lilHermit

lilHermit

Regular

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Devices:too many to list
  • Twitter:@lilH3rmit

My only slight annoyance and I do only mean slight, I've got my button brightness level set to about 2 with Paul's app but when I wake up the phone after a notification it goes back to full brightness. Its no big deal but I thought it was worth mentioning. I guess the same would happen with any brightness modification app?

I have that on my list to fix, will probably have a restore brightness setting :D

Will put out beta2 before putting on market.

lilHermit
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Twitter: @lilH3rmit
Open source projects: Git
IRC: lilHermit on freenode
Market Apps: lilHermit
Donate: Buy me a beer
Download: from my website (Pro products require order numbers)
Issue tracker: http://issues.lilhermit.co.uk/

DarthD

DarthD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
app runs for a day now. looks very good only thing i set it to pulse by default but i havent seen any pulse yet, all the time i get a steady lightup

doesnt seem to drain battery sofar

i love it just realized it was running trail mode so i registered mayby pulse will work now

lilHermit

lilHermit

Regular

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

app runs for a day now. looks very good only thing i set it to pulse by default but i havent seen any pulse yet, all the time i get a steady lightup

doesnt seem to drain battery sofar

i love it just realized it was running trail mode so i registered mayby pulse will work now

Pulse and Constant flash are not in beta1 I've not finished coding them.

lilHermit
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jay_Snake

Jay_Snake

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:Android, Football, Feyenoord Rotterdam, Skiiing, Movies/tv shows
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2X
App is running for 1,5 day now and it's working great. The buttons light up perfectly after a missed call or sms and the battery usage is slim to nothing.
The problem with Pauls brigtness app is already mentioned, so I don't have to repeat that one. Just can't figure out how to register. When i enter the order number and my real name or my email (aswell with a hotmail or gmail account) it gives me an error. Is that normal, lilHermet?

ritdaw

ritdaw

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4, Nexus 7

I have that on my list to fix, will probably have a restore brightness setting :D

Will put out beta2 before putting on market.

Excellent! Thanks for all your hard work on the app.

lilHermit

lilHermit

Regular

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

App is running for 1,5 day now and it's working great. The buttons light up perfectly after a missed call or sms and the battery usage is slim to nothing.
The problem with Pauls brigtness app is already mentioned, so I don't have to repeat that one. Just can't figure out how to register. When i enter the order number and my real name or my email (aswell with a hotmail or gmail account) it gives me an error. Is that normal, lilHermet?

what error does it give you? You only need the order number and your email, it doesn't require you to enter your real name.

EDIT: I've looked at the debug information coming through to the license server, double check your order number.

~

Edited by lilHermit, 31 May 2011 - 10:43 AM.

lilHermit
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

jon.m.knight

jon.m.knight

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2x
  • Twitter:@jonmknight
Without seeing your work for the n1 I'm just wondering how customisable this app can actually be...

1) How does it know which apps have the ability to send notifications? Is this list currently hard-coded? is there scope to add custom apps, such as plume, or even a "soccerscores" type app for games I'm mointoring / watching?

2) Again, from a customisation perspective.. what's the likihood on supporting different button lights for different notifications? - For example, if I had a missed call I could have the menu, home & back buttons lit up... for a text message I could have the home button and search button lit up? Obviously the complexity comes when there's mulitple notifications...

Appologies if the above suggestions / queries sound ungreatful - what you've done to date is fantastic and imho is a feature LG should have incorporated with their stock ROM.

Good work :-)

Will definately be sending some beer money your way

Edited by jon.m.knight, 31 May 2011 - 10:59 AM.

jon.m.knight

jon.m.knight

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 95 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2x
  • Twitter:@jonmknight
3) also a 'breathing' type as per this: really would be the icing on the cake! :-)

lilHermit

lilHermit

Regular

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

3) also a 'breathing' type as per this: really would be the icing on the cake! :-)

That's what I mean by "Pulse", where it comes on slowly and fades out slowly, coding that now.

lilHermit
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jay_Snake

Jay_Snake

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

what error does it give you? You only need the order number and your email, it doesn't require you to enter your real name.

