• Please log in to reply
255 replies to this topic

b3owulf

b3owulf

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:Huawei U8800 Pro
Great tutorial! But I have a question, will CWM Recovery work fine with my U8800 Pro? It only has on list U8800 and I don't want to break anything.

Pelemane

Pelemane

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade & Huawei U8800

Great tutorial! But I have a question, will CWM Recovery work fine with my U8800 Pro? It only has on list U8800 and I don't want to break anything.

No it doesn't but this does.

PJ77

PJ77

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ideos X5 (U8800)

It was fixed before I posted here. Look here: http://forum.xda-dev...&postcount=1073
You can install CWM and use stock ROM. Still no need for root if you don't want to.

O...M.....G....

Ok, take the bicycle and be happy

Sundaram Ramanujam

Sundaram Ramanujam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Huawei U8800 Ideos X5
Nice work dude.
Circle Battery Mod for the Huawei U8800 - Bricked my U8800 :unsure:.

You Should add the latest development ROM from oxygen too - Link

Edited by Sundaram Ramanujam, 08 November 2011 - 08:27 AM.

Mister_R

Mister_R

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:San Francisco
I want to back up my brand new X5.
It has 2.2 customized by TMN (Portuguese mobile company).

I did a romdump
I used psneuter as exploit and romdump v82 to download the data.

I expected to have data.img, system.img, boot.img and recovery.img as it happened when i dump a zte blade, Long time ago.
It didn't happened this way. It seems that the system works differently here.

So, who can I backup (dump?), the X5 system?

hummam

hummam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:huawei u8220
hi all ihave updated my phone to 3.5 gingerbread so it is very nice but there is broblem with arabic letters goes from left to right .guys realy i need your help. thanks all

JM74

JM74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Huawei U8800
Hi to everyone.. :)

I was the proud owner of a rooted Huawei U8800 until New Years, when I stupidly lost my phone. Now I have another U8800, but I have a problem with rooting that I hope some kind person could advise me about.

I'm a total newb when it comes to rooting and smartphones and such things. I am seeking some advice for what to do regarding my U8800. When trying to root it, I first installed Pauls Superboot, but I had forgotten to update the firmware from v135 before doing so. the Superboot was installed ok but I couldn't delete progs/software that I didn't use (HiSpace, Twitter, Games etc). So I installed the v136, so I could begin root process again. However, when I try to boot my phone in download mode (pink/purple screen), my phone just boots up in update mode and it uploads the v136 once again. I'm stuck in this loop where I cannot get the pink/purple download mode screen to show on my phone (so that I can replace the boot/img to do the rooting).

Can anyone please help me at all in any way ? I don't quite know what to do. :unsure:

The annoying part is, I DID manage to successfully root my previous U8800 with no problems. But this time around... I'm stuck in firmware-update looping hell :(

Any information/advice/tips would be most gratefully received. And if i'm posting this on the wrong thread, I do apologise, I never use forums very often at all.

Can anyone help an old fool please ?

A summary of my problem:

I tried to root using Pauls superboot, but after doing so, I couldn't permanently delete unused items/software/prog.
I forgot to update firmware from v135 to v136 before installing Pauls Superboot.
I successfully updated firmware to v136, which was saved on my desktop from previous U8800 root attempt.
My U8800 now does not boot into download mode(pink/purple screen) when holding VOL + and VOL- and power on, and I need it to do so to swap boo.img, to root it. :blink:

Please help, anyone !

John

handofslave

handofslave

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:Huawei Ideos X5 U8800
Hi..

Really2 need help here. Im just install official GB to my X5. Previously, im using Oxygen. After flashing, my phone always hang and, if i restart the phone it wont boot but stuck @ welcome screen. I have to reinstall again and again if it happened. Now, i want revert back to any Custom ROM, but cant do it since the windows cant detect the phone in puple screen. ANy help?

That-Guy

That-Guy

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Hi..

Really2 need help here. Im just install official GB to my X5. Previously, im using Oxygen. After flashing, my phone always hang and, if i restart the phone it wont boot but stuck @ welcome screen. I have to reinstall again and again if it happened. Now, i want revert back to any Custom ROM, but cant do it since the windows cant detect the phone in puple screen. ANy help?

