[ROM][GingerBread]CM7 working on Gen2 ZTE Light/V9 [2011-08-15]

Guest kallt_kaffe

Guest truerusader

Cheers on all your work in here Boys!!!! I.m new just joined but I've reading up in here since I bought my V9 yesterday and did official OPTUS upgrade this morn & gosh it works much better, and will be happy with that for a week or 2 but knowing me will soon be wanting to flash CM7 a little later on when it becomes a bit more official i.e beta, so have been downing all the necessary bits (clockworkmod, one click reco, gapps etc) just getting ready...

Do have a few questions though,

1, before the official upgrade, I noticed there was no Settings/aboutphone/systemupdates installer in the Tablet :rolleyes: , like there was on my Moto defy,

& it was by sheer luck I stumbled upon the upgrade tool, but the systemupdate installer appeared after the upgrade which begs the question..

If an official Gingerbread update is as much an insurmountable pipe dream as I've been lead to believe in some forums, then why add an update installer with 2.2?, are optus planning an extended future for the mytab/ V9? <_<

2. Also I was quite annoyed to find the cpu clock is already set to it's max value in every cpu O/C app I can find ( please guys we need O/C modules?), and the lcd density can't be played with either without forcing a reboot( heart palpitates! :D , did I see the second last nightly in the first post have HDPI Profiles installed then removed, next evening? plz make it work?) so it seems just a simple root is not worth it yet unless you wanna go the full CM7 install which is too early for my liking, also what of the prospects of deodexing?/ baseband switching?/ vsel setting?, and other small contributions I've seen go into CM7 port for Defy ( which is still beta 6 but a huge success, my daily handset :D ) it seems the V9 maybe a bit further off being allowed CM7 official status but work hard please guys coz I and a bunch of others in Oz will be... er... rooting for ya, almost literally :(

gonna continue reading this spot while I learn more about this device, but will look forward to testing some stuff soon

Cheers again and Love the Work you have not yet done.

G :P

Guest kallt_kaffe
ok I have a build of 3.2.0.0 with a 16mb RamDisk... how do I test this kernel replacement thing?

I'll make an AHB overclock update for CM7 as soon as I get time. Thanks again.

Guest kallt_kaffe
ok I have a build of 3.2.0.0 with a 16mb RamDisk... how do I test this kernel replacement thing?

First install CM7 and after booting run this: dmesg |grep 0.22

You should now see the frequency table.

Now install the attached update and after boot, do the same thing again.

The AHB bus frequency should now have changed from 160000 to 240000 for the 480000kHz level and from 200000 to 300000 for the 600000kHz level.

cm7_zte_v9_ahb_oveclocked_kernel.zip

Guest boutsism

The AHB bus frequency should now have changed from 160000 to 240000 for the 480000kHz level and from 200000 to 300000 for the 600000kHz level.

What do u mean when u say "run this: dmesg |grep 0.22" cause i didnt understand it...

Guest boutsism

and i dont think that it works again...the install is becoming correct but after booting it doesnt start...it stucks at android icon...

Guest kallt_kaffe
What do u mean when u say "run this: dmesg |grep 0.22" cause i didnt understand it...

It was meant for Sebastian so that he can make sure that the new kernel has been flashed. It will not work with the currently available Clockwork versions but hopefully it will work when Sebastian release the new version.

Guest Sebastian404

Yeah, tested that and it seems to of worked :D

download here...

Edited by Sebastian404

Guest boutsism

could u please tell me the steps so as to install the new cm7 update? i cant make it even when i flashed the new recovery sebestian uploaded today...it stucks at android icon on restart after the install in recovery mode...

Guest kallt_kaffe
could u please tell me the steps so as to install the new cm7 update? i cant make it even when i flashed the new recovery sebestian uploaded today...it stucks at android icon on restart after the install in recovery mode...

It seems something has changed in the install script. It starts with backing up all the installed google apps to /tmp and then runs out of space so when it's time to exctract and flash the kernel it fails.

I hate to say this, but we propably could do with even more space on /tmp in Clockwork Recovery. I'm sorry I did not realize this erlier. Google apps needs about ~20Mb so I suppose it wouldn't harm to make /tmp 32Mb.

Guest forforum

Thanks Sebastian and KK, just installed the patched kernel and checked the dmsg messages. AHB is overclocked!! Will play around a bit more to see the real effect.

Guest sneakytoiletroll

Can one of you smart people help me out? I have a Telecom New Zealand ZTE V9 which operated on the UTMS 850 MHz frequency, with 2100 MHz infill in the major cities. After updating to the generic I lost the 850mhz and I was hoping that I might gain it again after updating onto the 2.3.4 version, but no luck. Any ideas?

