• Please log in to reply
530 replies to this topic

New Liquid Metal

New Liquid Metal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Devices:ZTE V9

ive been using the latest update and have noticed the wallpaper wont change unless wifi hack is ticked in ADW. I have also noticed that if you change the background for the lock screen (CM Settings > Lockscreen > Style Options > Choose Background) to an image the phone will reboot when the device is playing music and becomes locked(took me forever to realize that was the problem) would be good if the wallpaper problems were fixed.
Yes i have done both a clean wipe and re-flashed cm7. and the problem still persists.
would be greatly appreciated if this was fixed.

Hi, I couldn't find wifi hack in ADW, so couldn't duplicate your problem. As for the second issue, nothing seen to happen after I change the background to an image, the imagine I change did not get displayed. I tried playing music after that and my system did not reboot or lock. Do you have any other so call performance enhancing apps installed? Our did I miss a step from your first thread?

Stephen J. Knill

Stephen J. Knill

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 105 posts
  • Devices:LG GT540f Android 2.3.5

ive been using the latest update and have noticed the wallpaper wont change unless wifi hack is ticked in ADW. I have also noticed that if you change the background for the lock screen (CM Settings > Lockscreen > Style Options > Choose Background) to an image the phone will reboot when the device is playing music and becomes locked(took me forever to realize that was the problem) would be good if the wallpaper problems were fixed.
Yes i have done both a clean wipe and re-flashed cm7. and the problem still persists.
would be greatly appreciated if this was fixed.

ADW doesn't have permissions to control the WiFi, therefore it has no "WiFi Hack".... but I presume you are referring to the "Wallpaper Hack" in the System Preferences of ADW Settings. Posted Image

I've been using SwiftDroid with ADW (Paid) for some time now, and have never occurred this problem (altho I've never used a custom image before either...).

I have just adjusted the settings of my phones (LG GT540, LG GT540f & ZTE V9) trying to recreate this issue... to no avail, no matter what I do it works fine. (Without adding additional media software into the mix to force a screwup...)

I suspect there might be a 3rd party application causing you some problems there... if you are using the free version of ADW it could just be faulty (remember that most ppl focus updates and fixes for paid versions, letting their free versions have flaws to "encourage" you to upgrade)

Edited by Stephen J. Knill, 06 September 2011 - 04:54 AM.

Programs are like Cathedrals, first we build them... then we pray!

richarddwyer10

richarddwyer10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:2many
This rom is just pure quality I love it thanks for this KK

rangatangaa

rangatangaa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:ZTE V9(light)
yea sorry i did mean wallpaper hack. that only allows me to change the wallpaper as without it, it stays stock.

the main problem is in the cyanogenmod settings as i specified with the lock screen wallpaper causing the phone to restart after locking the screen
i have done a full wipe and have started again with minimal programs installed which it will still do it if the lockscreen wallpaper is changed to an image.

I use Cubed media player but have also tryed with the default and the problem persists with both. (upon locking the screen with music playing)

thankyou both for replying and trying to help this issue as i find the default wallpaper fairly bland and boring :P (no offence cyanogenmod)

pqdzung

pqdzung

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:ZTE light
I installed update-cm-7.1.0-RC1-V9-KANG-signed-20110717.zip and it looks great, however I cannot watch flash websites any more, except Youtube (the youtube app works fine).

There is always a dead blank screen or a blue cube in the middle, meaning no flash player configured even when I have Flash 10.2 installed (10.1 was not working either).

Any ideas please?

pqdzung

richarddwyer10

richarddwyer10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1155538

Try this working on this v9

pqdzung

pqdzung

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:ZTE light

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1155538

Try this working on this v9

Thanks richarddwyer10, but it looks like Adobe Flash 10.1 which is backward of mine 10.2, so it did not change anything even with dolphin.

Two of my most curios points:

- why Youtube is still working

- why my previous ROM was working even with Opera, I am not sure what is missing now in new CM7 ROM

Any ideas are welcome.

pqdzung

richarddwyer10

richarddwyer10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
http://www.swedroid....ead.php?t=42958

Go here this has the latest of kk's rom here and I also have another updated Chinese hacked flash 10.1 which works well on this latest rom I can email to you

New Liquid Metal

New Liquid Metal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
Hi Richard, I can't read Swedish, what is the improvement between 815 and 819?

richarddwyer10

richarddwyer10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
I don't know because I can't read it either bit it seems 100% stable and faster than the last build before but you're problem with flash 10.2 can't help you with because I only use 10.1 hacked version I've never got 10.2 to work at all how did you do it?

New Liquid Metal

New Liquid Metal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
Thanks Richard. Are you on the 819 release too? How do you find it? Actually Adobe 10.1 is good enough for me....not necessary to go the latest......
Do let me know what your feedback is on the 819 release, if ok, will download and flash it....

New Liquid Metal

New Liquid Metal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
BTW, the link to download the 819 seems to be gone......any idea?

richarddwyer10

richarddwyer10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
http://www.mediafire...k5y6l08ynq0rnbh

This still works I just checked

richarddwyer10

richarddwyer10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Here is the latest hacked flash 10.1 works very well on this v9 I use everydayhttp://mail.qq.com/c...b39f29e&s=email

New Liquid Metal

New Liquid Metal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
Ok, will try again later. So I assume you are using this latest release too? Is it ok? Thanks.

Gaz14

Gaz14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts
  • Devices:ZTE V9, Huawei U8300

Ok, will try again later. So I assume you are using this latest release too? Is it ok? Thanks.

The latest update 0819 haa some code clean up and usb host mode support which works fantastically

New Liquid Metal

New Liquid Metal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
Thanks all, tried the latest 819 release and all is good, seem much more responsive than the 815 release. Thanks to KK for the great work done......
BTW Gaz, what is the USB host mode for? Or should I ask when do one use it?

kiting

kiting

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
My home button didn't work after use 819 release, any body have the same problem as me?

Edited by kiting, 09 September 2011 - 06:25 AM.

richarddwyer10

richarddwyer10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Thanks all, tried the latest 819 release and all is good, seem much more responsive than the 815 release. Thanks to KK for the great work done......
BTW Gaz, what is the USB host mode for? Or should I ask when do one use it?

http://android.modac...nal-USB-Devices

Have a look at this

New Liquid Metal

New Liquid Metal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

My home button didn't work after use 819 release, any body have the same problem as me?

Mine is working fine, no problem.....did you try rebooting?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users