EDIT: I've looked at the debug information coming through to the license server, double check your order number.

~

My bad, it's working now. Had a number wrong from the order number. Stupid me.

I really like the 2nd suggestion from jon.m.knight. That would rock!

davey4444

davey4444

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4

Without seeing your work for the n1 I'm just wondering how customisable this app can actually be...

1) How does it know which apps have the ability to send notifications? Is this list currently hard-coded? is there scope to add custom apps, such as plume, or even a "soccerscores" type app for games I'm mointoring / watching?

2) Again, from a customisation perspective.. what's the likihood on supporting different button lights for different notifications? - For example, if I had a missed call I could have the menu, home & back buttons lit up... for a text message I could have the home button and search button lit up? Obviously the complexity comes when there's mulitple notifications...

Appologies if the above suggestions / queries sound ungreatful - what you've done to date is fantastic and imho is a feature LG should have incorporated with their stock ROM.

Good work :-)

Will definately be sending some beer money your way

The Optimus 2x LED app in the market can do #1, I think it just depends what the apps give out as a marker to notify. My problem with that app is that it is not always reliable for whatever reason in terms of either telling me when there is a notification or not going off when I've cancelled one.

As for #2 I believe that it's all or none for the illuminations as far as I have read. Would love for that to be proven wrong though.

SouNourS

SouNourS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 2X - MoDaCo RoM
edit: error :D

Edited by SouNourS, 31 May 2011 - 01:00 PM.

lilHermit

lilHermit

Regular

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Currently they are hardcoded but in the database, you will be able to add and delete apps as necessary. (It will remember a list of apps that have set notifications.)

That is not possible, its a hardware restriction.

Yes that will be called pulse (Just clarifying for others)

~

lilHermit
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jay_Snake

Jay_Snake

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

My problem with that app is that it is not always reliable for whatever reason in terms of either telling me when there is a notification or not going off when I've cancelled one.

I'm having the same problem. Sometimes the buttons don't light up after an sms. I'm using handcent.

ermacwins

ermacwins

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Devices:LG O2X and Samsung Galaxy SII
App works good so far :D will it work on gs2?

lilHermit

lilHermit

Regular

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

App works good so far :D will it work on gs2?

Once its done and working on the LG2X I'll work on adding SGS2 support. I've written it modular so adding support for extra phones will not mean a major rewrite.

Although I don't think the SGS2 will be easy looking at the kernel.

lilHermit
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

goulloux

goulloux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:LG O2X
Quick question : "uses a modified framework already included MoDaCo (since 13 May Fr16) allowing for notifications to be indicated"
What are you referencing to ? Haven't read anything concret about this functionality :s

lilHermit

lilHermit

Regular

• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Quick question : "uses a modified framework already included MoDaCo (since 13 May Fr16) allowing for notifications to be indicated"
What are you referencing to ? Haven't read anything concret about this functionality :s

I have written a modification to the NotificationManagerService class which is build into the framework of Android, this allows the app to function without battery drain. Paul has kindly included it in his ROM and I hope to get it included into other ROMs, with the help of some chefs. Paul has listed it in his change-log, "Low level changes for a forthcoming notifications product
" (13 May Fr16)

~

lilHermit
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

jambezuk

jambezuk

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
Just reporting in... seems to work well so far. No noticeable effect on battery. Looking forward to pulse and the other flash option to come available.

The flash once isn't particularly helpful for me personally as if I'm not already looking at the phone I miss it... and in that case the screen turns on briefly anyway. the constant on is great though. Interested to see the battery benefit of the light going on and off intermittently.

Keep up the good work!

Jay_Snake

Jay_Snake

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
Had a few sms messages just now, but the app didn't turn on the lights. I had this issue a couple of times with sms. I'm using handcent as sms app. Maybe it down't work with handcent???

With missed calls it's working perfectly.

Edited by Jay_Snake, 01 June 2011 - 04:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users