[Project] "TripNDroid-Iris" [30-05 - Development stage]

Guest TripNRaVeR

Guest TripNRaVeR

I have an question for the designers, builders, dev'rs, modders out there. I was thinking of rebuilding my MIUI rom totally. So redifining the whole OS including UI interface etc, basicly what MIUI has done with CM is what I like to do with MIUI. Is it possible to do something like that? (totally change UI) I mean in a big way, so new design of the menu's etc. TripNFeatures like CM settings and more. That way it will look and feel as a totally new OS for Android. Its just an idea what i would like to discuss here with some reasonable people now there are no rom bashers here.

I think if WE can pull this off we would have an revolution in "Android world"

- Is there anybody good in design / graphics / layout?

i would like someone to create a preview, just an image no real building, just an image of his/here idea of what this OS could look like

Also i would like some input from anyone here, no bullshit about credits, just some "freeweeling" talk about this subject, we will see where it ends

Please input to make this topic on the go!

Development stage, first round

Projectname: ?

Codename: "TripNDroid-Iris"

User input: ?

Guest Neel007

One idea... [m not a dev btw]

We can put multitasking feature like what VISUAL TASK SWITCHER provides....

It can be initiated by long press back key like they did in upcoming Windows 7 Mango...

where we can close any running application or switch... may be we can add some close,force close features with some good UI....

I hope it will be possible...

Edited by Neel007

Guest brainz

THIS IS A SUPERB IDEA..... I would love if some designers here could come up with some UI concept themes to help get trip started on some base.... very nice idea bro... :D :D

Guest Neel007
hello Trip ...

you have always good ideas ....

I'd love to see a mix of these three interfaces .....

What do you think?

1. TAT HOME -

# t = 50

2. KITE UI -

# t = 44

3. HEARD UI - http://vimeo.com/18979345

I found TAT home , more beautiful thn MIUI... nice ideas

Guest dogwoofer
hello Trip ...

you have always good ideas ....

I'd love to see a mix of these three interfaces .....

What do you think?

1. TAT HOME -

# t = 50

2. KITE UI -

# t = 44

3. HEARD UI - http://vimeo.com/18979345

I really like the Sentio UI (last link)

I could make a quick mock-up on photoshop, wouldn't really be able to help much in the development side of things - would not have a clue where to start :D

Guest TripNRaVeR
I really like the Sentio UI (last link)

I could make a quick mock-up on photoshop, wouldn't really be able to help much in the development side of things - would not have a clue where to start :D

Well the same way as creating an MIUI theme but then all the images changing. That way we could come quite far, then just change layout settings in the app. Thats how i think it needs to be done at first place.

Guest Realorasz

This seems like a really good idea. I'd love to help, too, but I'm not good for much. The best I've done is modify some of the ARC theme into a theme that I made(RealBlueOrange)

One idea I had was that maybe in settings menus you could try at something similar to how the iPhone goes from page to page in lists and sub-lists.

Another is that checkboxes could be like a square that when checked has some kind of mechanism come out from behind the page and plug into the square. IT could come from off screen too.

Under here I'll randomly edit my post as i come up with possibilities that I think would be pretty neat.

Of course everyone likes the GB screen off/on animation- but what about changing it up a bit? Make it look like a hologram from some sci fi show or take SE's animation for pop up windows and use that kind of thing. That one would be the simultaneous fade/shrink.

One feature I like about standard Android(CM too, anything not Miui or <eclair) is 'sliding' notifications out of the pulldown to mark them read one at a time.

I'm absolutely sure you'll be working towards your true-color in it, so no need to mention that..

On the usb mount screen, perhaps, when mounting, have the phone's picture when not mounted, and an sd card symbol when mounted. This would preferably have a fade animation.

Guest MrAndroid

NICE idea Trip, you are the best

I am willing to help too.

i have some Photoshop and illustrator skills, but at the moment i am very busy, so I cant create a concept.

Guest Reintjee

Great Idea!

I'm waiting for a CM 7 rom with all the hacks and tweaks forum TripNMiUI since the first release of CM 7.

I love CM 7 GB and everything (theme choosing, CM settings), so I realy hope you could make such a thing!

