6 replies to this topic

de_shepherd

de_shepherd

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Pulse
Anyone with one of these comment on how well the touch sensitive buttons work ... I read reviews of other phones with such non-mechanical buttons which indicate they can be fiddly to use ... you can't tell if the phone has received the press so either you release and find it hasn't responded or you keep pressing and find it responds to a long press instead of a tap!

Poulsen8r

Poulsen8r

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Anyone with one of these comment on how well the touch sensitive buttons work ... I read reviews of other phones with such non-mechanical buttons which indicate they can be fiddly to use ... you can't tell if the phone has received the press so either you release and find it hasn't responded or you keep pressing and find it responds to a long press instead of a tap!

The buttons are fine. I mean, they work properly what else can I say. Haptic works fine and the buttons are spaced nicely (and are in a good order) so you always press the right one.

That-Guy

That-Guy

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
I saw a review of another android phone that had these buttons and the buttons back light changes colour when pressed, that would be cool :P

Huawei U8800 / Ideos X5 - Rooted & Unlocked
Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery 5.5.0.4 | Rom: Android 2.3.5 - Official Huawei Final Release
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 (un-modified) | Partitions: Stock Partition Layout

....:::: Ultimate Guide to the Huawei U8800 ::::....
Rooting | Custom ROMs | ClockworkMod | Themes | Other Hacks & Tweaks

[U8800] [How To] Root, Install ClockworkMod + Remove Bundled Apps from Official 2.3.5

Posted Image

WEBSITE - TWITTER - GOOGLE+ - BLOG

Poulsen8r

Poulsen8r

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

I saw a review of another android phone that had these buttons and the buttons back light changes colour when pressed, that would be cool <_<

That would be awesome! :P Anyone up for some hardware modding :rolleyes:

de_shepherd

de_shepherd

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Devices:T-Mobile Pulse

The buttons are fine. I mean, they work properly what else can I say. Haptic works fine and the buttons are spaced nicely (and are in a good order) so you always press the right one.

.. so you get vibrate (?sounds as well) feedback from the phone when it recognizes the press? certainly that seems to work ok with the keyboard on my pulse so sounds as if its not an issue

Poulsen8r

Poulsen8r

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
No sounds (only for certain things Swype, dialer, probably others). Yeah vibrate does work well to let you know if you have/haven't pressed the button.

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,368 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
On the LG Optimus Black they turn blue when you press them. :P

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users