[ROM][Gen1][Gen2] JGM Software GingerFLB

Guest TheManicGibbon

Guest Migun

I know this is a strange request, but does anyone know how to remove "bladewififix" ?

I tried going to "/system/app/com.bladewififix-1.apk" and delete the file, but I cannot delete it.

Because when using "bladewififix", "Regpon Wifi Keep alive" does not work properly :D

Edit: Resolved using Titanium Backup :D

Edited by Migun

Guest ManMetDeHamer

I tried this rom after having used swedish spring 5 for quite a while, but this rom just seems so much slower, so im back to ss

Guest Tior

I removed bladewififix too, because it sometimes connect to wifi when i have already turn wifi off. This means, that wifi is turned on and I dont know it, so it drains battery.

Guest Simon O
Has anyone managed to get a Fix that allows the google Listen app to work on an FLB ROM? It's the only thing I miss from SS, and I've never got it to work on any FLB rom (gen1 or 2, v5-11)

I never did manage to find what was causing the problem or even any fix :D

Guest aaroncarey
I never did manage to find what was causing the problem or even any fix :o

Ah no probs :D I've got Hapi podcast for now :D

Can anyone recommend any other podcasting apps similar to google listen?

Guest burstlam

here I provide 2 more Gen2 boot.img that heavily inspired by and comes from KK's kernel source, they work fine with fLB-R9B -R11B

remember to rename them to boot.img before u use it. All credits goes to FLB and KK. cheers!

KK OVERCLOCK OPTION WITH SMARTASS

http://hotfile.com/dl/120025326/0f893aa/boot-gen2.img.html

md5 : 4d6ed27de638410d6b877a0bf0ba7ffa

ADOPTED WITH AHB OVERCLOCK

http://hotfile.com/dl/120025055/c86aa28/bo...n2-AHB.img.html

MD5 : fad28603d7ca7efe69b94ec89b301fda

Guest daerragh

@up: I really appreciate the kernels. They are what I've been waiting for the JGMS-FLB. Could you make them flashable by clockworkmod?

[EDIT]

Please dont bother, I've flashed via fastboot :D . Thanks for the kernel. LauncherPro seems considerably smoother with LiveWallpaper enabled.

Edited by daerragh

Guest TheManicGibbon

Hi everyone, been away for a wee while and just checked back here. To be honest I'm amazed at the uptake and interest shown in this ROM; thanks a lot to everyone who has commented, added bits or downloaded.

Also, I feel slightly overwhelmed and a bit out my depth at some of the responses; there are clearly many more capable people than me on here, but I'm wanting to learn so will do my best to help people or try and fix bugs and things if I can. ;)

Cheers everyone.

Guest Simon O
Hi everyone, been away for a wee while and just checked back here. To be honest I'm amazed at the uptake and interest shown in this ROM; thanks a lot to everyone who has commented, added bits or downloaded.

Also, I feel slightly overwhelmed and a bit out my depth at some of the responses; there are clearly many more capable people than me on here, but I'm wanting to learn so will do my best to help people or try and fix bugs and things if I can. ;)

Cheers everyone.

I was like that at first. Keep at it and do what you are comfortable doing. A lot of people are willing to help you which is great too :P

Guest TheManicGibbon
I was like that at first. Keep at it and do what you are comfortable doing. A lot of people are willing to help you which is great too ;)

Yeah this is a really good place to get help :P

Assistant Admin, thats new? :D Nice one :D

Guest Simon O
Yeah this is a really good place to get help ;)

Assistant Admin, thats new? :P Nice one :D

lol. I didn't set that name.. Paul probably set it :D

I've not had a chance to debug the root issue yet. Will try and do so over the next few days.

Guest TheManicGibbon
I really like this ROM, thanks!

Thanks! :P

lol. I didn't set that name.. Paul probably set it :D

I've not had a chance to debug the root issue yet. Will try and do so over the next few days.

