5 replies to this topic

darkworldzz

darkworldzz

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Devices:omnia 2
hi all, i just switched from my omnia2 to galaxy S today. so i realize with all samsung phones, touchwiz is really bad but not as bad as on the i8000.. so is there anyway to disable it without flashing?? would it be as simple as downloading say adw launcher and set it as the home ui??

and how about rooting the phone? will it void the warranty?? sorry i am still new to android and has been using wm for the past two years :D

Thanks in advance!!

Rina Nagasaki!!

hennerzg

hennerzg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

hi all, i just switched from my omnia2 to galaxy S today. so i realize with all samsung phones, touchwiz is really bad but not as bad as on the i8000.. so is there anyway to disable it without flashing?? would it be as simple as downloading say adw launcher and set it as the home ui??

and how about rooting the phone? will it void the warranty?? sorry i am still new to android and has been using wm for the past two years :D

Thanks in advance!!

No root needed. Just download a new launcher from the Market. I prefer LaucherPro... but Gingerbread Launcher free is pretty good (simple and responsive).

You won't be able to get away from using the touchwiz dialler however. Unless someone would like to correct me.

Gary Crutcher

Gary Crutcher

Developer/Integrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II / Galaxy S III

Thanks in advance!!

If you want to use something like Titanium Backup - which I recommend - you need to root your phone.
It's a free program and is great for backing up user programs/data.

You can use this link for rooting ChainFire rooting.
Just download the one for the rom version you are using. Use odin to flash it. It provides some enhancements such as CWM.

Omnia I900 (Khuanchai custom ROM 21928/23016)
Omnia II (My Own JH2/23689 Lite Custom Rom)
Galaxy S III 16 GB (ZSEMI1 ROM, Siyah-s3-v1.9 kernel)

Note 3 (N900, Rooted, Unlocked, KitKat)
Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) (Rooted, my own custom KitKat ROM)
-----------------------------------------------------------
If you like my work, Donations Happily Accepted.
>>>Donation Link<<<

darkworldzz

darkworldzz

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

If you want to use something like Titanium Backup - which I recommend - you need to root your phone.
It's a free program and is great for backing up user programs/data.

You can use this link for rooting ChainFire rooting.
Just download the one for the rom version you are using. Use odin to flash it. It provides some enhancements such as CWM.

thanks.. just rooted it.. last question can i flash another kernel over the chainfire root? say the voodoo lagfix. the thread by chainfire seem so complicated, i dont even know the kernel i used has the clockwork mod..

Edited by darkworldzz, 02 June 2011 - 01:48 PM.

Rina Nagasaki!!

Gary Crutcher

Gary Crutcher

Developer/Integrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  • Devices:Omnia II / Galaxy S III

thanks.. just rooted it.. last question can i flash another kernel over the chainfire root? say the voodoo lagfix. the thread by chainfire seem so complicated, i dont even know the kernel i used has the clockwork mod..

Yes, you can flash another kernel over the CF kernel.

When in recovery mode, at the top it will say ClockworkMod Recovery vx.x.x, if you have CWM installed.
The chainfire root should include CWM. If you flash another kernel you will lose CWM unless the new kernel
you flash has it.

Omnia I900 (Khuanchai custom ROM 21928/23016)
Omnia II (My Own JH2/23689 Lite Custom Rom)
Galaxy S III 16 GB (ZSEMI1 ROM, Siyah-s3-v1.9 kernel)

Note 3 (N900, Rooted, Unlocked, KitKat)
Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014) (Rooted, my own custom KitKat ROM)
-----------------------------------------------------------
If you like my work, Donations Happily Accepted.
>>>Donation Link<<<

darkworldzz

darkworldzz

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts

Yes, you can flash another kernel over the CF kernel.

When in recovery mode, at the top it will say ClockworkMod Recovery vx.x.x, if you have CWM installed.
The chainfire root should include CWM. If you flash another kernel you will lose CWM unless the new kernel
you flash has it.

thanks that make it much more easier to understand. ^^

Rina Nagasaki!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users