5 replies to this topic

Geronymous

Geronymous

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100
Hi everyone, I am able to sync Email, Contacts and Calendar with the corporate Exchange Server, but even though it looks like Tasks should also be synchronized (there is also a menu Sync Task within the Task application), it does not ... Within Manage Accounts I don't see the option Sync Tasks, and I would be surprised if it is the server blocking that as I have always been able to sync tasks with WM devices ...

Has anyone any experience with this, or any ideas?

Thanks!

Gerson2k

Gerson2k

Regular

• MoDaCo Silver
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  • Devices:Orange San Francisco
  • Twitter:@NA

Hi everyone, I am able to sync Email, Contacts and Calendar with the corporate Exchange Server, but even though it looks like Tasks should also be synchronized (there is also a menu Sync Task within the Task application), it does not ... Within Manage Accounts I don't see the option Sync Tasks, and I would be surprised if it is the server blocking that as I have always been able to sync tasks with WM devices ...

Has anyone any experience with this, or any ideas?

Thanks!

This is a more updated version of technet's comparision table, may give you a good idea of the limitations of non WM devices.

TamaraG

TamaraG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Geronymous

Geronymous

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts
Thanks a lot to both for the replies ... really interesting information.

What I have realized now is that I am using Tasks in fact just to store pretty static information ... in fact something you would typically put in notes or memos. When using WM I had switched to Tasks as these were synchronized nicely and could be updated both sides.

What I am thinking about doing now with these few notes is make them Appointments on a specific (remote) date, and put the contents in the notes field ... that should do the job!

Thanks again!

John Gibbs

John Gibbs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Galaxy S II Epic Touch

I don't see the option Sync Tasks

Did you ever find the answer to this? I just got a Galaxy S II with Sprint and experience the same--no "sync task" option after the sync calendar and sync contacts options. My iPhone syncs tasks from the same Exchange account with no special intervention.

Geronymous

Geronymous

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Did you ever find the answer to this? I just got a Galaxy S II with Sprint and experience the same--no "sync task" option after the sync calendar and sync contacts options. My iPhone syncs tasks from the same Exchange account with no special intervention.

Nope, well, not with Exchange (which I have lost access to anyway due to company policy :-( ) ... what I have done is move my Exchange tasks to Google Tasks ... which I can edit from the browser on the PC and with several apps on the Galaxy. The app I use is called GTasks and works fine! In fact, it is easier to update tasks with GTasks than on the PC ...

https://market.andro...e=search_result

Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users