That'll be good, cheers ;)

Guest Noramas

Unfortunately, the same problem as with original Froyo. Installed this ROM and noticed that when connected via wifi the speed always averages around 800-900kbps. On the original ROM it was always around 8000-10000kbps from my router. Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9, Modaco and other doesn't have this problem. Please do not complain on my router- all Froyo and mods do the same- slow wifi speed. Try with SpeedTest

I haven't seen anyone else mention with quirk with this ROM. Can somebody fix or explain this problem?

Edited by Noramas

Guest TheManicGibbon
Unfortunately, the same problem as with original Froyo. Installed this ROM and noticed that when connected via wifi the speed always averages around 800-900kbps. On the original ROM it was always around 8000-10000kbps from my router. Japanese_Jellyfish_RLS9, Modaco and other doesn't have this problem. Please do not complain on my router- all Froyo and mods do the same- slow wifi speed. Try with SpeedTest

I haven't seen anyone else mention with quirk with this ROM. Can somebody fix or explain this problem?

I've never even checked this; now you mention it my Wi-Fi does seem a bit slow; I'll check for you.

weh de rom deh man?

Sorry, what? ;)

Guest TheManicGibbon
Thanks, man!

Not sure if this is what you mean or not, but I have discovered a worrying discrepancy;

-Speedtest on my phone gives me download of 540kbps and upload of 789kbps

-Speedtest on my desktop PC gives me download of 3.41Mbps and upload of 0.85Mbps

Both done on home wifi network at the same time (not exactly but you get my drift), using the Speedtest.net app and speedtest.net.

Is this what you were referring to?

Guest Pondlife

Odd that the uploads are fairly similar. Odder that your download is slower than upload too. Does the desktop have wireless n and the router come to think of it

Guest TheManicGibbon
Odd that the uploads are fairly similar. Odder that your download is slower than upload too. Does the desktop have wireless n and the router come to think of it

Yeah the router is a HomeHub, with b/g/n mode i think...I've never seen any other router like this, put it that way ;) and the desktop has wireless n.

Guest Noramas
Not sure if this is what you mean or not, but I have discovered a worrying discrepancy;

-Speedtest on my phone gives me download of 540kbps and upload of 789kbps

-Speedtest on my desktop PC gives me download of 3.41Mbps and upload of 0.85Mbps

Both done on home wifi network at the same time (not exactly but you get my drift), using the Speedtest.net app and speedtest.net.

Is this what you were referring to?

It's what exactly. I'm saying. My internet speed is something about 60-80 Mbps, I can get something about 14-16 Mbps using wifi and any other ROM- not Froyo. With Froyo my speed is comparible with yours. I'ts definitely Froyo bug and slow speed is really noticeable on big file download as maps or torrents. Only strange why people still doesn't recognized it as problem

Guest ricardopvz
It's what exactly. I'm saying. My internet speed is something about 60-80 Mbps, I can get something about 14-16 Mbps using wifi and any other ROM- not Froyo. With Froyo my speed is comparible with yours. I'ts definitely Froyo bug and slow speed is really noticeable on big file download as maps or torrents. Only strange why people still doesn't recognized it as problem

That does not happen in all froyo roms. SS does not have that problem for example.

Guest TheManicGibbon

Lucky you having a connection that fast anyway! ;)

It's strange how I never even noticed it until you mentioned it!

Guest TheManicGibbon

Hi everyone!

Version 2 is coming, just a small update with some updated apps and such, possibly some theme refinements, and I'm also working on the slow Wi-Fi problem. To more experienced users I ask this; which Gen2 kernel/boot image should I integrate into the ROM? burstlam's seems to solve some problems for people so I was thinking about making that the default? Opinions from more experienced devs? Cheers!

Edited by TheManicGibbon

Guest sansei

Just joined the forums.

But had been reading for some time after i managed a UK San Fransisco / Dell Xcd 35 last month

Its Gen 1 , Flb r10 version.

Still learning Android,

Will start experimenting new versions as a consumer ( newbie) once i get comfortable with the green man.

Have to go to abbrevations / glossory every time i read some thing new.

Frankly, get a feeling of FREEDOM when i use this android. ;)

Hope the goodies continue for some more time, and members dont feel pestered with repetative and basic questions.

Keep the good work people :P