"Windows Phone" Style Tiles Time :P

Guest JudasLucifer

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Howdy...

So, @Victor Von Zeppelin (the legend) really made me think;

I NEED TILES NOT ICONS.

And so now, I'm going to try and get some working :P

I have tried using Widgetsoid: and created some functioning horizontal and vertical tiles! :rolleyes:

However, It doesn't have a 2x2, 3x3, or 4x4 widget, and so I can't get square tiles working! O.o

If anyone knows a better app for this, either a complete set of widgets or something I can customize (ANY customizable widget app you know!) then please say <_<

Please post any failed attempts to snazz up your phone here :( (will upload mine shortly)

Guest Mushroom_Lord

I think Desktop visualizer is the way forward here: as I want to stay with launcherpro :P (7 launcher is a bit... meh... to be used as your main launcher atm, imo ofc, lol) just wanted as much acronyms (that the right word?) there as possible :rolleyes:

Guest wolverine73

I created some tiles using Gimp on the PC and then transfered them to my SD card on my phone.

Used Desktop Visualiser to apply them on the screen and used its ability to launch just about anything to have my own custom tiles accessing shortcuts/ apps organizer etc

Cant remember the size i used though on creation in Gimp - though DV will scale them for you to an extent

Found out the bits that i done - posted on the wallpaper thread http://android.modaco.com/content-page/318...creen/page/720/ - post 737 is my creation.........

All the best :P

Edited by wolverine73

Guest Mushroom_Lord
But tiles are bigger than icons! Might as well use Launcher 7 if you want the Metro UI.

Personally, I'm not a fan of launcher7 :P

I'd much prefer use launcher pro, and also use widgets, etc :rolleyes:

Guest Mushroom_Lord
I created some tiles using Gimp on the PC and then transfered them to my SD card on my phone.

Used Desktop Visualiser to apply them on the screen and used its ability to launch just about anything to have my own custom tiles accessing shortcuts/ apps organizer etc

Cant remember the size i used though on creation in Gimp - though DV will scale them for you to an extent

Found out the bits that i done - posted on the wallpaper thread http://android.modaco.com/content-page/318...creen/page/720/ - post 737 is my creation.........

All the best :P

Nice! :rolleyes: might I ask how you choose the size of the widget? <_<

Oh and for future reference clicking the post number will give you an option to link to that post :(

Oh, and does DV just "squash" images to fit or does it crop them?

Guest wolverine73
Nice! <_< might I ask how you choose the size of the widget? :(

Oh and for future reference clicking the post number will give you an option to link to that post :D

Oh, and does DV just "squash" images to fit or does it crop them?

Choosing the size of the DV widget is long press on home screen, select widgets and then under Desktop Visualizer there should be a whole heap of size choices......... not sure why you've only got one though?

DV scales the image but not to the exact sized dimensions to fill it's widget space - you have to go back n forth creating an image then put on SD card and see how it looks with DV.

Pain in the butt really but the size of them isnt an exact science........ you'd think that a 2 by 1 DV widget would be twice the vertical and a single of the horizontal ( or vice versa) but its a bit mote fiddly than that - bit of trial and error i'm afraid and ive deleted my old tiles so cant reference them :P

Thanks for the post number link info - will have to start using that :rolleyes: