Soft-Key Issue - Anybode else?

Guest TechnoLover

Guest TechnoLover

Hello everyone,

as my phone has a bad response on the soft keys I worked on a patch and I think I found one, but I need some testers who want to test out the patch, primary some people who have a bad response on the soft keys :P

Edited by TechnoLover

Guest TechnoLover

it's a fix for your soft keys when they don't work very well, for example your home button does not work properly when you push it when the phone is on the desk and not in your hand. I try to fix this, it was sometimes the same on the Liquid S100

EDIT: Kernel added

be sure that you're on a Froyo Bin & reboot phone in bootloader and run per terminal

fastboot -i 0x0502 boot Acer-Liquid-MT-Kernel-24052011-161035.img

After a reboot you have your old Kernel back

Acer_Liquid_MT_Kernel_24052011_161035.img

Please give Feedback, if the Keys work better, the same or even worse than before

Edited by TechnoLover

Guest vache
it's a fix for your soft keys when they don't work very well, for example your home button does not work properly when you push it when the phone is on the desk and not in your hand. I try to fix this, it was sometimes the same on the Liquid S100

EDIT: Kernel added

reboot phone in bootloader and run per terminal

fastboot -i 0x0502 boot Acer-Liquid-MT-Kernel-24052011-161035.img

After a reboot you have your old Kernel back

Acer_Liquid_MT_Kernel_24052011_161035.img

Please give Feedback, if the Keys work better, the same or even worse than before

On wich BIN it is intend to be flashed ?

Guest TechnoLover

It should work on any acer bin and/or acer based rom, I use it on top of Metalounay but it should work an any bin cause it's just acer kernel source, modified.

Guest vache
It should work on any acer bin and/or acer based rom, I use it on top of Metalounay but it should work an any bin cause it's just acer kernel source, modified.

We have only Froyo kernel sources. The ramdisk, and the init script are different from Froyo to Gingerbread.

So it is intend to be flash on Froyo only, you'll stuck at Acer logo on Gingerbread.

If i flash back a Froyo bin i'll try it and let you know.

Guest vache

Just try it on after flash 1.100.35.

First time it booted i thunk soft-key was broken.

With stock boot i have to press key a little bit below of it, with your boot, i have to press them a little bit above.

I have to press the touchscreen in the same time. (my finger exceeds on it)

The sensitive area seems to be less, but it looks like you find something interesting.

Can you point me what file(s) you modify ?

Guest TechnoLover

https://github.com/marcOcram/Acer-Liquid-MT...m/board-a4-ts.c

starting at line 128 :P

The theory is that the touchscreen don't stops after the normal screen, it goes below the soft keys. So the touchscreen is about 930px long. So after 800px you can change the value to whatever you want, you could also add a fifth key if you want but I've never tried this as I got no idea which key is usable there. Another idea could be, to replace the search-key with another key, such as skip-song or change brightness maybe :rolleyes:

Now I try to change the battery percentage to 1%-steps <_<

Guest bozok

I couldn't use your patch, but i have problems with soft keys from the purchase of the Liquid Metal, and it's the only problem i have.

It seems that the sensibility is quite below the average, and sometimes to make the MT understand i want to go back, or i want to select the option menu, i have to scroll my thumb on the touch area, so that i find the right place where the Metal "understands" my intention.

It would be nice to fix that in order to make our Metal as ready to touch as the other devices.

Edited by bozok

Guest davidevinavil
1%-step battery works btw. :rolleyes:

Good work :P

Could you share your modified source to have 1% step?

Have you edit also framework-res.apk?

Guest TechnoLover

@davidevinavil

look here: https://github.com/marcOcram/Acer-Liquid-MT-Kernel or https://github.com/marcOcram/Acer-Liquid-MT...commits/master/ and click on commit :P

and I haven't changed framework-res.apk yet :rolleyes: gonna have a look later, first I have to do some other things first <_<

when using source please credit (:

@bozok

That's the problem I have, too. Maybe I send my MT back to receive a new, the problem is that it's impossible to use the buttons just with the fingertip, you really have to roll your finger/thumb, that's really annoying. When the phone lies on the desk it's even more worse...

Guest bozok
@bozok

That's the problem I have, too. Maybe I send my MT back to receive a new, the problem is that it's impossible to use the buttons just with the fingertip, you really have to roll your finger/thumb, that's really annoying. When the phone lies on the desk it's even more worse...

I don't know whether this can help, but the problem happens more often when battery is at 60-70% or less..

If the device is full charged, the response to touch is not perfect, but for sure better !

Guest davidevinavil

Hi I was looking into your github and I found a little mistake into acpuclock-7x30.c at line 53 there is

+#define PLL2_L_VAL_ADDR (MSM_CLK_CTL_BASE + 0x33)

but right is

+#define PLL2_L_VAL_ADDR (MSM_CLK_CTL_BASE + 0x33c)

as written here https://github.com/coolbho3k/vision_oc_kern...cpuclock-7x30.c

:D

please look at static struct clkctl_acpu_speed acpu_freq_tbl and give me your opinion about that..

{ 184320, PLL_3, 5, 4, 61440, 25, VDD_RAW(25) },

must be

{ 184320, PLL_3, 5, 3, 61440, 25, VDD_RAW(25) },

{ 368640, PLL_3, 5, 1, 122800, 25, VDD_RAW(25) },

must be

{ 368640, PLL_3, 5, 1, 122880, 25, VDD_RAW(25) },

anyway congratulations for your work :D

And thank for 1% battery step..

Edited by davidevinavil

Guest TechnoLover
{ 184320, PLL_3, 5, 4, 61440, 25, VDD_RAW(25) },

must be

{ 184320, PLL_3, 5, 3, 61440, 25, VDD_RAW(25) },

why 3?

{ 368640, PLL_3, 5, 1, 122800, 25, VDD_RAW(25) },

must be

{ 368640, PLL_3, 5, 1, 122880, 25, VDD_RAW(25) },

this seems that it has to be changed :D

Guest davidevinavil

737280 is pll3 frequency so:

737280/(1+1) → 368640

737280/(2+1) → 245760

737280/(3+1) → 184320

737280/(5+1) → 122880

I'm not so good in english to explain why but I think you can understand :D

Edited by davidevinavil

Guest TechnoLover

not really =/ the fps are around ~38fps and the only positive is, that vsync is enabled, so there's no "tearing" (?).

Negative aspect is that the battery drain seems higher =(

So I have to search further but I don't give up :D

Guest Svarion
not really =/ the fps are around ~38fps and the only positive is, that vsync is enabled, so there's no "tearing" (?).

Negative aspect is that the battery drain seems higher =(

So I have to search further but I don't give up :D

vache has disabled vsync to push the limit to 43 fps, so there's no advantages..

anyway, great work :D