• Please log in to reply
223 replies to this topic

Crinos512

Crinos512

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

Man, there are some serious losers on those pages. People actually seem offended by the Dell Streak?

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”
-Ghandi

Edited by Crinos512, 25 May 2011 - 05:56 PM.

j3zz

j3zz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:dell streak

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”
-Ghandi

reference approved

:P

fards

fards

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts
  • Interests:Human powered vehicles
  • Devices:Dell Streak
  • Twitter:@fardsmobile

THIS BASEBAND UPDATE IS REQUIRED FOR GPS AND SOME OTHER THINGS TO FUNCTION PROPERLY
its an engineering modified baseband that works better for 2.3
Baseband File Download:
Primary Download Site: http://mirror2.strea...id.com/amss.mbn

from the first posting doesn`t work .. where I can find the last build of this ?

dont use it

prawnballs

prawnballs

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

dont use it

Fards, is there another way to get GPS working other than using the engineering baseband? Have you had any luck with the other tweaks you were trying?

Prolog

Prolog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Flashed to new amss and dsp1 and now I'm unable to boot. No boot screen. LED's on side buttons turn on. After 10 minutes of this I pulled the battery and it still will not boot. Anyone have any ideas? did I just kill my streak?

PipoXtreme

PipoXtreme

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak @ Steve's build
@fards

I installed the 351 amss.msb with the dsp1 from the first posting.. but -
I done everything like usually but after startup and put in my sim code it come to startscreen and then back to streakdroid movement and again same game (till startscreen and back again)
Whats there the problem ? Or how I become it working.. Hopefully you can give me a tip on this !

haynesteve

haynesteve

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak ; HTC Desire HD
  • Twitter:@haynesteve

Flashed to new amss and dsp1 and now I'm unable to boot. No boot screen. LED's on side buttons turn on. After 10 minutes of this I pulled the battery and it still will not boot. Anyone have any ideas? did I just kill my streak?

goto http://streakdroid.com/?page_id=92 and follow the QDL guide (be sure to read everything before you start). This usually get your Streak back to normal

Streak (DJ Steve 1.9.0) ; Desire HD (Unity 2.3.5) : Galaxy S 2 (Criskelo v15)

Prolog

Prolog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

goto http://streakdroid.com/?page_id=92 and follow the QDL guide (be sure to read everything before you start). This usually get your Streak back to normal

Tried that, QDLTool fails after waiting for the ADB device.
I'm unable to get into fastboot or recovery. No image appears on the screen. the 3 LEDs continue to stay lit.

Edited by Prolog, 25 May 2011 - 09:06 PM.

messier

messier

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Devices:Dell Streak 5"
Thanks Steve,

I installed v2.0.0 rom. SonyEricsson MW600 headphones and SonyEricsson LiveView Bluetooth accessories, constantly having problems disconnect the Bluetooth connection. 15609 (351) rom did not have this problem.

Edited by messier, 25 May 2011 - 09:06 PM.

fards

fards

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Fards, is there another way to get GPS working other than using the engineering baseband? Have you had any luck with the other tweaks you were trying?

gps is a bit ropey for me..

I currently don't have a streak, see my tweet, so the general fixes will have to wait, but steve has them.

Waiting to speak to o2 insewerants in the morning to get a replacement, hope they have some, don't think I could stand a tiny weeny replacement.

fards

fards

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Tried that, QDLTool fails after waiting for the ADB device.
I'm unable to get into fastboot or recovery. No image appears on the screen. the 3 LEDs continue to stay lit.

streakflash is your answer

fards

fards

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

@fards

I done everything like usually but after startup and put in my sim code it come to startscreen and then back to streakdroid movement and again same game (till startscreen and back again)
Whats there the problem ? Or how I become it working.. Hopefully you can give me a tip on this !

factory reset.
or watch adb logcat and work out what the exact problem is while its booting.

PipoXtreme

PipoXtreme

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

factory reset.
or watch adb logcat and work out what the exact problem is while its booting.

Hmm the factory reser I done twice or more... and with adb logcat I don't know what to do... I think I wait on steve's file...

alert_bri

alert_bri

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Man, there are some serious losers on those pages. People actually seem offended by the Dell Streak?

Sure, but most seem relatively positive... I think that, thanks to Stephen's sterling work the Dell Streak is gaining credibility. I'm sure someone at Dell must be reading this - if so, make sure there is a successor to the Streak and next time get the drivers out in the open and developer support right!

I still think the Dell Streak is the best portable computer on the market - a tablet I can take everywhere with ease, which doubles as a phone. Seriously cool :P

Cheers

Brian

j3zz

j3zz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:dell streak

@fards

just wipe dalvik cache, no more reboot for me. since 2 day. ^^

PipoXtreme

PipoXtreme

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts
I will give it a try this evening again.. thanks for this info.. j3zz..

Hope it works then ..

fards

fards

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Sure, but most seem relatively positive... I think that, thanks to Stephen's sterling work the Dell Streak is gaining credibility. I'm sure someone at Dell must be reading this - if so, make sure there is a successor to the Streak and next time get the drivers out in the open and developer support right!

I still think the Dell Streak is the best portable computer on the market - a tablet I can take everywhere with ease, which doubles as a phone. Seriously cool :rolleyes:

Cheers

Brian

Just think what would happen if a couple of us got given pre-release 2nd generation streaks and the code to play with... :P

rebski

rebski

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Just think what would happen if a couple of us got given pre-release 2nd generation streaks and the code to play with... :P

Could that happen, do you think?

Dell appears to watch with some interest the work of you, Stephen and others on here. I am sure they see a potential benefit to themselves as well in doing so.

alert_bri

alert_bri

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Just think what would happen if a couple of us got given pre-release 2nd generation streaks and the code to play with... :rolleyes:

I agree, you should be rewarded materially for your efforts... Who was eligible to attend the google i/o conference recently? Didn't they each get a bribe/ freebie of a Samsung galaxy tab v10.1? Makes a couple of developer machines seem like small potatoes :P

Cheers

Brian

Edited by alert_bri, 26 May 2011 - 09:15 AM.

Crinos512

Crinos512

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts

I still think the Dell Streak is the best portable computer on the market - a tablet I can take everywhere with ease, which doubles as a phone. Seriously cool :P

Cheers

Brian

Does any one here know if the Streak7 has the capability to make phone calls?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users