Synchronizing Tasks with Exchange Server

Guest Geronymous

Guest Geronymous

Hi everyone, I am able to sync Email, Contacts and Calendar with the corporate Exchange Server, but even though it looks like Tasks should also be synchronized (there is also a menu Sync Task within the Task application), it does not ... Within Manage Accounts I don't see the option Sync Tasks, and I would be surprised if it is the server blocking that as I have always been able to sync tasks with WM devices ...

Has anyone any experience with this, or any ideas?

Thanks!

Guest Gerson2k
Hi everyone, I am able to sync Email, Contacts and Calendar with the corporate Exchange Server, but even though it looks like Tasks should also be synchronized (there is also a menu Sync Task within the Task application), it does not ... Within Manage Accounts I don't see the option Sync Tasks, and I would be surprised if it is the server blocking that as I have always been able to sync tasks with WM devices ...

Has anyone any experience with this, or any ideas?

Thanks!

This is a more updated version of technet's comparision table, may give you a good idea of the limitations of non WM devices.

Guest Geronymous

Thanks a lot to both for the replies ... really interesting information.

What I have realized now is that I am using Tasks in fact just to store pretty static information ... in fact something you would typically put in notes or memos. When using WM I had switched to Tasks as these were synchronized nicely and could be updated both sides.

What I am thinking about doing now with these few notes is make them Appointments on a specific (remote) date, and put the contents in the notes field ... that should do the job!

Thanks again!

• 5 months later...
Guest John Gibbs

I don't see the option Sync Tasks

Did you ever find the answer to this? I just got a Galaxy S II with Sprint and experience the same--no "sync task" option after the sync calendar and sync contacts options. My iPhone syncs tasks from the same Exchange account with no special intervention.

Guest Geronymous

Did you ever find the answer to this? I just got a Galaxy S II with Sprint and experience the same--no "sync task" option after the sync calendar and sync contacts options. My iPhone syncs tasks from the same Exchange account with no special intervention.

Nope, well, not with Exchange (which I have lost access to anyway due to company policy :-( ) ... what I have done is move my Exchange tasks to Google Tasks ... which I can edit from the browser on the PC and with several apps on the Galaxy. The app I use is called GTasks and works fine! In fact, it is easier to update tasks with GTasks than on the PC ...

https://market.andro...e=search_result

Good luck!