[ROM][Gen1][Gen2] JGM Software GingerFLB

Guest TheManicGibbon

Guest Mushroom_Lord
I've made a flashable zip and tried it out but it doesnt seem to have worked, I still have my old LauncherPro setup...I'll keep trying.

Care to upload the zip? I'll give it a whizz.

Guest TheManicGibbon
Care to upload the zip? I'll give it a whizz.

I've just replaced my theme files with your launcher pro files. I think it's not working because the script in the zip only flashes files in \system\. Maybe someone who's competent with Clockwork can have a look.

EDIT: Yes, I've opened up the script and it only flashes files in system. So I need to find out how to write one that flashes to \data\. I'll upload it when I've done that, no point in me uploading because it definitely wont work :rolleyes:

Thanks to KonstaT as well :P

Guest themighysquitt

Hey guy's, I've currently got Lance H's FLB Gen2 on my Blade & I use Launcher Pro Plus (its a great app I've made a few different themes with it & I'm thinking of posting a few screenshots on to this forum) to customize my home screens but if you want the full Gingerbread there's no need for LP just add the Gingerbread Launcher app by Steven Lin & he's also released a Gingerbread Keyboard app too!! :P

Guest TheManicGibbon
Hey guy's, I've currently got Lance H's FLB Gen2 on my Blade & I use Launcher Pro Plus (its a great app I've made a few different themes with it & I'm thinking of posting a few screenshots on to this forum) to customize my home screens but if you want the full Gingerbread there's no need for LP just add the Gingerbread Launcher app by Steven Lin & he's also released a Gingerbread Keyboard app too!! :P

That's true. I have tried both of them, but I use the widgets with Launcher Pro Plus and I didn't find the Gingerbread launcher as smooth as LP. Also, i find his keyboard difficult to use, I prefer the TouchPal that came with the phone.

Thanks for the suggestion though :rolleyes:

Guest themighysquitt
That's true. I have tried both of them, but I use the widgets with Launcher Pro Plus and I didn't find the Gingerbread launcher as smooth as LP. Also, i find his keyboard difficult to use, I prefer the TouchPal that came with the phone.

Thanks for the suggestion though :P

No worries mate, I was just reading through you thread & I just thought I suggest the idea. Great work btw I feel there's no need for me to install your ROM as I already got FLB with your Gingerbread theme on my phone!! :rolleyes:

Guest TheManicGibbon
No worries mate, I was just reading through you thread & I just thought I suggest the idea. Great work btw I feel there's no need for me to install your ROM as I already got FLB with your Gingerbread theme on my phone!! :P

Nice :rolleyes:

BTW, this includes the GMail add-on, don't know if you're interested or not, it gives you the Gingerbread icon in the notification bar when you receive a new email, for the complete Gingerbread look :(

If you are interested, it's available in the first post of my themes thread as a separate download <_<

Guest themighysquitt
Nice :P

BTW, this includes the GMail add-on, don't know if you're interested or not, it gives you the Gingerbread icon in the notification bar when you receive a new email, for the complete Gingerbread look :(

If you are interested, it's available in the first post of my themes thread as a separate download <_<

Thanx I'll take a look, I think I saw it when I looked at your theme thread the other day. I've already install the transparent power control widget!! :rolleyes:

Guest Kthulhu

I was using SS but was having lot of problem after reinstalling app with Titanium, so decided to try this rom.

Very good rom :P - 24h of hard use and no prob at all. I love the power widget in the tab bar....only thing I missed from CM7.

Guest TheManicGibbon
I was using SS but was having lot of problem after reinstalling app with Titanium, so decided to try this rom.

Very good rom :P - 24h of hard use and no prob at all. I love the power widget in the tab bar....only thing I missed from CM7.

Thanks, although most of the credit is to flibblesan :rolleyes:

Great Rom. Fast and stable.

MMS not working <_< Does anybody have that problem?

Don't have that myself, check your APN settings are correct and the right network is selected.

Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > GSM/UMTS Options > Access Point Names

Hope this helps.

Edited by TheManicGibbon

Guest RaverDrew

Thanks, almost the perfect ROM imo.

CM7 is still way too buggy for everyday use and battery life is horrendous.

SS just doesn't quite feel as smooth as FLB and battery life isn't quite so good either.

I just have one minor problem.

After restoring my angry birds data via titanium I keep getting force close. This is nearly as infuriating as the game itself.

Guest Simon O
I have read the first post and I have also read the post where even Flibblesan recommends using SS over his rom.

I only did that as Swedish Spring was being regularly updated at the time.

Really happy to see another rom based upon FLB. BTW have you notice any bugs regarding the phone slider on incoming calls? Also are you planning to keep this updated?

I'll look at the root issue tomorrow. I have a couple of ideas to fix this.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest TheManicGibbon
Thanks, almost the perfect ROM imo.

CM7 is still way too buggy for everyday use and battery life is horrendous.

SS just doesn't quite feel as smooth as FLB and battery life isn't quite so good either.

I just have one minor problem.

After restoring my angry birds data via titanium I keep getting force close. This is nearly as infuriating as the game itself.

Thanks! Are you sure you're just restoring Angry Birds data and not the app itself, it might not like that. Also, are you sure it's just the data from Angry Birds, and not other apps, it might not like that either.

Hope this helps :o

I only did that as Swedish Spring was being regularly updated at the time.

