Racer 2.6.32 kernel

Guest Sebastian404

Guest Dj Fluminee

everything works here (yoigo zte link spain). screen still not calibrated but visibly improved ;) . But still, i'll stick to ricky 2.2 which is the best in my oppinion. Keep up the good work :P

Guest TigTex
everything works here (yoigo zte link spain). screen still not calibrated but visibly improved ;) . But still, i'll stick to ricky 2.2 which is the best in my oppinion. Keep up the good work :P

Not calibrated? that's strange... not calibrated means that you press the letter A on the keyboard and it registers the leter W for example, does that happen to you? Because with my kernel I'm sure that i fixed that... Unless there are differences between the racer that is sold in your country...

Guest rickywyatt

Mine is still like that when I press say m it actually says I pressed q. But I don't no if its the kernel or just a crappy touch screen I can only type if. use a pen

Guest Dj Fluminee

same here.."q" or "w" always pops-up when pressing v or m or anything in that area. or when i press launcher button the screen shifts to the left screen. But it's much better than the old kernel. Thank you for your work tigtex and deadlink.

Guest TigTex
Mine is still like that when I press say m it actually says I pressed q. But I don't no if its the kernel or just a crappy touch screen I can only type if. use a pen

That's strange... we have to use a pen with the racer, it's a resistive screen. But looks like different regions have different calibrations. If i press A, it gives me an A, even if i press the corners. If with you that doesn't happen, we need different kernels for different racers. But with a new kernel i was trying to solve the brazilian camera problem, still not fixed...

I need that anyone with a non-working camera to reboot it's phone, start the camera (it will give you an error) and then do this on terminal "logcat > /sdcard/log.txt" and attach that file here so I can see what's wrong.

Guest Khan Miro

I am using ZTE RACER from Bulgaria Globul. I installed the latest kernel here (well, the one before the brazillian one, my camera works)

2 Problems with the screen:

1. TigTex, your offset is better than the last one, but it's still not perfect. The touch itself is a couple of pixels upper. That means when I press the down part of the screen, it doesn't react as if I have to press, for example the letter s, I have to click at least the middle of the button vertically, because if I press downwards, it will result the letter down.

2. It's not calibrated. Sometimes it gives different letters. Sometimes :D. I have a test to prove the calibration, and it failed. The test:

- open somewhere to type (for example "search"). Press repeatedly the "space bar" button on the keyboard, but repeatedly for a couple of seconds (up to minute you can try). If the screen is not calibrated other letter must appear. That's how I test it every time.

Yet again, TigTex, deadlink aaaaaaaaaaand all of you here who are supporting and testing, thank you ;) I am just reporting, not trying to offence anyone :P

Guest Jésus Alberto
That's strange... we have to use a pen with the racer, it's a resistive screen. But looks like different regions have different calibrations. If i press A, it gives me an A, even if i press the corners. If with you that doesn't happen, we need different kernels for different racers. But with a new kernel i was trying to solve the brazilian camera problem, still not fixed...

I need that anyone with a non-working camera to reboot it's phone, start the camera (it will give you an error) and then do this on terminal "logcat > /sdcard/log.txt" and attach that file here so I can see what's wrong.

That´s my log.txt.

log.txt

Guest lgomes

This is my log too, is the same that Jésus Alberto:

129 alcommCameraHardware E startCamera X: /dev/msm_camera/control0 open failed: No such file or directory!

I'm left to build the rom of cyanogenmod source downloadoaded with repo.

I cloning the branch https://github.com/TomGiordano/kernel_zte_blade too to try compile and maybe can help to an working rom to Brazilian RACER.

If someone share some knowledge, it's cool, but i think with this sources to build an rom is like to build linux kernels, so is better.

===================================================== EDIT =====================================================================

I think that the device driver for camera in Brazilian Racer don't up(i don't what tell in module built in kernel !! Maybe don't load is the correct term !!).

The camera device driver only make built in kernel.

I trying to find some information about that !!!

cam.txt

Edited by lgomes

Guest lgomes

Hi,

Some news for the problem of Brazilian Racer and your camera.

First of all, the camera is 3.2MP. With config of tigtex or deadlink, the kernel not recognize the camera (see attached log1.txt).

I trying to build with a new config, adding more camera modules built in kernel of course, to recognize the Brazilian Racer camera.

So with new modules i can recognize the camera, but when run the camera application, the phone freeze (see attached log2.txt).

i trying to identify what is going on. I have some theories.

