• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Devices:Desire HD, ZTE V9, Huawei S7

Works perfect, thanks!

On Hungarian V9 Light (Telenor) First gen2 device :P

Calibration perfect too.
Wifi wake problem can be fixed with wifi keep alive

I prefer wifi off while the tab goes to sleep, but reconnects automatically when coming out of sleep, will wifi keep alive do that?

Edited by forforum, 23 May 2011 - 11:47 AM.

cuttysark76

cuttysark76

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Devices:Vodafone 945
Hello,

I would like to port your work to ZTE joe / Vodafone 945.

Where or how did you get boardconfig.mk and device_v9.mk?

BR

kallt_kaffe

kallt_kaffe

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts
  • Devices:Nexus 4 + 10 + Asus Fonepad

Hello,

I would like to port your work to ZTE joe / Vodafone 945.

Where or how did you get boardconfig.mk and device_v9.mk?

BR

I forked the ZTE Blade config and worked from that.
Everthing I've done so far can be found here: https://github.com/kalltkaffe

Blog - App

cuttysark76

cuttysark76

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • Devices:Vodafone 945

I forked the ZTE Blade config and worked from that.
Everthing I've done so far can be found here: https://github.com/kalltkaffe

I can fork everthing from your page, but ZTE joe series have a different kernel... How can I copy the touch screen settings from the kernel and port it for your kernel?

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts
  • Devices:lots of them
  • Twitter:@sebastian404

Sebastian, any chance you could make a Clockwork Recovery with a bigger /tmp. Koush wrote some handy stuff that dumps boot.img, unpacks it and repacks it with a new kernel and then flashes it. I've used it successfully with 3.1.0.4 on the blade but newer versions failed due to lack of space in /tmp. Also the V9 Clockwork fails doing this for the same reason. There's a lot of RAM in these devices so it wouldn't harm to double it.

you mean 3.0.1.4? I upped the ramdisk to 8meg in the most builds of clockworkmod recovery as it was having problems with large recovery/boot partitions.... how big do you want it to be?

the bad thing is that recovery manager of sebastian doesnt work on this...and rom manager doesnt have the latest gen2 recovery for zte v9 on it so how can i install recovery now in my v9???

Recovery Manager, like other programs that use libs or system calls wont work with CM7 unless you move them to the system partition, there was a entry in the bug tracker but I have a feeling its by design....

Caustic Soda

Caustic Soda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
OK, so I should have known this wasn't the best idea.
I have been following the work you guys have been doing regarding mods for the V9, and flashed the leaked ZTE 2.2 rom. Later tried to go to the official Optus rom, and couldn't, as I was no longer running an "official" Optus tab.

Anyway, I figured the upgrade was a relatively pain-free process, so thought I would have a crack at this one.

Well, things didn't exactly go according to plan.

Copied the 2011-05-21 rom onto SD, booted into recovery, and flashed the rom. All seemed to go according to plan, then used the recovery menu to reboot the tab.
Now, I am stuck on the animated droid-on-a-skateboard - the animation just keeps looping.

I have tried removing the battery and rebooting, and the same thing.
Also tried using the ZTE flashing tool to go back to the "unofficial" 2.2, and it didn't work (I should note that I have done this previously, and has worked a treat - not sure what the problem is this time).

In short, I cannot figure out what I should be trying now, as I can't get past the boot animation.

(I am pretty tech-savvy, but this is my first Andriod device, so any suggestions would be appreciated, particularly laid out in baby steps...)

Thanks guys.

garfin

garfin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Devices:Optus MyTab (ZTE V9)

... flashed the leaked ZTE 2.2 rom. Later tried to go to the official Optus rom, and couldn't, as I was no longer running an "official" Optus tab.

Anyway, I figured the upgrade was a relatively pain-free process, so thought I would have a crack at this one.

Well, things didn't exactly go according to plan.

Copied the 2011-05-21 rom onto SD, booted into recovery, and flashed the rom. All seemed to go according to plan, then used the recovery menu to reboot the tab.
Now, I am stuck on the animated droid-on-a-skateboard - the animation just keeps looping.

I have tried removing the battery and rebooting, and the same thing.

Hi CS ,

Yeah same boat.. leaked ZTE Rom .. cant get back to official optus rom.. Anyhow..

So my install of this went a little better than yours by the sounds of things ... here is what i did ..

i copied the 2011-05-21 zip file onto SD , as well as the 'one touch recovery' .apk mentioned earlier in this thread.. (dropped both the 'market' zips on there too while i was at it)

installed the apk , ran it , used the recovery console to 'install zip from SD' and THEN , before rebooting, i also did the 'return to factory defaults - cleanse all user data' option in the recovery console... (or whatever it is correctly called) , THEN rebooted... yes, on initial boot , it took a little while to fire up ..a few anxious minutes, but eventually arrived at desktop & initial setup... oh and kk's later 'market' zip seems to work ok for me .. (you go back into recovery and 'install zip from SD' in the same way ...)

Now, a couple of things i have noted.. (only been running a couple of hours..)

1. one of the widgets on homepage gives 'failed to run' .. i guess its the google search widget , certainly in the same spot.. i ended up deleting it .. no great loss.

2. the Optus APN's were incorrect for my prepaid sim , took a bit of googling to find out i needed to change APN=internet to APN=preconnect

3. the deault 'email' app fails to correctly setup my gmail account ...'Cannot connect to server , Expected String, none found' the gmail app , however, works perfectly fine ...