Edited by Reintjee

Guest MrAndroid

Only a little Idea, it could be a logo or splash, but I would like something in this direction.

Comments welcome!

post-893112-1306782650_thumb.png

Edited by MrAndroid

Guest sam_thekiller

Idea is just a mixup of some Famous concepts and ui

Lockscreen

Sense 3.0 type lockscreen

4 or 5 selective widgets for lockscreen

and sense like app selectivity

UI

Bascilally I want to prefare Santio UI {Just Beacause Of Its apps Ideas like Music app or Contacts}

If we talk about launcher then Simple Super Fast Launcher Flaxibilty Of Some Nyce Widgets Like TATHome

Multitask switcher like Playbook or we can say Hp web Os type {I think HP web os type is better cause we don't have to make it too heavy]

Extra And My Favorite Thing

Weather Animation Like HTC HD2 Windows Mobile sense

I know ma english Too Bad

But I think You Can Understand this

Cheers

SAM

Guest Lauri455

My idea for lockscreen:

Wheel interface!

FliBc.png

Deal is:

• Move the padlock out of the wheel to unlock,

• Rotate any icon 90­­° around the wheel (Phone, Messaging, Sound, Airplane mode) to activate it (phone = go to missed calls/phone book; messaging = read new messages; airplane mode = toggle on/off; sound = toggle sound/vibrate only/silent),

• Double tap the locker to enable music widget (no graphics, I'm too lazy etc.),

• Tap date to launch Calendar,

• Tap time to launch Alarms,

• There also could be battery percentage indicator, or something (again, too lazy)

• Whole wheel would be modifiable, ie. replace airplane mode with 'data over cellular network' toggle

That's it from me, hope you like it :D

Edited by Lauri455

Guest Neel007
My idea for lockscreen

That's it from me, hope you like it :D

Good idea, :D

but as it is a lockscreen

will open it accidentally sometimes....Instead we can move padlock to calendar or alarm

Edited by Neel007

Guest kr3g3r

im ALL FOR THIS idea!!!

i would love to help in any way.......even if its just a little input, but would definitely LOVE to be a part of this

Guest dogwoofer

I'm all for multi-app launching lockscreens, but for me at least tap-to-anything is a big no no.

As much as i love it, the MIUI lockscreen is a nightmare in my pocket - music starts playing, incomprehensible text messages sent to contacts, the emergency services being called :D - and thats with a slider, i dread to think what would happen with a tap interface!

I think the best thing for a lockscreen are visual prompted gestures that make it highly unlikely for the phone to be unlocked in your pocket :D

Guest ZePhantom
im ALL FOR THIS idea!!!

i would love to help in any way.......even if its just a little input, but would definitely LOVE to be a part of this

Your IC3 theme was amazing.

If you can work with Trip on the visuals on this, it will be one hell of a great looking ROM.

Guest Sniperbag
I'm all for multi-app launching lockscreens, but for me at least tap-to-anything is a big no no.

As much as i love it, the MIUI lockscreen is a nightmare in my pocket - music starts playing, incomprehensible text messages sent to contacts, the emergency services being called :D - and thats with a slider, i dread to think what would happen with a tap interface!

I think the best thing for a lockscreen are visual prompted gestures that make it highly unlikely for the phone to be unlocked in your pocket :D

You always have the option to set an individual lockscreen pattern á la connect the dots. (like in the original Roms)

Guest dogwoofer
You always have the option to set an individual lockscreen pattern á la connect the dots. (like in the original Roms)

Yes, but that means it takes 3-4 seconds more to unlock your screen, which becomes a pain in the bottom very quickly :D

Guest Realorasz

I had another idea. The lockscreen could have the old radial dial phone kinda feel to it. i.e. full circle was for unlock, half for phone, 3/4 for sms, etc. IF i can get my PS skills going I'll make a visual.

Guest gogogu
I had another idea. The lockscreen could have the old radial dial phone kinda feel to it. i.e. full circle was for unlock, half for phone, 3/4 for sms, etc. IF i can get my PS skills going I'll make a visual.

I actually quite like this idea!! 1 vote