With some news i'll share here.

Thanks guys !!!

log1.txt

log2.txt

Edited by lgomes

Guest TigTex

According to the zte x850 stock rom, the .config for the cameras look like this:

#

# Camera Sensor Selection

#

# CONFIG_MT9T013 is not set

# CONFIG_MT9D112 is not set

# CONFIG_MT9P012 is not set

# CONFIG_MT9V113 is not set

# CONFIG_MT9P111 is not set

CONFIG_MT9T11X=y

CONFIG_MT9T11X_QTECH_MCNEX_SOCKET=y

# CONFIG_OV5642 is not set

CONFIG_MT9D115=y

CONFIG_MT9D115_QTECH_SUNNY_SOCKET=y

# CONFIG_MT9D115_QTECH_SUNNY_FPC is not set

CONFIG_MT9D113=y

CONFIG_MT9D113_QTECH_SUNNY_SOCKET=y

# CONFIG_MT9P012_KM is not set

# CONFIG_S5K3E2FX is not set

# CONFIG_VB6801 is not set

CONFIG_SENSOR_ADAPTER=y

CONFIG_SENSOR_INFO=y

# CONFIG_MSM_CAMERA_FLASH is not set

# CONFIG_MSM_GEMINI is not set

# CONFIG_RADIO_ADAPTERS is not set

CONFIG_DAB=y

So it uses the mt9d113 and/or mt9d115. Enabling those modules should be enough to make the camera work. But i tried that on the last kernel i made and it doesn't seem to work with you.

So which camera modules are you enabling that cause the freezing?

This is the current kernel that I have

http://www.mediafire.com/?krkw83z4v8ud5wc

It will be used on a new rom later today.

Changes: updated initramfs, updated battery capacity values (was wrong), reduced sensitivity (reduces the number of "fake touchs" that people have been experiencing)

This kernel has the correct camera modules for the the brazilian racer. (and all the modules of the "normal" racer)

Edited by TigTex

Guest lgomes

Tigtex,

Sorry for late reply, i'm testing to get new information !!!

I know that stock rom TIM configure file for kernel have this, but everyone that build an kernel with this configure flags, don't make recognize the camera.

So i try new modules and with one those i can recognize the camera, but the problem is the camera is recognized but the application don't work !!!

I will share:

My "log" listing /dev/msm*, /sys/module and an cat /proc/devices;

My .config(Never mind the radio settings and see CONFIG_MT9V113 this recognize the camera);

And my logcat with the error of camera application /dev/msm_camera/control0 open failed. But the control0 exists !!!

Now with this .config the camera application don't freeze the phone. Only show the message box with the error !!!

hw_kernel_partial4.txt

config_kernel_partial4.txt

logcat_kernel_partial4.txt

Guest deadlink
Now with this .config the camera application don't freeze the phone. Only show the message box with the error !!!

I think you need to rebuild the librarys in cyanogen. If you look at the source cyanogen, you'll see that you are using headers from msm_camera (in blade device), which is not suitable for the Brazilian racer. You need to build cyanogen with headers from another driver.

Guest lgomes

So, if i understand, we need to add a new product in cyanogen branch for a ZTE Racer. Porting the source code to cyanogen branch too and build them.

Building them with the right configure file and put the rom in phone. Where is placed the kernel sources in cyanogenmod branch ??

The problem is identify some needs to build and add them into cyanogenmod branch.

I don't know much how is organized the AOSP sources.

For while i got an basic how add new device in AOSP and i think that is the same to cyanogenmod.

TigTex,

I'm working in it, if you need help, i'm here. Maybe with you this is more fast to resolve. Android Source and cyanogen is new to me.

And i have more time to do this only in weekend.

I'm trying to add them.

The build delay as build an linux kernel. To test things is hard.

Thanks deadlink !!!