Does anyone know how to get rid of that 'yuck' white ZTE splash screen at startup ? even a plain black screen would be better than that .. (or dare i say it , the default 'optus' one was nicer..)

Regards

Sebastian404

Sebastian404

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts
  • Devices:lots of them
  • Twitter:@sebastian404
if you go look in the thread for the leaked zte update... somewhere in there kK posted the files folder he extracted from Optus's official update.

you can use those files with the patched exe from the leaked update to install the 'official' Optus update.

I wish we could have a V9 forum, makes things easier to find...

Caustic Soda

Caustic Soda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

if you go look in the thread for the leaked zte update... somewhere in there kK posted the files folder he extracted from Optus's official update.

you can use those files with the patched exe from the leaked update to install the 'official' Optus update.
I wish we could have a V9 forum, makes things easier to find...

Thanks Sebastian - I will try to track it down now and let you all know how I go.

kallt_kaffe

kallt_kaffe

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts

you mean 3.0.1.4? I upped the ramdisk to 8meg in the most builds of clockworkmod recovery as it was having problems with large recovery/boot partitions.... how big do you want it to be?

Yes I meant 3.0.1.4. I don't remember how large it needs to be but with 3.0.1.4 on the Blade it is large enough to dump the boot partition, extract kernel and ramdisk, replace kernel, rebuild boot.img and flash it. Reports also claims it works on Gen1 Blades with 3.0.2.4 but and Gen1 has 4.5Mb boot partition while Gen2 has 5Mb so it's propably not much more that is needed.

However to be on the safe side, why not make it 16Mb? I think tmpfs doesn't use more RAM than you use anyway and also we have lots of RAM so better be safe than sorry. It's really nice to be able to replace kernels without replacing the rest of boot.img.

Blog - App

kallt_kaffe

kallt_kaffe

Hardcore

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,185 posts
Btw, new version in first post with touchscreen calibration working. I think it might be mature enough now to try to get it into the official CM7 project. I'll have to dig into their wiki and find out the right way to proceed from here. :P

Blog - App

Caustic Soda

Caustic Soda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
OK, so I downloaded kk's ROM from here: http://android.modac...p...t&p=1697683 (sorry if not a proper link - haven't figured that out yet).
I ran the ZTE program, unzipped the archive and pointed the directory at the unzipped "files" directory provided by kk.
Clicked "Super User" (not sure if it made a difference).
Clicked "Restore NV"

Everything proceeded according to plan as far as the ZTE restore program was concerned, but when I rebooted, I am still stuck on the cyanogen animation loop.

Have I done something wrong again, missed a step, etc...?

rulinho

rulinho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Hi. I´m new here.

Recently i had bought the zte light pro and i wonder if i can flash it with the v9's roms. Can anyone help me with this?

droidmania

droidmania

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:ZTE light

Works perfect, thanks!

On Hungarian V9 Light (Telenor) First gen2 device :P

Calibration perfect too.
Wifi wake problem can be fixed with wifi keep alive

could anyone report bug of this custom ROM ? and can I change back into my stock ROM ?

LayZeeDK

LayZeeDK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:HTC Legend, ZTE Light (V9)
Thanks a lot for your great work! :P This ROM is running smooth and perfect as well as your gApps 2.3.4 build :rolleyes:

LayZeeDK

LayZeeDK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:HTC Legend, ZTE Light (V9)

OK, so I downloaded kk's ROM from here: http://android.modac...p...t&p=1697683 (sorry if not a proper link - haven't figured that out yet).
I ran the ZTE program, unzipped the archive and pointed the directory at the unzipped "files" directory provided by kk.
Clicked "Super User" (not sure if it made a difference).
Clicked "Restore NV"

Everything proceeded according to plan as far as the ZTE restore program was concerned, but when I rebooted, I am still stuck on the cyanogen animation loop.

Have I done something wrong again, missed a step, etc...?

Well I flashed this ROM through Clockwork Mod Recovery.

Caustic Soda

Caustic Soda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Well I flashed this ROM through Clockwork Mod Recovery.

Yeah, I used CWR to flash kk's CM7 mod, but I got stuck in a loop.
My previous post you quote is the steps I was following (using another rom from kk) to try to recover back to 2.2

slapnuts

slapnuts

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Devices:htc desire zte v9, galaxy tab

Yeah, I used CWR to flash kk's CM7 mod, but I got stuck in a loop.
My previous post you quote is the steps I was following (using another rom from kk) to try to recover back to 2.2

re-flash the first leaked 2.2 update, then go from there.

No.

Caustic Soda

Caustic Soda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
OK, so it seems I am just a complete w***er....
When I was trying to reflash with the ZTE tool, I was selecting "Restore NV" rather than "Download"

Nevermind that I had used it previously for upgrading to the original leaked 2.2 - my brain just refused to function, and realise that I had the wrong option selected.

Thanks for the help folks...now that I definitely know how to restore, I might have to try the CM7 mod again, and hope for better luck.

Caustic Soda

Caustic Soda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
SUCCESS! I now have CM7 installed, but am yet to play with it at all.
I was getting very frustrated with both the device and myself, so I made a careful note of all the steps I followed.
I will tidy them up soon and post them for reference for others.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users