Really happy to see another rom based upon FLB. BTW have you notice any bugs regarding the phone slider on incoming calls? Also are you planning to keep this updated?

I'll look at the root issue tomorrow. I have a couple of ideas to fix this.

I've been using FLB for about 3-4 months, and I've noticed no slider bugs no :D

I want to try to keep this updated, but as I've said, I've started off as a theme dev, so I'm kinda at the deep end here, but I want to learn as much as I can :D . Fixing the root issue would be absolutely amazing :(, it's the only minor caveat with this ROM.

And thanks again, because without your amazing work this ROM wouldn't even have existed :D

Edited by TheManicGibbon

Guest Mushroom_Lord

I'm not even joking this brought tears to my eyes seeing @Flibblesan back on the scene offering fixes :')

Any update on getting that zip to work, anyone? :D

Ah well I might have a look myself: if I can even open the update scripts...

EDIT: I can open the updater-script (editpad) but not the update-binary.

The updater-script for @Frankish's theme makes more sense than the ROM update ones, to my small brain :D

ui_print("Frankish Magic in Progress.");
show_progress(0.500000, 0);
run_program("/sbin/mount", "/system");
ui_print("Copying files to system...");
package_extract_dir("system", "/system");
run_program("/sbin/umount", "/system");
show_progress(0.100000, 0);
ui_print("Your mod is ready...");
[/codebox]

So basically I do the same thing for mine but instead of mounting system and copying to system I mount data..(and copy the respective files, of course)

I think that may work but I'm not sure about the update binary, I'll probably have to generate that myself or something :o

Edited by Mushroom_Lord

Guest Zlee Vuk
Thanks, although most of the credit is to flibblesan :D

Don't have that myself, check your APN settings are correct and the right network is selected.

Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > GSM/UMTS Options > Access Point Names

Hope this helps.

I changed the settings but I still have problems with MMS. I forgot to mention that the problem arises when mobile data is not enabled, the MMS can not send or receive.

Guest TheManicGibbon
I'm not even joking this brought tears to my eyes seeing @Flibblesan back on the scene offering fixes :')

Any update on getting that zip to work, anyone? :D

Ah well I might have a look myself: if I can even open the update scripts...

Sorry; I have 2 exams this week so I'm a bit pre-occupied, but by next week I should have the Launcher pro update and Gen 2 cache fix implemented.

@Mushroom_Lord, I've uploaded the flashable ZIP i have. If you extract it and look in META-INF\com\google\android and open updater-script in Notepad, you can see that it's extracting the contents of the "System" folder in the zip to the system partition. The progress labels seem to be for a theme or something, perhaps flibblesan's Gingerbread addon for FLB, since I've just been using one script for flashing all my themes and stuff. Shouldn't be too hard to modify this. I'll have a look later if I have time :D

LP_GingerbreadSetup.zip

Guest TheManicGibbon
I changed the settings but I still have problems with MMS. I forgot to mention that the problem arises when mobile data is not enabled, the MMS can not send or receive.

Is the mobile data connection not used to download MMS? I seem to remember having a problem like that on an X10...

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Well it may be completely irrelevant but I think mobile data is required to download MMS because I remember on my tocco lite the "G(prs?)" used to flash (indicating mobile data transfer) when sending MMS (and probably also when receiving)

Guest Mushroom_Lord
Sorry; I have 2 exams this week so I'm a bit pre-occupied

No worries, I think I've got a few coming up actually, despite the fact I think I'm two years younger than you!

Guest Zlee Vuk
Is the mobile data connection not used to download MMS? I seem to remember having a problem like that on an X10...

I do not understand your question.

Guest TheManicGibbon
No worries, I think I've got a few coming up actually, despite the fact I think I'm two years younger than you!

Not sure how you worked that out :D

I do not understand your question.

I think that mobile data has to be enabled for MMS messages to download. If you enable mobile data and receive an MMS, the "G" in the notification bar will flash, indicating that your 3G connection is being used to download the image, or whatever media you've received.

Hope this helps.

Guest Zlee Vuk
Not sure how you worked that out :D

I think that mobile data has to be enabled for MMS messages to download. If you enable mobile data and receive an MMS, the "G" in the notification bar will flash, indicating that your 3G connection is being used to download the image, or whatever media you've received.

Hope this helps.

I have previously used the t-mobile hungary official 2.2, and it was not necessary to enable mobile data when I send or receive mms. Everything is done automatically. Swedish Spring RLS5 also does not have this issue.

CM7 has the same issue with mms like your ROM.

Another issue, exchenge can not be set...

Guest TheManicGibbon
I have previously used the t-mobile hungary official 2.2, and it was not necessary to enable mobile data when I send or receive mms. Everything is done automatically. Swedish Spring RLS5 also does not have this issue.

CM7 has the same issue with mms like your ROM.

Another issue, exchenge can not be set...

Hmm, I'm not sure then. Does it work when mobile data is enabled? I'm not sure about Exchange as I don't use that myself, perhaps someone else will be able to help with issues you're having with that :D

i'm assuming you are 15/16 (is that year12 in Scotland?)

That age would be 5th/6th year in Scotland. But I'd rather not say :D

Edited by TheManicGibbon

Guest Zlee Vuk
Hmm, I'm not sure then. Does it work when mobile data is enabled? I'm not sure about Exchange as I don't use that myself, perhaps someone else will be able to help with issues you're having with that :D

Yes, it works