[Boot Animation] X10 BIOS-style Boot Animation

Guest PhrozenFear

Guest SirJohnFalstaff
Well, did not work, tried several times but always end up with only a black screen. :D

I had the same problem but solved it by changing the resolution of the pictures to 480x854 :D

Here is the changed file for stock 2.1: http://android.modaco.com/content/sony-eri...boot-animation/

I have btw only done a canvas resize so the text that was at the bottom now is 54 pixels above it but I will change that as soon as possible!

Edited by SirJohnFalstaff

Guest Blaven
I had the same problem but solved it by changing the resolution of the pictures to 480x854 :o

Here is the changed file for stock 2.1: download

I have btw only done a canvas resize so the text that was at the bottom now is 54 pixels above it but I will change that as soon as possible!

Good.

Hope this solves my problem aswell.

Only I don't need the stock rom boot, but the Wolf rom boot. :D

Now that you've found a way to solve this, Phrozen will probably update his boots. (As he also needs to correct a typo :D).

Guest SirJohnFalstaff
Good.

Hope this solves my problem aswell.

Only I don't need the stock rom boot, but the Wolf rom boot. :D

Now that you've found a way to solve this, Phrozen will probably update his boots. (As he also needs to correct a typo :().

I see the Wolfbreak download is the same as the stock one so your problem should also be fixed :D. The Snaptragon typo is still there but I have updated the images in the download so that the footer is shown at the bottom!

After replacing the file you btw do need to change the file permissions otherwise it still will not show :o

Guest Blaven
I see the Wolfbreak download is the same as the stock one so your problem should also be fixed :D. The Snaptragon typo is still there but I have updated the images in the download so that the footer is shown at the bottom!

After replacing the file you btw do need to change the file permissions otherwise it still will not show :D

Well, they're not the same since at the stock rom says booting stock and the Wolf rom says booting CyanogenMod 6.1.3. :o

But my phone is stuck atm while trying to work on my own project. :(

Guest SirJohnFalstaff
Well, they're not the same since at the stock rom says booting stock and the Wolf rom says booting CyanogenMod 6.1.3. :D

But my phone is stuck atm while trying to work on my own project. :(

I did not notice that difference :D

Here is the file for Wolfbreak: http://android.modaco.com/content/sony-eri...boot-animation/ :o

Guest Blaven
I did not notice that difference :D

Here is the file for Wolfbreak: download :D

Woah, tyvm!

Now I'm finally able to use Phrozen's boot. :o

Only a shame I messed up my own project and don't have the arc launcher anymore. :(

Sigh.. Just as everything was becoming perfect..

Edited by Blaven

Guest PhrozenFear

The X10 actually stretches the files out automatically, as it's part of the base X10-firmware, so they don't all have to be correctly-sized. The original sources I was working on were 480x800, and it stretched them up to 480x854 and you really couldn't tell the difference. I just made it 480x800 because that's what I had to originally work with.

And yes, I will be fixing this issue with all of them (thanks again for pointing out that flaw - I had forgotten about the permissions issue, since it never was a problem with the FreeX10 when I used it.

I will be updating the initial posting in the next couple days (when things free up), and will be fixing all of my errors (at least, the ones I've found so far, or had reported to me).

Updates to be done:

• Adding a version for FreeX10, for the X10i (also gonna drop the -beta4 from the X10a version, so it can work with all versions of FreeX10
  • Updating the Jerpelea's editions to say CyanogenMod 7 (and not be specific to 7.0.3)
  • Fixing the typo across all of the versions, so that it says Snapdragon, not Snaptragon
  • Fixing the resolution completely for all of them, so the images are the right size all-around.
  • Adjusting the desc.txt framerates down a bit, because I'm finding it boots too fast on those MiUI versions.
  • Adding in more frames in between so you can actually read what's going on throughout the boot animation.

So, if you guys are patient, hopefully by Tuesday or Wednesday you should have yourselves some updates to this thread. And by updates, I mean completely redone ZIP packages.

Edited by PhrozenFear

Guest PhrozenFear
This is pretty awesome bro. :thumbup:

So nostalgic!

X10i Iris is 404 though :s

Fixed the link. I forgot I had changed the name of the file during the last set of mods. That's since been fixed.

Guest Anant Shrivastava

can you make a BootAnimation for [MOD/ROM]scamble_v01.3[CM6.1.3] - by rendeiro2005 : http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1015765

i know by default it doesn't support Bootanimation but after installing this zip it will start supporting

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.p...p;postcount=653

I would love to see Bootanimation correctly for scamble.