Guest bubbdamadaussie

Hi guys thanks for all your hard work putting this together but now I have a problem.

I downloaded all the nessasary files and flashed my optus tab using causic sodas instructions but now all I gaet is the android logo on the spinning skate board.

I have downloaded the files that are suggested to use in the thread to flash back to original but I can't seem to get it to do what the instructions say.

Any help would be really appreciated thanks.

Guest CTFunkmonkey

Ive followed various steps myself, and have ended up with a couple of serious problems.

I first tried the latest build cm7 available, and that went into the install for a little bit then failed. Running the official optus 2.2 update fixed that back to standard. I then tried an older version, the '20' one. That appeared to install fine, but then bootlooped at the skateboard. A subsequent run of the official updater has done the same.

Any ideas guys? I dont want to junk an awesome tablet days after ive bought it!

Guest garfin

Hi Guys, (those having install problems)

not sure why some succeed where others fail..

did you follow CS's steps to the letter , in particular ..

- New rom will be installed, and device will remain in recovery

5. Clear caches

- click "Go Back" twice

- select "wipe data/factory reset", and confirm when prompted

- click "advanced"

- click "wipe dalvik cache", and confirm when prompted

- click "fix permissions"

6. Restart

- select "reboot" option (and cross your fingers)

eg No rebooting inbetween the install of CM7 and the subsequent "wipes" , permission fix ?

Guest boutsism
Hi Guys, (those having install problems)

not sure why some succeed where others fail..

did you follow CS's steps to the letter , in particular ..

- New rom will be installed, and device will remain in recovery

5. Clear caches

- click "Go Back" twice

- select "wipe data/factory reset", and confirm when prompted

- click "advanced"

- click "wipe dalvik cache", and confirm when prompted

- click "fix permissions"

6. Restart

- select "reboot" option (and cross your fingers)

eg No rebooting inbetween the install of CM7 and the subsequent "wipes" , permission fix ?

garfin,did u use the latest "2011-05-29" update and dd all these you mentioned and it worked?are u sure???cause i did them too from the latest recovery sebastian added and it doesnt...do i need to do anything else?

Guest garfin
garfin,did u use the latest "2011-05-29" update and dd all these you mentioned and it worked?are u sure???cause i did them too from the latest recovery sebastian added and it doesnt...do i need to do anything else?

No i used 20110525 , as that was the latest at the time..havent seen a need to step forward from that version, as yet .. (refer my post #48 , Pg3 of this thread) , I'm pretty sure CS was also installing that same version on his Tab , when he detailed the steps..

Edited by garfin

Guest boutsism
No i used 20110525 , as that was the latest at the time..havent seen a need to step forward from that version, as yet .. (refer my post #48 , Pg3 of this thread) , I'm pretty sure CS was also installing that same version on his Tab , when he detailed the steps..

oh thats ok then cause 20110525 worked on me too...but i wantto put the new one...thats why im asking...the new one has the problem probably...

Guest CTFunkmonkey

Morning all,

Yep i followed all the instructions several times closely, however i have found a way to unbrick them using a generic er.. update thing involving something called Sales_MultiDL and a generic update. Gets it running again. Tried to do a CM7 update install with that 28 build, same again, no joy.

Guest CTFunkmonkey
Morning all,

Yep i followed all the instructions several times closely, however i have found a way to unbrick them using a generic er.. update thing involving something called Sales_MultiDL and a generic update. Gets it running again. Tried to do a CM7 update install with that 28 build, same again, no joy.

Oh and thanks all for the replies, i managed to get it going before i found them!

Guest Bohdans

Hi,

First time poster here :D

With LOTS of messing around I found some things out,

FIRST:

For Optus users you MUST flash the GENERIC Firmware FIRST! I am assuming the Optus firmware has some sort of lock which causes CM7 to boot loop.

SECOND:

I could not get date29 firmware to work straight from GENERIC 2.2

THIRD:

You can flash GENERIC 2.2 using patched tool, install recovery, reboot then flash date25, then date29, then GAPPS, then Overclock pack. Then WIPE!!!! Then boot. You will have date29 with overclock working :D

Guest kallt_kaffe

download here...

Can you make the next version have even larger /tmp. I noticed the CM7 install backs up the Google apps to /tmp and restores them after an install when you upgrade CM7 from one nightly to another.

I changed your latest version to have 64Mb /tmp and the install went fine and I didn't need to reinstall the google apps package.

Guest boutsism

this time with Bohdans tips,it worked...i havent found any problems till now in 29 version... :D we will see!!!great work from ll of you!!!