[ROM][GingerBread]CM7 working on Gen2 ZTE Light/V9 [2011-08-15]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest gibbyman
market apk not exist. i install the application but not work. Please help

There's a pack with google apps that you have to install after updating (everytime) to a new version of CM7. This you do from recovery after flashing the update. See first post in the thread for the link...

Guest Sebastian404
Yes I meant 3.0.1.4. I don't remember how large it needs to be but with 3.0.1.4 on the Blade it is large enough to dump the boot partition, extract kernel and ramdisk, replace kernel, rebuild boot.img and flash it. Reports also claims it works on Gen1 Blades with 3.0.2.4 but and Gen1 has 4.5Mb boot partition while Gen2 has 5Mb so it's propably not much more that is needed.

However to be on the safe side, why not make it 16Mb? I think tmpfs doesn't use more RAM than you use anyway and also we have lots of RAM so better be safe than sorry. It's really nice to be able to replace kernels without replacing the rest of boot.img.

I noticed 3.1.0.2 is out now... I'll build a new version at the weekend when Im back home/

Guest neos_83
Thanks for the detailed instructions CS .. followed them to the letter .. apart from step1 , where i used KK's 'repackaged Optus 2.2 prepaid ROM' with the supplied ZTE flashing tool , all contained in his zip file, here... http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1697683 (scroll to post #169)

Yay , no more ugly ZTE splashscreen at powerup , and also gave me a chance to note the optus supplied APN's down

Hey mate does does z4root_blade_perm_root_v2 let you achieve perm root after flashing the optus 2.2 prepaid rom?

Also, does this mean if I ever wanted to return the tablet back to stock for warranty purposes I can just flash the above rom with the ZTE flashing tool?

Edited by neos_83

Guest Caustic Soda
Yay , no more ugly ZTE splashscreen at powerup , and also gave me a chance to note the optus supplied APN's down

My data connection does not seem to be working. Would you be able to share your apn settings?

Guest neos_83
My data connection does not seem to be working. Would you be able to share your apn settings?

Optus Postpaid APN =connect

Optus Prepaid APN = preconnect

Guest garfin

Optus Prepaid APN = preconnect

Optus Capped APN =connectcap

Optus Business APN =yesbusiness

Optus Prepaid APN (primary) = preconnect

Optus Prepaid APN (secondary) = yesinternet

all other settings are left 'unassigned'

with the expeption of ..

MCC = 505

MNC = 02

APN Type = default

Guest bubbdamadaussie

Hi guys brand new to this forum but have been following with interest the development for this device.

I have flashed quite a few devices over the years but have never flashed an android device.

I thank all for thier work and all for posting instructions and links to downloads.

I do however have a question regarding bootloaders.

Is it possible to develop some form of permanent bootloader like SPL or MAGLDR?. ( I appolagise if this has been discussed before)

I know with my HTC HD2 I have to flash MAGLDR then the clockwork recovery so thought it might be able to be done for the ZTE.

Edited by bubbdamadaussie

Guest Caustic Soda
For Austrlian users, this link gives you the settings for various carriers. http://ausdroid.net/apns

I managed to find that site thanks to Google, but I was at work at the time, and we have some pretty draconian restrictions on what is accessible.

Luckily, our fellow forum-ers came through with the goods.

Guest rulinho
Good for you!

I noticed that Telefonica started selling this tablet (also heard ZTE did some marketing thing with it during a tennis tournament just recently).

I've had the Swedish ZTE Light for about two weeks now (got it shipped to Catalunya by a colleague in Sweden) and so far I have nothing bad to say about this tablet.

- And with kallt_kaffe's CM7 it get's even better. The only thing I miss right now is the FM Radio, but I think I'll try to cope without it...

Telefonica Movistar now called gave me the tablet by mistake :-) In the tennis tournament in Madrid, gave a few.

With CyanogenMod going well because the original rom has a lot of nonsense that can not be deleted. It has some minor bugs, but it is much better.

The only bad thing is that the light zte pro cyanogen is multitouch and I can not take advantage of this. Do you think there any solution?

Guest garfin

Since switching to CM7 , i now have the WIFI not auto reconnecting comming out of sleep mode , issue... this was not apparent on Generic V9.. anyone had success with any of the many WIFI WAKEUP apps ?

e.g.... i'm connected via wifi ... i tap power to poweroff the screen, wait a couple of minutes, then tap power to 'restore' the screen... when it comes back .. no wifi ... i have to disable/re-enable WIFI to reconnect.

Seems to be related to how long its in 'sleep' state for ...

I dropped screen timeout from 10 to 2 minutes , and immediately on screen going blank .. it drops the wifi connection .. (i can monitor connected devices via my access point.) If i wait then say 2~3 minutes , and then wake up the Tab , Wifi reconnects as expected.. leave it in sleep state for a longer period , and fails to reconnect on wake up .. (unsure exactly on the 'timing' for that.. )

Edited by garfin

Guest garfin
Hey mate does does z4root_blade_perm_root_v2 let you achieve perm root after flashing the optus 2.2 prepaid rom?

Also, does this mean if I ever wanted to return the tablet back to stock for warranty purposes I can just flash the above rom with the ZTE flashing tool?

Yes , and Yes.. :P

Guest Caustic Soda
With this working I could make an AHB overclocking addon that doesn't needs updating if something is changed in the initital ramdisk.

So has anyone figured anything out regarding OC'ing the tab yet?

Must confess, I know nothing in this respect, so I don't know if this quote should be self-explanatory or not.

Guest rulinho

I can´t use multitouch on my zte light pro but it is enabled. In opera minibrowser works fine but not in others programs. I´m sure it is easy to solve this issue. Can anyone help me?

Guest Caustic Soda

OK Folks,

I have had a shot at tidying up my instructions for updating to 2.3.4

Instructions: http://www.mediafire.com/?f0pf5ppfruec3v8

Tools required: http://www.mediafire.com/?gyd42g574to7kc7

Note that you will still need to download a 2.2 ROM (if you are only running 2.1) and a 2.3.4 ROM - links for each are provided in the instructions.

Let me know if there is anything that needs to be clearer in the instructions, and I will try to update it as soon as I can.

Guest rulinho
I can´t use multitouch on my zte light pro but it is enabled. In opera minibrowser works fine but not in others programs. I´m sure it is easy to solve this issue. Can anyone help me?

Solved editing some archives.

Guest kallt_kaffe
So has anyone figured anything out regarding OC'ing the tab yet?

Must confess, I know nothing in this respect, so I don't know if this quote should be self-explanatory or not.

There's nothing to figure out. I know exactly how to overclock it but cannot do it without the kernel source. The only thing I can do is hexedit the kernel and overclock the AHB bus which gives a ~10% performance increase.

Guest boutsism

are u sure that the new version works?cause i tried to install it from recovery mod but it show me a error and aborted...can u check it please?

Guest neos_83
are u sure that the new version works?cause i tried to install it from recovery mod but it show me a error and aborted...can u check it please?

the error happened to me as well

Guest garfin
Since switching to CM7 , i now have the WIFI not auto reconnecting comming out of sleep mode

I think i can confirm this as a bug...

Tried this ..

Settings,

Wireless & Networks,

WiFi Settings,

(Here, Click the Menu Button.. Go to Advanced)

WiFi Sleep Policy: NEVER

(Click the Menu Button..) Save.

However , ZTE V9 seems to ignore this setting change , and continues to drop the WIFI connection when screen switches off.

Guest metoriaN

Unable to connect to the network in updates above xxxxxxxxxxx-20110521. When selecting the airplain mod to "on" and back to "off" the network is unavailable as well.

My network is life:) Belarus.