PJ77

PJ77

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ideos X5 (U8800)

PJ77, Muito obrigado! :)

Can you recommend a way to backup up my ROM after rooting? Just in case someone wants to have a look at it, or I wish to go back to stock after experimenting with alternatives.

I wouldn't worry about that.
You being Portuguese I assume in case of need you will want the TMN stock rom, yes?
You can download it from here:
http://www.huaweidev...&softid=Mzk1MzM=

But if you need to send your device for assistance or something any stock rom is valid, dont need to be that specific one and there are newer versions of stock rom ;)

Qsdke

Qsdke

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ixeos X5 U8800

This page seems to have good info! But I don't have the basic knowledge to understand it. Maybe you can add an shot explanation to what everything does: Example
'ClockWorkMod' -> is this to install custom-roms? Or does it also allow backups to be taken.
Also the link in the original post to 'ClockWorkMod', leads to a page 'Perfect Recovery 4.0.0.5'. Is this the same application (because the names don't match in any way)?
Do you need to root your phone to install this

If anyone has good link for noobs who just bought this phone as his first smartphone? To give me background to understand this page better :)

Thanks,
Tom

Huawei Ideos X5 U8880 - Stock ROM - not rooted
Android: 2.2.1 - Kernel: 2.6.32.9-perf - Build: U8800V100R001C00B135SP01

PJ77

PJ77

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

This page seems to have good info! But I don't have the basic knowledge to understand it. Maybe you can add an shot explanation to what everything does: Example
'ClockWorkMod' -> is this to install custom-roms? Or does it also allow backups to be taken.
Also the link in the original post to 'ClockWorkMod', leads to a page 'Perfect Recovery 4.0.0.5'. Is this the same application (because the names don't match in any way)?
Do you need to root your phone to install this

If anyone has good link for noobs who just bought this phone as his first smartphone? To give me background to understand this page better :)

Thanks,
Tom

Yes, Clockworkmod (CWM) is used to install custom roms and also for backups and restores.

If you want to install the CWM I suggest the new versions. Read here:
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1229326

To install the CWM you need first to root your phone.
I advise Super1click (http://www.multiupload.com/KIELHSVIPG)

NOTE that first thing to do is to root the phone, ok?
You can root and install CWM and keep your stock rom. What this does is leave the door open for future alterations, installing roms, etc.

Read the tutorial that is very well written and explained and if you have any doubts just ask ;)

Pelemane

Pelemane

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade & Huawei U8800

Yes, Clockworkmod (CWM) is used to install custom roms and also for backups and restores.

If you want to install the CWM I suggest the new versions. Read here:
http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1229326

To install the CWM you need first to root your phone.
I advise Super1click (http://www.multiupload.com/KIELHSVIPG)

NOTE that first thing to do is to root the phone, ok?
You can root and install CWM and keep your stock rom. What this does is leave the door open for future alterations, installing roms, etc.

Read the tutorial that is very well written and explained and if you have any doubts just ask ;)

You don't need to root before installing CWM. Just install CWM and install custom ROM with it and everything is fine.
And this is newest CWM, not the one you linked.

PJ77

PJ77

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
If you at least read that thread you won't come here saying the opposite of me and misleading those who want to learn. That new recovery is still experimental and only works well with MIUI room. Don't even work with ffranco's kernels.
The correct way of doing for beginners was as I said. Don't lead people that have no experience into middle of instable procedures ok? my way is the right way, but each one does the way he chooses.

Yuz

Yuz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Huawei X5
Hi,

I have a prob after re-partition the memory. Seems that all the apps run on my memory card instead of run from phone memory. Now, my phone memory is empty with only file is LOST.DIR. May i know how to fix this?

Thanks

Edited by Yuz, 05 October 2011 - 06:46 AM.

torpingen

torpingen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Huawei u8800
Hello!

I have a huawei u8800, that i want to root, but i can't download superboot, when i'm trying i get a error message in my browser? is the link down or have someone removed the root?

That-Guy

That-Guy

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Hello!

I have a huawei u8800, that i want to root, but i can't download superboot, when i'm trying i get a error message in my browser? is the link down or have someone removed the root?

