Not detectable on PC

Guest 10damage

Guest 10damage

Hi all, my phone is no longer detectable on my PC via USB (Win7), nor another laptop (Win vista) I have tried on.

USB connection now only charges the phone, no longer prompts for mass storage option on the phone.

When i run install-clockworkmod-windows.bat, i receive the "device not found" error msg. (tried also on another laptop)

Have installed "LGUnitedMobileDriver_S498MA22_WHQL_ML_Ver_2.2" but not sure if it was successful as there was no msg indicating it's properly installed.

Mass storage feature worked mths ago when I was initially on stock.

Didn't try the usb connection till recently when I needed to transfer data using usb instead of usual practice via bluetooth. (bluetooth still works fine)

Am now on FR12, it works great thus far.

Have scoured the net for solutions but seems like mine is a remote case.

Restarting computer doesn't help :<, ADB seemed a potential remedy but I have inadequate understanding of what it is nor how to get it to work..

Greatly appreciate any help in diagnosing what I may have damaged, at my wits end.

Guest Shadman2011

I had the same problem but I noticed that when i upgraded to a FR17 based rom (Blazing Dragon 1.8), the USB started to work again. So maybe thats something you should think about trying first...

Guest r3stless

I had the same problem, it was solved by changing the USB Mode manualy in Hidden Settings "Port Setting" Then my Computer recognized the Phone again.

Guest 10damage
I had the same problem, it was solved by changing the USB Mode manualy in Hidden Settings "Port Setting" Then my Computer recognized the Phone again.

*edit

Found the hidden menu, simply dial "1809#*990#" in the phone function to launch it.

About to ask which setting to use, mparack beat me to it.

I have tried "CP USB" and "AP USB" then save & reboot but neither changed the situation.

Being able to transfer files via bluetooth, i can still install new roms but not able to flash CWM from PC.

Thanks guys, great to know I am not alone.

Will meanwhile wait for a more stable rom release or gingerbread b4 i ditch FR12.

Hopefully by then the usb connection for data transfer will function proper.

Edited by 10damage

Guest mparack

Hi

Could you please confirm what option did you select from Port Settings?

I can see CP Image Download

FET Disable

FET Enable

AP UART

CP UART

AP USB

CP USB

with AP USB selected by default

Thanks

Guest r3stless
Hi

Could you please confirm what option did you select from Port Settings?

I can see CP Image Download

FET Disable

FET Enable

AP UART

CP UART

AP USB

CP USB

with AP USB selected by default

Thanks

Hi,

i selected CP USB and plugged the phone into the Computer. No reboot needed. That way i got the "Mass Storage option back"

I am currently using FR18 B2 and it works like a charm, no more Battery Drain, good performance, best ROM so far!

• 1 month later...
Guest 10damage

Hi Guys,

I am still stuck, after so long, not able to have my phone detectable via usb connection ever since installing FR12.

As much of the recovery solutions and process requires the phone to be detectable by PC,

am quite stuck with FR12, not able to proceed to FR19 being not able to revert to EXT3.

Seriously hoping the detectable issue will be resolved once I move out of FR12.

Have installed the LG united mobile driver, done it multiple times, reboot, checked that device is not connected while installing, but to no avail.

Tried port settings below, but nothing so far.

Is there a rom version I can use?

(ie could be installed using CWM 3.0.2.8 which I am also stuck with, after transferring via bluetooth to the ext SD card.)

Since v17 or 18b could be installed without downgrading to EXT3, can anyone kindly provide me with a link/access to the rom?

Greatly greatly appreciate any help or advice here, and even time reading the above.

Guest Stevvie

use CWM to install Back2EXT3 http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-optim...r-back-to-ext3/ . then install FR19. Put them BOTH onto your SDCARD, install Back2EXT3 in CWM and that should be enough to get FR19 running. Also most of the USB problems I have encountered stem from the KERNAL, you could try one of the many different kernals from XDA http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1002

Edited by Stevvie

Guest mparack
Hi Guys,

I am still stuck, after so long, not able to have my phone detectable via usb connection ever since installing FR12.

As much of the recovery solutions and process requires the phone to be detectable by PC,

am quite stuck with FR12, not able to proceed to FR19 being not able to revert to EXT3.

Seriously hoping the detectable issue will be resolved once I move out of FR12.

Have installed the LG united mobile driver, done it multiple times, reboot, checked that device is not connected while installing, but to no avail.

Tried port settings below, but nothing so far.

Is there a rom version I can use?

(ie could be installed using CWM 3.0.2.8 which I am also stuck with, after transferring via bluetooth to the ext SD card.)

Since v17 or 18b could be installed without downgrading to EXT3, can anyone kindly provide me with a link/access to the rom?

Greatly greatly appreciate any help or advice here, and even time reading the above.

While you will be able to install other roms, I don't think you will be able to stockify the handset. I had the same problem and had to return the handset as I just couldn't get the USB to work.

Perhaps another kernel might resolve it for you as suggested above. Let us know if it does.

Guest Stevvie

Also If you want to push stuff using ADB try http://androidcommander.com/ this is a Graphical front end for ADB and is so much easier and quicker than typing the commands. Also try deleting the ADB/LG entried in device manager as my daughter said that her USB stopped working on her ZTE Blade a while ago and that fixed it for her.

Guest 10damage
use CWM to install Back2EXT3 http://android.modaco.com/content/lg-optim...r-back-to-ext3/ . then install FR19. Put them BOTH onto your SDCARD, install Back2EXT3 in CWM and that should be enough to get FR19 running. Also most of the USB problems I have encountered stem from the KERNAL, you could try one of the many different kernals from XDA http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1002

-From what I have read, CWM 3.0.2.8 seem to be unable to get the EXT3 to work. Correct me if I am wrong.

-So.. how do I go about changing the kernals, clueless noob here :<

-Android Commander has a way to access the phone that is currently undetectable via usb?

Looks interesting.

Update:

Found and installed this > "FR17 64MB+ Gilgamesh Edition 1.7" some days back.

It is based off FR17, very fast and nice. To my disappointment, usb still does not work.

Also returned my set to LG service ctr.

To my amazement they displayed eagerness to return the phone quickly without offering further advice on alternatives that may be taken in spite of the void warranty.

I feel now a lowly valued customer who is abandoned ASAP as they pull out the warranty terms to their defence.

Can't they competently reflash a hardware they have produced? Or at least charge me a service fee if deemed necessary for the work?

I will see how they reply later.

Am serving reservist now (in camp training), will try out the methods suggested once I am out of it.

Thanks guys.

Edited by 10damage

• 3 months later...
Guest arrediabo

Any news on this one?

Same happened to me and really don't know how to proceed, as phone isn't even recognized with smartFlash.

Don't think this is ROM related, seems more like a hardware fault.. Some people with this problem, seem to have sorted this problem the same way it started. Suddenly and having done nothing to change the state.