apps2sd

Guest kev1962

Guest kev1962

does any one know maximum size you can allocate and use for this..... i have allocated about 600mb but a recent app download which stores everything to int memory has significantly reduced my int memory

i have lg540 with android 2.1

Guest Stephen J. Knill
does any one know maximum size you can allocate and use for this..... i have allocated about 600mb but a recent app download which stores everything to int memory has significantly reduced my int memory

i have lg540 with android 2.1

You can use whatever size you wish from your SDcard towards this, it just depends on what size you create the partitions at. You can even use 100% of your SDcard if you really wanted to... not that I could see why anyone would actually want to do that...

Something you could also look at... is the data2ext option, it moves the /data partition onto your SDcard... so ALL applications will be installed onto it by default. (This is not a good idea for a SDcard below Class 6)

Personaly, I have a 16GB SDcard... with 128MB swap and 2048MB EXT4 for apps (remainder in FAT32... der).

Guest kev1962

thankyou for your help. will look at data2ext option

thanks

kevin

You can use whatever size you wish from your SDcard towards this, it just depends on what size you create the partitions at. You can even use 100% of your SDcard if you really wanted to... not that I could see why anyone would actually want to do that...

Something you could also look at... is the data2ext option, it moves the /data partition onto your SDcard... so ALL applications will be installed onto it by default. (This is not a good idea for a SDcard below Class 6)

Personaly, I have a 16GB SDcard... with 128MB swap and 2048MB EXT4 for apps (remainder in FAT32... der).