Boot into recovery by holding Power button and Vol+ then choose Factory Reset.

Reboot your phone and you will be good to go :)

Huawei U8800 / Ideos X5 - Rooted & Unlocked
Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery 5.5.0.4 | Rom: Android 2.3.5 - Official Huawei Final Release
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 (un-modified) | Partitions: Stock Partition Layout

....:::: Ultimate Guide to the Huawei U8800 ::::....
Rooting | Custom ROMs | ClockworkMod | Themes | Other Hacks & Tweaks

[U8800] [How To] Root, Install ClockworkMod + Remove Bundled Apps from Official 2.3.5

Posted Image

WEBSITE - TWITTER - GOOGLE+ - BLOG

Cursed Chico

Cursed Chico

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
When i try to extract superboot.rar, there is no extract button as if ithere are no files in it. It is 7.86 mb but i cant open it, it gives error broken.

Cursed Chico

Cursed Chico

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
I rooted but i cant see the file system/app? or build?

Cursed Chico

Cursed Chico

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Designed for Standard Froyo White Notification Bar.
This patch edits your framework-res.apk File.
Simply Flash with ClockworkMod.
Tested on Firmware V100R001C00B136
Download the zip file here: DOWNLOAD

I did not understand that. AFter vol+ and power button, how can i flash? After copying to sd card?

Cursed Chico

Cursed Chico

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
Disable Screen Wake when volume keys are pressed.
Find: ro.config.hwfeature_wakeupkey=1 change to: ro.config.hwfeature_wakeupkey=0

I made this but still wakes up when pressed.

Finalware

Finalware

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Huawei U8800
hi everyone
i've installed miui 2.1.20 for my U8800 NONPRO and it ended up with no service ( no GSM network)
any suggestions?

Fri13

Fri13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Boot into recovery by holding Power button and Vol+ then choose Factory Reset.

Reboot your phone and you will be good to go :)

I am having same problem than the poster you are answering.

I have a unlocked phone, what I rooted and flashed with CW and custom ROM by your guide.

But then I chose I want to try ICS, so I followed the guide on XDA where I needed:

1. Install 2.2.1 back

2. Root it and install CW

3. Install Official 2.3

4. Root and install CW

5. Install ICS Aurora 1.8a

But I am on step 4. and I can not root the phone. All rooting applications on phone and computers say that my Phone is rooted. Was it Z4root or SuperOneClick root... Even all applications on phone what needs root access does not warn that phone is not rooted, but when trying to enable the root functions (like with ES manager or remount) those just gives error message that root access is impossible.

Do I need to reflash 2.2.1 and stick on that? As 2.3 is needed by ICS to get cellurar and other networking capabilities working.

bhawesh

bhawesh

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:zte blade/dell xcd35
after pink screen i connect it on ubuntu 12.04 , but in dmesg the device is not showing as a block device(storage device).

problem: at the time of presssing (power on &vol+&-) button not installing the official firmware 2.3.5 present in the sd card(\dload\update.app).
its goes to the pink screen. normally it should install the official firmware(present in the sdcard) while pressing (power on and vol+&-) button.

present condition:
my ideos x5 u8800 can only enter in:
1. blue screen (default power on)
2. pink screen (power,vol+,vol-), not detects as a mounted block device(storage device) by the computer to replace the /image/boot.img and recovery.img(cwm)

past condition:
1.i had upgraded it to official 2.3.5 firmware from 2.2 using (copy dload folder to sdcard and powering on with vol+&- button)
2. rooted with superoneclick
3. replaced .cust_backup/image/recovery.img with recovery.img (cwm5.0.2.7), by remount and es file explorer
4.now started with cwm 5.0.2.7 to install custom rom
5. i wiped cache, system, dalvik cache, after that formatted /boot , /system,/cache,/data
6. i think after upgrade to 2.3.5 , the computer not detects as a storage device in pink screen mode

is there any tool(windows or linux) to
1.to flash firmware from computer or
2.to detect internal storage (for replacing /.cust_backup/boot.img and recovery.img)
sorry for bad english

plz help me

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users