U8800: What is special?

Guest Schejtan

Guest Schejtan

hey guys,

i just saw the forum for this device. at the moment i am usinng my zte blade.

i am now wondering what is special about the u8800? why do you like it? the price is not as great as it was für the blade.

are there any major advantages of the phone? not compared to the blade but also to other ones on the market. what maybe a highlight is the support of flash?

why shall i buy it ? :D

Guest Keynun

Flash, Camera LED, Camera, CPU (1.5-1.8ghz do-able), graphics card (Same as the desire), quality? (I think), multi-touch... I'll try to think of more :x

Guest brdnacer

smooth, works really great, although the camera is a bit let down, flash is also not the best one i have ever seen, but everything else is really great. wouldn't exchange it

Guest That-Guy

Erm, compared to the blade....

- Bigger Screen

- Adobe Flash Support

- Better Build Quality

- Wireless N

- 5mp Camera

- 720p Video Recording

- LED Flash

- More Internal Memory

- Faster CPU 800mhz

- Better Graphics Card

- Multi Touch

Also easy to mod as nothing is locked down (bootloader etc)

Worth £179 in my opinion :D

Edited by That-Guy

Guest Kthulhu
Erm, compared to the blade....

Also easy to mod as nothing is locked down (bootloader etc)

Worth £179 in my opinion :D

...mmm I do not know..you can get a galaxy S for £210 these days...or a Defy for much more less.

My point is that £179 is not super-cheap..unless the performance of the phone is really really good in all aspects.

Edited by Kthulhu

Guest Bibbly
...mmm I do not know..you can get a galaxy S for £210 these days...or a Defy for much more less.

Links? I can't find those new, so cheap.

Guest Kthulhu

Hi, That-guy, Paul , Flb...and other new owners of the U8800:

How is the battery life compared to other android phones?

and phone call quality?

I am asking these questions, because my great disapointing with the Blade are these factors. The Blade is a superb smartphone for its price in my opinion but just an mediocre phone.

Guest That-Guy
Hi, That-guy, Paul , Flb...and other new owners of the U8800:

How is the battery life compared to other android phones?

and phone call quality?

I am asking these questions, because my great disapointing with the Blade are these factors. The Blade is a superb smartphone for its price in my opinion but just an mediocre phone.

As a previous blade user I would say battery life is about the same but call quality seems better :D

Build quality is also allot better :D

Guest Cirno

Just as stated.

I owned a ZTE blade before I loved it.

So now I got a Ideos X5, as far I see the battery life is great with stock rom, better than Blade.

My screen seems more vibrant than blade. Also faster CPU/GPU plus more storage memory.

I like it cost me 255 €, as in sweden we have high taxes...So yeah I love it, only downside is less community :-)

But I hope to soon see more as X6 will come out and then X5 will be lower priced.

Guest That-Guy
Just as stated.

I owned a ZTE blade before I loved it.

So now I got a Ideos X5, as far I see the battery life is great with stock rom, better than Blade.

My screen seems more vibrant than blade. Also faster CPU/GPU plus more storage memory.

I like it cost me 255 €, as in sweden we have high taxes...So yeah I love it, only downside is less community :-)

But I hope to soon see more as X6 will come out and then X5 will be lower priced.

Yeah the smaller community is a down point, but as you say hopefully over time it will be just as big as the Blades :D