New wifi driver

Guest wbaw

Guest Kthulhu

I flashed over "JGM Software GingerFLB" (GEN1-OLED San Fran) and wifi did not wrok at all! :D

Does it work/improves anything on "JGM Software GingerFLB"?

Guest targetbsp
I flashed over "JGM Software GingerFLB" (GEN1-OLED San Fran) and wifi did not wrok at all! :D

Does it work/improves anything on "JGM Software GingerFLB"?

Someone said earlier in this thread that it doesn't work on FLB.

Guest anewman

This update kills wifi entirely on CM7 nightly 88. If it is simply added without other changes I suspect there will be a lot of disappointed people.

Guest Decadence
This update kills wifi entirely on CM7 nightly 88. If it is simply added without other changes I suspect there will be a lot of disappointed people.

I'm running n88. Is there anyway to get rid of this wifi "fix"?

Guest anewman
I'm running n88. Is there anyway to get rid of this wifi "fix"?

Nandroid backup using backup option in Clockwork Mod before applying the fix, then restore the backup. Or just apply the nightly 88 update again.

Guest Decadence
Nandroid backup using backup option in Clockwork Mod before applying the fix, then restore the backup. Or just apply the nightly 88 update again.

Just reinstall the ROM without wiping anything?

My apologies, I thought this fix was built into n88.

Guest Undefined_ID

Driver works like a charm (CM7 N39 GEN1). I wiped /cache to be sure.

Now, wifi turns on faster than ever! :D

Thank you wbaw!

Edited by Undefined_ID

Guest wbaw
Perhaps another read of kk's tome would reveal more to you than you appear to have gleaned. Seems you are expert on all things Atheros?

You could try not to be too overtly abrasive, given your candour...

I never claimed to be an expert. I don't need to be an expert on anything to copy a few files from a stock rom that was built later than any swedish spring release. I know that Kallt is not a time traveller. Now please, stop making stuff up & posting nonsense in my thread.

Here is the proof that Kallt can't actually travel into the future... and also that he didn't change the wifi driver in ss rls5 from the stock rom that he used.

SS rls5 (released 19/4)

a3981dd37f1bd3d2b0b2ba54facf3489 ar6000.ko 298007 bytes

TeliaSonera (Build date 11/3)

a3981dd37f1bd3d2b0b2ba54facf3489 ar6000.ko 298007 bytes

China Unicom (this one - build date: 26/4)

02f9cc5aeec2b494268b36a74240b695 ar6000.ko 297679 bytes

He did actually use a different wifi driver for ss rls4, but not the one in this thread, it wouldn't be at all possible, because the China Unicom stock rom was built weeks after he released his rom.

dd5b10a578f5d064bbee580244ed25ee ar6000.ko 297843 bytes

Edited by wbaw

Guest sumdumguy

Afaik this driver is used with the latest Portaguese Spring rom, and i find the wifi keeps turning itself off when used with advanced wifi lock.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest dmeireles

Using CM7.0.3 on a GEN2 converted Blade. With this driver I am not able to connect to 802.1x EAP networks anymore. Anyone facing the same problem?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TimSmall

No better with a Thompson Speedtouch 780 - never reconnects on wake.

Did you have any more info on the opensoure driver for this chip - getting that working right would be better than swallowing this crappy closed source driver (which may well be illegal to redistribute anyway)!

Tim.