Superboot is a boot.img that when flashed, will root your device the first time you boot (installing su and the superuser APK). No need to flash the system partition, no need to use ADB, no messing with the contents of your data partition, no overwriting the shipped ROM on your device, just flash the boot image using the instructions below and you're done!
My Superboot image for the Huawei U8800 / Ideos X5 does more than this though. As well as rooting your device, it will install a custom optimised kernel, convert your device from EXT3 to EXT4 (for increased performance), install busybox with shortcuts and install TUN/CIFS kernel modules!
APPLY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!
- Superboot r1 - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 5bfde2790a4cca2a9d106ef42111da47
How to use Superboot
- Turn off your device
- Turn your device on while holding 'volume up' and 'volume down' the screen will turn purple
- Plug the device into your PC. A number of 'USB drives' will appear, including one with a single directory named 'image'.
- From this directory, copy the boot.img and keep somewhere safe (this is your 'undo' mechanism)
- Copy the downloaded image above to the image directory named boot.img
- Eject the USB drives and restart your device (by pulling the battery)