• MoDaCo Gold
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Interests:Wine, Women, Songs :)
  • Devices:iPhone 5s

MD5 corrected, apologies!

Thanks ;)

My devices: Apple iPhone 4S on T-Mobile - Android: Amazon Kindle Fire

Previously: Android: Huawei U8800, ZTE Blade & Ancient: WM6.1: HTC Blackstone, WM6: HTC Kaiser, WM5: HTC Hermes

Pulseuser1

Pulseuser1

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Pulse
Lol for some reason this is much slower than the stock ROM i had initially, no idea why though, i did everything correctly ;)

That-Guy

That-Guy

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Lol for some reason this is much slower than the stock ROM i had initially, no idea why though, i did everything correctly :P

Are you using this with the B136 Firmware? As this was the Firmware it was designed for/created on ;)

Huawei U8800 / Ideos X5 - Rooted & Unlocked
Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery 5.5.0.4 | Rom: Android 2.3.5 - Official Huawei Final Release
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 (un-modified) | Partitions: Stock Partition Layout

....:::: Ultimate Guide to the Huawei U8800 ::::....
Rooting | Custom ROMs | ClockworkMod | Themes | Other Hacks & Tweaks

[U8800] [How To] Root, Install ClockworkMod + Remove Bundled Apps from Official 2.3.5

Posted Image

WEBSITE - TWITTER - GOOGLE+ - BLOG

primozkoco

primozkoco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:Ideos x5
Would this superboot work with B160 ROM ?

That-Guy

That-Guy

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Would this superboot work with B160 ROM ?

Some people are reporting reboots with Superboot and B160. Best answer I can give is to try, just backup your existing boot image first.

Let us know how you get on!

Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery 5.5.0.4 | Rom: Android 2.3.5 - Official Huawei Final Release

[U8800] [How To] Root, Install ClockworkMod + Remove Bundled Apps from Official 2.3.5

Posted Image

primozkoco

primozkoco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:Ideos x5
Ok soon as I get my sd card I will try it. ;)

Xann

Xann

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:Huawei U8800H
Guys, just curious, will I be able to revert back to the original bootloader after using Paul's Superboot...? Do I just replace it with the original bootloader...?

That-Guy

That-Guy

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
Yep just backup your Original Boot Loader before using Paul's, then if you want to revert just copy the backup back ;)

Posted Image

Xann

Xann

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:Huawei U8800H
Haha, nice, can't wait to try it out. Thanks a lot mate! =D

Adnan Khan

Adnan Khan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Hauwai X5

Introducing.... Superboot! :)

Superboot is a boot.img that when flashed, will root your device the first time you boot (installing su and the superuser APK). No need to flash the system partition, no need to use ADB, no messing with the contents of your data partition, no overwriting the shipped ROM on your device, just flash the boot image using the instructions below and you're done!

My Superboot image for the Huawei U8800 / Ideos X5 does more than this though. As well as rooting your device, it will install a custom optimised kernel, convert your device from EXT3 to EXT4 (for increased performance), install busybox with shortcuts and install TUN/CIFS kernel modules! :D

APPLY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Download
  • Superboot r1 - DOWNLOAD (Mediafire Pro) - MD5: 5bfde2790a4cca2a9d106ef42111da47
The superboot image is also 'insecure', allowing full ADB root access to your device.

How to use Superboot
  • Turn off your device
  • Turn your device on while holding 'volume up' and 'volume down' the screen will turn purple
  • Plug the device into your PC. A number of 'USB drives' will appear, including one with a single directory named 'image'.
  • From this directory, copy the boot.img and keep somewhere safe (this is your 'undo' mechanism)
  • Copy the downloaded image above to the image directory named boot.img
  • Eject the USB drives and restart your device (by pulling the battery)
Enjoy! B)
P

Hi to Forum Members
I am just new to Andriod and I followed the steps with my Hauwei IDEOS X5 to use Superboot, but after following all step my Wifi connection is in "Turning on" mode. any solution ?

Edited by Adnan Khan, 21 June 2011 - 07:22 PM.

That-Guy

That-Guy

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Hi to Forum Members
I am just new to Andriod and I followed the steps with my Hauwei IDEOS X5 to use Superboot, but after following all step my Wifi connection is in "Turning on" mode. any solution ?

Which firmware version do you have?

If its not B136 upgrade to that then follow the steps in this guide again.

THIS POST should help you :)

Posted Image

leonida5

leonida5

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Huawei X5
Ive been using superboot for 2 weeks and havent had any problems but i went to wifi settings for the first time since i did superboot root and it crashed. Not sure if its a problem with the kernel, but when i go to wifi settings the screen goes black and the phone does a quick reboot.

Wifi still works fine though as it connects to my router.

That-Guy

That-Guy

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Ive been using superboot for 2 weeks and havent had any problems but i went to wifi settings for the first time since i did superboot root and it crashed. Not sure if its a problem with the kernel, but when i go to wifi settings the screen goes black and the phone does a quick reboot.

Wifi still works fine though as it connects to my router.

Not getting this problem myself, connects first time every time with no problems.

(sorry I can't be any more help)

Posted Image

s3k0

s3k0

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Devices:huawei x5
i use the that way root my phone but then i open camera camera blue and reverse display why ?

That-Guy

That-Guy

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

i use the that way root my phone but then i open camera camera blue and reverse display why ?

You need to replace the Camera Lib files, see here:
http://android.modac.../camera-faulty/

Posted Image

trancer01

trancer01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:Huawei U8800

You need to replace the Camera Lib files, see here:
http://android.modac.../camera-faulty/

Just curious, does changing the camera libs also solve the framerate problem when recording videos on ideos x5? I get a jerk every five or so seconds on my recordings.

Cirno

Cirno

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Devices:Huawei U8800 Ideos X5

Just curious, does changing the camera libs also solve the framerate problem when recording videos on ideos x5? I get a jerk every five or so seconds on my recordings.

Nope, and nope.
The jerkiness is something with hardware to do not the software. Well with software you could smooth it out making it not such an eyesore. However I am guessing the Oxygen ROM, is gonna have an optimized version for the video recording part.

trancer01

trancer01

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:Huawei U8800
Has anyone encountered a weird bug with B136 stock ROM (with or without a modified kernel), i.e. losing your GSM/UMTS signal when wifi is turned on and not being able to find your operator`s home network until a reboot? I`ve had this issue for some time now, it happens every couple of days on my stock B136 firmware and also with Paul`s superboot image (same thing happening when I was using papatsonis` tweaked bootloader).

Edited by trancer01, 02 July 2011 - 09:49 AM.

Cirno

Cirno

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Devices:Huawei U8800 Ideos X5

Has anyone encountered a weird bug with B136 stock ROM (with or without a modified kernel), i.e. losing your GSM/UMTS signal when wifi is turned on and not being able to find your operator`s home network until a reboot? I`ve had this issue for some time now, it happens every couple of days on my stock B136 firmware and also with Paul`s superboot image (same thing happening when I was using papatsonis` tweaked bootloader).

No, you seem to be first with such problem. I have no idea what you can do about it but I would recommend you upgrade to B137 fibblesans custom rom. Works like a charm.

That-Guy

That-Guy

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Give the FLB B137 ROM a try and see if that helps. Its Android 2.2.2 so should have a few extra bug fixes :)

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users