Use this app to ROOT your phone: http://www.multiupload.com/KIELHSVIPG

It was posted by PJ77 above :)

Huawei U8800 / Ideos X5 - Rooted & Unlocked
Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery 5.5.0.4 | Rom: Android 2.3.5 - Official Huawei Final Release
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 (un-modified) | Partitions: Stock Partition Layout

....:::: Ultimate Guide to the Huawei U8800 ::::....
Rooting | Custom ROMs | ClockworkMod | Themes | Other Hacks & Tweaks

[U8800] [How To] Root, Install ClockworkMod + Remove Bundled Apps from Official 2.3.5

Posted Image

WEBSITE - TWITTER - GOOGLE+ - BLOG

Jacky444

Jacky444

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Devices:Huawai Ideos X5 (U8800)
Hello all !

Im new to forums, proud new user of U8800.

I've got an question. I've purchased Ideos few days ago and i've got some quality issues with mic, Im wondering if there is already any fix about it ? (i've read alot on forums and didnt rly found an working solution).

And another, when installing custom firmware/roms is there a way to preserve warranty ?
I've got 2 years warranty which i wouldnt like to lose due custom rom instaling. So I'd love to see some kind of backup possibility so before i get phone to repairs (in case it breaks) i can recover original firmware (B135 installed).

Best Regards !

That-Guy

That-Guy

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
I use MIUI and they seem to have tweaked both the Mic and Speaker. It the sound seems allot better than the Stock ROM.

You can backup the Stock ROM using ClockworkMod so if you need to send your phone back you can restore the backup first :)

Hope this helps!

Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery 5.5.0.4 | Rom: Android 2.3.5 - Official Huawei Final Release

[U8800] [How To] Root, Install ClockworkMod + Remove Bundled Apps from Official 2.3.5

Posted Image

Jacky444

Jacky444

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

I use MIUI and they seem to have tweaked both the Mic and Speaker. It the sound seems allot better than the Stock ROM.

You can backup the Stock ROM using ClockworkMod so if you need to send your phone back you can restore the backup first :)

Hope this helps!

Thank you very much :).

Though a hour ago (before i've got to read you're post) i've managed to backup using clock :P and installed CM7 and im really impressed by it. Also mic seems to work better (more clear sound).
I'm staying on this one now :). I hope the minor bugs get fixed soon also.

That-Guy

That-Guy

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
Glad your sorted :-)

Its a great phone for the money!

Posted Image

Jacky444

Jacky444

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Agreed. One more thing, at new CM7 (android 2.3.7) it says gen 2 only, what does that mean ?

PJ77

PJ77

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
Android 2.3.7?

Where is that?

That-Guy

That-Guy

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts
I think that is for the Blade not U8800!

Posted Image

PJ77

PJ77

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
this is a U8800 thread m8

Jacky444

Jacky444

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Ahh, Well im sory I confused abit :D I've got U8800 just wanted to know if CM7 with android 2.3.7 is going to be supported on U8800 also or not. Since it says gen 2 only which i have no idea whats refering to :P

Pelemane

Pelemane

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

If you at least read that thread you won't come here saying the opposite of me and misleading those who want to learn. That new recovery is still experimental and only works well with MIUI room. Don't even work with ffranco's kernels.
The correct way of doing for beginners was as I said. Don't lead people that have no experience into middle of instable procedures ok? my way is the right way, but each one does the way he chooses.

What are you talking about? New recovery works perfectly with franco's kernel and there is no need to root before installing CWM.

PJ77

PJ77

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

What are you talking about? New recovery works perfectly with franco's kernel and there is no need to root before installing CWM.

at the time I post that reply it didn't. When I speak, I do with by own experience and not because I heard from someone ok?
Franco then launched a fix kernel to be compatible with this new recovery.

And yes, you should root first and then CWM after. Obviously you don't need to root to install the CWM but this is recommendable, for the cause you dont want to install a custom rom and keep using stock.

Pelemane

Pelemane

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

at the time I post that reply it didn't. When I speak, I do with by own experience and not because I heard from someone ok?
Franco then launched a fix kernel to be compatible with this new recovery.

And yes, you should root first and then CWM after. Obviously you don't need to root to install the CWM but this is recommendable, for the cause you dont want to install a custom rom and keep using stock.

It was fixed before I posted here. Look here: http://forum.xda-dev...&postcount=1073
You can install CWM and use stock ROM. Still no need for root if you don't want to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users