CM 7.0.3 keyboard minor issue - also root question

Guest waqasahmed

Guest waqasahmed

Hi, first of all a big thanks to the person that made this guide:

http://android.modaco.com/content/zte-blad...r-easy-install/

Secondly, I'm wondering if there's any way that you can use a third party keyboard that stays the same after each reboot. ie: the Android keyboard is installed on the device. I personally like this, and have adapted to a qwerty keyboard. My mum, however is very very used to a T9 keyboard, so I downloaded better keyboard and enabled it. After a reboot, it was disabled so had to be re-enabled. I tried this on my own phone because I was wanting to experiment on my own phone first before I gave my mum the "all clear" so to speak.

Is there any way ie: through the terminal to correct this? Also, the device is of course rooted. Would it not be possible to create an admin through the terminal, and then we could de-root? Surely when you root your phone, it is asking for the highest available permissions from the highest authority (ie: the admin)

Thanking you in advance, and CM 7.0.3 is awesome! I've since upgraded my 8GB Micro SD to a class 10(should have bought a PNY but nevertheless it is still pretty fast)

Thanks

Guest Pondlife

That's got me slightly baffled as keyboard stays on the one I've been using after reboot. Admittedly using GO keyboard not that one though.

Guest Pieniek

Had the same problem ad fixed it - just move your keyboard to internal memory :P Problem solved : D

Thats because Android must take some time before read sd card.

Guest waqasahmed
Had the same problem ad fixed it - just move your keyboard to internal memory :P Problem solved : D

Thats because Android must take some time before read sd card.

Ah yes of course. Don't know why on Earth I didn't think of that one before. Of course the root question still applies if any one knows if an admin on the device would be capable of running software that require root access, without having to "root" your phone, so to speak