Guest Jésus Alberto
According to the zte x850 stock rom, the .config for the cameras look like this:

#

# Camera Sensor Selection

#

# CONFIG_MT9T013 is not set

# CONFIG_MT9D112 is not set

# CONFIG_MT9P012 is not set

# CONFIG_MT9V113 is not set

# CONFIG_MT9P111 is not set

CONFIG_MT9T11X=y

CONFIG_MT9T11X_QTECH_MCNEX_SOCKET=y

# CONFIG_OV5642 is not set

CONFIG_MT9D115=y

CONFIG_MT9D115_QTECH_SUNNY_SOCKET=y

# CONFIG_MT9D115_QTECH_SUNNY_FPC is not set

CONFIG_MT9D113=y

CONFIG_MT9D113_QTECH_SUNNY_SOCKET=y

# CONFIG_MT9P012_KM is not set

# CONFIG_S5K3E2FX is not set

# CONFIG_VB6801 is not set

CONFIG_SENSOR_ADAPTER=y

CONFIG_SENSOR_INFO=y

# CONFIG_MSM_CAMERA_FLASH is not set

# CONFIG_MSM_GEMINI is not set

# CONFIG_RADIO_ADAPTERS is not set

CONFIG_DAB=y

So it uses the mt9d113 and/or mt9d115. Enabling those modules should be enough to make the camera work. But i tried that on the last kernel i made and it doesn't seem to work with you.

So which camera modules are you enabling that cause the freezing?

This is the current kernel that I have

http://www.mediafire.com/?krkw83z4v8ud5wc

It will be used on a new rom later today.

Changes: updated initramfs, updated battery capacity values (was wrong), reduced sensitivity (reduces the number of "fake touchs" that people have been experiencing)

This kernel has the correct camera modules for the the brazilian racer. (and all the modules of the "normal" racer)

TigTex, if you would have a Brazilian X850 in your hands, you would manage to fix the camera to work? I´m member of a Brazilian X850´s community. If your answer will be affirmative would you accept that we send a Brazilian X850 to you?

Guest dakill
TigTex, if you would have a Brazilian X850 in your hands, you would manage to fix the camera to work? I´m member of a Brazilian X850´s community. If your answer will be affirmative would you accept that we send a Brazilian X850 to you?

If he accepts I would be happy to donate, if we get 5 or more people to contribute this will relatively cheap,it's hard to find the phone on TIM's stores due to the demand but on extra.com.br it is R$ 300 aprox. USD 180.

Guest vitorgatti
If he accepts I would be happy to donate, if we get 5 or more people to contribute this will relatively cheap,it's hard to find the phone on TIM's stores due to the demand but on extra.com.br it is R$ 300 aprox. USD 180.

R$285 at magazineluiza.com.br (5% OFF if paid in cash). I would help too.

Only if I had enough Android skillz... =/

• 4 months later...
Guest Glock24

Hello,

I got a "Movistar Link" as it's called here in Nicaragua, I installed racerboy's ROM and the camera does not work. I suspect this phone is similar to those sold in Brazil.

I suspect this is a driver (module) issue, so I would like to experiment a bit with the kernel. I have zero Android experience but I've been building custom kernels for my computers for over 10 years. I may be wrong, but it should not be all that different.

To deadlink, vamshi and all the people that contribute kernels for our Racers:

Is there a guide to get started on kernel building for android? Could you provide some assistance?

Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest plegdroid

Hello,

I got a "Movistar Link" as it's called here in Nicaragua, I installed racerboy's ROM and the camera does not work. I suspect this phone is similar to those sold in Brazil.

I suspect this is a driver (module) issue, so I would like to experiment a bit with the kernel. I have zero Android experience but I've been building custom kernels for my computers for over 10 years. I may be wrong, but it should not be all that different.

To deadlink, vamshi and all the people that contribute kernels for our Racers:

Is there a guide to get started on kernel building for android? Could you provide some assistance?

Thank you.

this could be a good place to start. http://simply-android.wikia.com/wiki/Kernel_Development hope it helps :)

may not be specific for the racer but will give a general overview of what may be required, deadlink or vamshistunner would be able to advise if all required bits are available on github to compile..

Edited by plegdroid

• 3 weeks later...
Guest equiliym

im not really sure what thread to bump and dont feel like making a new topic so ill just write here since its kernel related.. in somewhat my understanding (that aint accurate lol) i dont think we will be able (and i might be 100% wrong) to boot ICS with this kernel.. and seems like no one managed to make 2.6.35 to boot or whatsoever.. i know i didnt but i stopped trying long time ago because of the obvious better kernel devs here then myself :P

i also think we shouldnt just be waiting for cm team to release cm9 beta rom for blade that was announced? for janunary? since we have AOSP we might as well try and get ready for it by building a newer and better kernel.. im downloading ics code now and will try to check it on racer with all kernels i have (not many tho, 3-4), call it experimenting or whatever.. and even if i do make anything out of it, i wont release a thing unless its fully 100% stable and working.. but ill probably fail hard :D

those are only my opinions, might be wrong but just wanted to share whats on my mind :)