest WovW
If anyone here can port this ROM (a transtated ROM), FULL not stripped or lite, we can make this our OLD DATED NEVER UPDATED OMNIA i8000 come back ALIVE!!!

I'm really a newbie... but is not possible to cook the rom with another .csc (like JI1, multilanguage) ???

I suppose not :-((((

WovW

Guest CrescendoFire

Hmm, the CSC isn't matter since it's only a customization for different operators. I usually never flash any CSC....

Guest harrypotter222

The screen looks similar to this

samsung_yp-mb2.jpg

From just my few minutes impression of this ROM, I don't feel it is much smoother than others at all.

It is in Korean, I can't change to English at all.

I can't even unlock at one point, the screen keeps blank.

Guest rrr2
Yeah, I feel cheated. The way Samsung threat international user is like s***. Even their last JJ1 ROM is shitty and crap. Old program, only version number and CSC is changed. And it's dated back half a year ago!

And SURPRISE SURPRISE! They still provide the T*Omnia2 an update!! If you look at their site (http://kr.samsungmobile.com/product/anycall/product/download.do?pdModel=SCH-M715&pdGroup=100001&pdMaster=SCH-M710&shape=all&imgMenu=9&onPlay=N), they provide an ENDLESS UPDATE!!! CONSTANT UPDATE with each update brings every NEW DRIVER, AMAZINGLY FAST AND FLUID program/ROM!!! It's like my OMNIA II isn't even OMNIA II. It becaome FAST and FLUID like its being overclocked to 1.2Ghz with all graphic accelerated features turned on!!!

And YET THEY NEVER GIVE A GOOD UPDATE to international user!!! Program version is the same and dated back 2 years ago. Still branding "Version 1", YES VERSION ONE!!! Believe that?

The program for T*Omnia2, take a look at the Settings, Phonebook, Call Log, and Messaging for example, it's way better than ours. FLUID AND FAST plus SO MANY NEW FEATURE!!!

SHITTY SAMSUNG ONLY GIVE THE BEST FOR KOREANS!!!

WE ARE PROUD AND FORGOTTEN OWNER of i8000!!! Yet we seek another options, better looking and fast ROM by incorporating the HTC oriented look (like Sense) into our ROM because it way much fast and better than our LAGGY DATED program/ROM that SAMSUNG give us. Lets back to SAMSUNG UI and DISCARD all those HTC oriented ROM. Show the world that we HAVE THE BEST FUILD FAST ROM and we are THE PROUD OWNER OF SAMSUNG OMNIA II i8000!!!!

Could not agree with you more.

My thought is that Samsung wants international users to abandon 'old' device like I8000 for newer (not necessarily better) Android device.

Users / Customers should remember which companies supports their device until they are working fast and stable.

This should have been done by Samsung BEFORE releasing the device to the market and NOT two years later

If someone from Samsung reads this, Please note:

There are a lot of unhappy i8000 customers out there, still waiting!

Good friends of modaco are not your development team and paying customers are NOT your beta team.

They can be your good ambassadors or very bad ones. Your choice.

Edited by rrr2

Guest Namar

Flashed this ROM and played around with it for a few hours just out of curiosity. It is the fastest I800 I have tried and my intenton was to ditch finger friendly 6.5.3 for the speed of this 6.5 ROM if the language were to be a language that I understand. Unfortunately that is not the case so I am back to my 6.5.3 ROM. Can any of the great Chefs here tame this monster to a usable ROM (Just a wish and a difficult task since the ROM is only in Korean). In addition, I noticed that after flashing this ROM one cannot do a hard reset either by using the phone pad or the clear memory option in Samsung settings..phone does not respond to either option. Where are the Korean speakers in this forum?

Edited by Namar

Guest CrescendoFire

Remember when we're a BETA TESTER for their WM6.5.x ROM?

They promised us to give that WM6.5.x ROM but it only a PROMISE THAT NEVER COME TRUE! The available WM6.5.x ROM is SHITTY CRAP. Even the volume controller can't work right.... >,<

No I won't ditch my i8000 as I love it.

-----------------------------------

Apart from it, how about if we translate the MUI file to English? Will it work?

Edited by CrescendoFire

Guest CrescendoFire
Could not agree with you more.

My thought is that Samsung wants international users to abandon 'old' device like I8000 for newer (not necessarily better) Android device.

Users / Customers should remember which companies supports their device until they are working fast and stable.

This should have been done by Samsung BEFORE releasing the device to the market and NOT two years later

If someone from Samsung reads this, Please note:

There are a lot of unhappy i8000 customers out there, still waiting!

Good friends of modaco are not your development team and paying customers are NOT your beta team.

They can be your good ambassadors or very bad ones. Your choice.

I got Samsung Galaxy S but I still love my old i8000 more... Don't know why.... But I feel that this i8000 still the best for me.... Android is a multimedia-devices. And WM6.5 is all-purpose-devices for me...

Yeah, we're a beta tester since the start.... I can also say, this also happens with their Galaxy S phone... I got the Korean version of Galaxy S and the ROM is way much faster compared with my friend's international Galaxy S. Same constant update but they only release the new driver/programs/version for the Korean version (mine) than the international. The international version is just like this i8000 ROM out there. Only the name and the version is changed (apart from OS update, but the program included is the same and never updated properly)...

Guest CrescendoFire

Now I'm trying to cook current ROM but with all driver from M715 ROM.... Hope it'll work OK...

And if it's fast like M715 ROM then I'll post it here....

-----------------------------------

EDIT: Failed, no hope as the build is different.... >,< Must do complete port...

Edited by CrescendoFire

Guest berkende

as a rum rum to give non-English, see the new date! korean language rum what we will do in Europe? Samsung device will not take any more, unfortunately, we knew it for sure

Guest lol = ^_^
isnt this a rom for t*omnia?? i doubt it will work on gti8000..

Tested it on my O2. And it's AS FAST AS HELL. If we could only translate it :P

Guest nikkotsoi

<_<)-->

QUOTE(lol = :( @ May 22 2011, 12:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

is there only korean ?

any chinese or other languages? :rolleyes:

Guest nikkotsoi

i want to try on this rom

is there anyway that can backup the whole system of my current wm6.5.3

i dont want to install all the stuffs again after testing this rom

Guest berkende

:rolleyes:)-->

QUOTE(lol = <_< @ May 22 2011, 12:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What good is fast? korean language ?

Guest Speedfrog
i want to try on this rom

is there anyway that can backup the whole system of my current wm6.5.3

i dont want to install all the stuffs again after testing this rom

install spb backup. take a full backup. try this rom if you dont like it, flash back to your 6.5.3 rom and run the backup and you will have all your stuff back.