Photo

How-to Increase streak storage up to 62 GB !!!

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

over2land

over2land

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak; HTC Tilt on Froyo
Hey Kwen-

Got a modified boot.img for 2.4.4?

Edited by over2land, 12 November 2011 - 07:39 PM.

kwenteen

kwenteen

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Devices:streak
I think I made it... for 2.4.4, but unfortunately, it seems that I bricked my Streak by trying to upgrade... (not because of my mod, I just tried to upload the new dsp1 and amss.mbn... but I wrote flashboot dsp dsp1.mbn, which I believe was wrong, then I typed flashboot dsp1 dsp1.mbn... which was more it, but when I rebooted, the device refuse to boot ! at the best, I can get a dell logo, but nothing else... And I can't boot in recovery mode or flashboot mode !
Anyone got any idea ?
And if there's some willing beta tester around, here is the modified boot.img....
I HAVEN't BEEN ABLE TO TRY IT !!!!
but It should be rather armless, if it's no good, then it should not boot, you just have to put another original boot.img instead, with the flashboot util !
Tell me if it works, while I'll be trying to save my poor streak !
Boujou bien,
K.

this first version didn't worked well, here is the other one below !

Edited by kwenteen, 16 November 2011 - 07:49 AM.

Azurren

Azurren

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,964 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak
  • Twitter:@Azurren

BTW, as we can't use this mod on the galaxy note (no innersd, just a flash chip, which is only 16 GB),
I chose to put an adaptor microSD toward SD reader... This adaptor can be obtained from a famous gadget chinese site, SKU # 27001 (no more than 6 $)
this mod is quite safe, you will only ruin the backplate of your phone, which should be easily replacable (well I hope so, because mine is quite ugly now... :lol:)
The only difference between the NOTE and the Streak, is that the backplate slide in the streak and is metal, whereas it only is clipped directly and plastic, without sliding on the note, which make it easier on the later.
this mod allow us to put normal SD card on our phone, even the new LEXAR 128 GB... B)
THAT is A LOT of space huh ?
here is the mod on my NOTE :
Tell me what do you think of it !!
boujou bien,
K.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Are you sure the mico-SD reader can support cards over 32gb? :blink:
Looks real messy ;) Also looks like you had a fight with the glue-gun and you lost (Glue everywhere). With professional tools (Honestly don't expect you do have these) I bet someone could achieve a real nice finish!

Cudos to you for trying something new and daring to "hack" literally your new Note! Great mod!

kwenteen

kwenteen

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts
I m pretty sure that it will work... I just have to format it in fat32 system file...
I m waiting for the card now...
As for my superb mod, I don t know what to add to make it a little bit more finished... the glue was polished already, and the bits that are a little everywhere are here on purpose (no kidding :-P )
The note is really slippery, especialy when holding with one hand, and the glue add some grip!
And at that price, i prefer it a little ugly but in my hand, than beautiful and exploded on the ground... a matter of taste I guess :-D
If you have any idea for a good finish (no black tape, thanks! ) please describe !

smnc

smnc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak 5

I think I made it... for 2.4.4, but unfortunately, it seems that I bricked my Streak by trying to upgrade... (not because of my mod, I just tried to upload the new dsp1 and amss.mbn... but I wrote flashboot dsp dsp1.mbn, which I believe was wrong, then I typed flashboot dsp1 dsp1.mbn... which was more it, but when I rebooted, the device refuse to boot ! at the best, I can get a dell logo, but nothing else... And I can't boot in recovery mode or flashboot mode !
Anyone got any idea ?
And if there's some willing beta tester around, here is the modified boot.img....
I HAVEN't BEEN ABLE TO TRY IT !!!!
but It should be rather armless, if it's no good, then it should not boot, you just have to put another original boot.img instead, with the flashboot util !
Tell me if it works, while I'll be trying to save my poor streak !
Boujou bien,
K.

Whoopsy.
Even with a muffed up dsp you should still be able to do a QDL un-brick.

kwenteen

kwenteen

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Whoopsy.
Even with a muffed up dsp you should still be able to do a QDL un-brick.

Yep, that's what I did, but I'm not using windows, so I had to find a computer for it...
at least it is done, and here is the good boot.img for automounting the innersd partition in /intsd !

Attached File  superboot2.img   3.7MB   64 downloads
this is for 2.4.4 streakdroid,
enjoy guys !:lol:

MACQUEYL

MACQUEYL

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Interests:Gadgets, music, modding my AT&T White Dell Streak 5 & HTC HD2
  • Devices:AT&T White Dell Streak 5
  • Twitter:@Macqueyl
Hi do you think this boot img would work on Power_Rom v1.2 Most powerful/ultra Stable(Power_Mod v1), which was based on DJ Steve's 2.4.4? Thanks

US AT&T White Dell Streak 5
Streakdroid 1.9.0

kwenteen

kwenteen

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 102 posts

Hi do you think this boot img would work on Power_Rom v1.2 Most powerful/ultra Stable(Power_Mod v1), which was based on DJ Steve's 2.4.4? Thanks

I'd say that you've got nothing to lose by trying ?
if the boot.img was not altered by this rom!

Zathros

Zathros

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Martial arts, IT and gadgets
  • Devices:Streak 5, Galaxy S Plus
Any one tried Link2SD for the Dell streak 5 to get the internal memory above the 2 Gb limit?
On my el cheapo yarvik tab 410 it works perfect, even better and certenly faster than a fat32 partition with app2sd. Besides that you can place almost any apk there even if app2sd is not posible, widgets excepted.

Grts
Teddie.

edited 2012-01-26

By now i replaced my card after the 4th crash for a brand new class 10 8 Gb version and the stock 2.2.2 recovery formatted it with a 2 Gb system partition and a 6 Gb apps or data partition, so now i don't need app2sd or link2sd anymore. No more apps on the SD~ card makes swapping very comfortable.

Grts
Teddie

Edited by Zathros, 26 January 2012 - 02:00 PM.

Currently playing with Yarvik Tab 210, 310, 410, Dell Streak 5, Samsung Galaxy S Plus, Point of View Mobii Tegra 2.

Zibciu

Zibciu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Dear Collegues,
What boot.img i should use for if u have DSC 0,71Rom? It is on boot.img from Olleh 406 (i think).
And maybe i can change for this file myself? Any instruction?
It would be helpfull for any new img's ;)

lordofazeroth

lordofazeroth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
three questions:

1) Do I need to tweak the script if I want to replace the 4 GB Card with a 4 GB?
2) Is there a speed increase when installing a higher Class card?
3) Which class is the stock card?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users