Guest PhrozenFear

I will definitely add it to the list. Unfortunately two jobs jumped up and bit me today, so I'll be changing my timeline to Thursday or Friday. *grumbles* Stupid work... Interfering with my fun stuff.

Doesn't help that I might have to completely re-do about 7 of my animations.... the image files are all out of alignment, and just not working like they should. I'm not happy with it, so I won't be releasing it, ya know ?

Guest SirJohnFalstaff
I will definitely add it to the list. Unfortunately two jobs jumped up and bit me today, so I'll be changing my timeline to Thursday or Friday. *grumbles* Stupid work... Interfering with my fun stuff.

Doesn't help that I might have to completely re-do about 7 of my animations.... the image files are all out of alignment, and just not working like they should. I'm not happy with it, so I won't be releasing it, ya know ?

Given the amount of work needed for all seperate versions, wouldn't it be simpler to just make 3 versions:

- Booting 2.1

- Booting 2.2

- Booting 2.3.4

It might be nice to show the exact version but with all the builds and versions that's just undo-able.

Guest PhrozenFear

It would be, yes, but I think people like the added customizability. Plus, doesn't it make you feel more like a real BIOS when it "detects" the proper version ?

I'll add just a generic set to my list. As I said, got a few things going for work in the last few days that I wasn't expecting, so my timetable for this got pushed back a little further. I will be maintaining and updating these, all of them, like I originally promised people. It's just going to take me a little bit of time.

Guest SirJohnFalstaff
It would be, yes, but I think people like the added customizability. Plus, doesn't it make you feel more like a real BIOS when it "detects" the proper version ?

A pc bios does not show which os is being started so technicaly that information should neither be given in the animation ;)

example:

Enter_bios_setup.gif

info_on_bios2.JPG

Maybe the last part of the animation is a good place to show the OS version information (below the finished ascii droid).

Guest PhrozenFear

I have since updated this with all the new fandangled things I could, so all of my links (SHOULD) be working, all of them updated, new, fancy, and amazing.

Oh, and I added a bunch of new ones, a lot of tweaks, and TYPO CORRRECTIONS !!!! *proud*

So, feel free to give them all a whirl, folks, and report any findings / problems / typos / etc back if / when you could, please please please and thank you.

Edited by PhrozenFear

Guest JackSharing

tested work on Trip's Iris 1.6.5 - x10i

just:

1) Sony Ericsson logo show longer time than before

2) Android wording never complete showing

Nice job tho!

Guest PhrozenFear

@SirJohnFalstaff,

Thanks for the typo point-out. It's unfortunately on ALL of them (like the old Snaptragon). *grumbles* I knew I should have had more caffeine before working on this...

New updates to come in the next couple days. Got that work thing to do.

Guest PhrozenFear

Okay, done that most recent round of typo-fixes. All of the links should be updated in the OP, so feel free to give 'em a try, and please report any new findings.

I'll update the demo GIF later, when I'm back on my computer that has Flash on it... too much hassle to RDP back home to fix that, lol.

Guest PhrozenFear
tested work on Trip's Iris 1.6.5 - x10i

just:

1) Sony Ericsson logo show longer time than before

2) Android wording never complete showing

Nice job tho!

Give it a few reboots, and things should speed up. The first few times, it works on trying to cache the images, so it'll be slow. But once they're cached properly, the boot should complete on time. It's a standard thing with any phone OS.

@MyLovelyHorse

You're welcome. Thanks again for the support and appreciation. =)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest PhrozenFear

Okay, so Dropbox decided to be evil and say they can derive works from what's hosted there, so I decided to re-host them somewhere else. Thus I have had all my links updated, to the new host they're at, and updated the post here to show them.

The preview animation will be updated when I have a few moments of free time, not quite sure when that'll be. Hopefully some day at work this week, but who knows. Supposed to be busy this week.

Please, let me know if things aren't working, or need updating, or anything else that isn't right, so I can fix it and get it updated for everyone.

• 3 months later...
Guest PhrozenFear

MAJOR UPDATES TO THIS !!!!

First and foremost, FLASHABLE ZIP FILES !!!! Yes, that's right ! I finally got off my duff and made FLASHABLE (via XRec or CWM !!!) zip files for these.

I also have updated them to include more of the relevant ROM's, as opposed to a bunch of older, outdated kinds. So that means, you'll see FXP versions, Custom MiUI (as it's called for the moment, until people ask for specific ones), T.E.A.M. ROM, and Wolfbreak's Xperia TW ! Not to mention original Stock and TripNMiUI.

So, have at them, try them out, let me know where I done screwed up, and give me some feedback, please !