Warning about xRecovery 1.0.0

Guest Alakasam

Guest Alakasam

Hey guys!

Just a little warning about new xRecovery 1.0.0, for the non-dev's, I found out the hard way but, if you have xRec 1.0.0 installed (I had it because I was testing EW's ROM) and you want to flash Trip's ROM (confirmed on Wolf's), it will not work, and you will end up with this error.

Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported.

Amend scripting was deprecated by Google in Android 1.5.

So, luckily I had a backup of Trip's MIUI with xRec 0.3 on, so I restored then flashed as normal.

This is just a little warning to all those!

I know it says "

"Notes:

Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported, was deprecated by Google in Android 1.5. Please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages." on the thread in XDA, but most of us don't check there.

*edit* -

You can convert the zip package to Edify Scripting - download the attachment and run as normal!

Just enter "input" .zip and choose "output"!

Hope it's useful!

So a quick recap

from ROM with xRec 1.0.0 to flash:

a ) Wolf's ROM - doesn't work (xRec 0.3) - NEED TO USE ATTACHED CONVERTER

b ) Trip's ROMs - doesn't work (xRec 0.3) - NEED TO USE ATTACHED CONVERTER

c ) Erick Will's ROM - works (xRec 1.0.0)

d ) FreeXperia ROM - works (xRec 1.0.0)

Just my penny,

Sam

amend2edify_v1.0.1.1.zip

Edited by Alakasam

Guest Alakasam
Thank you for saying this, good we still have people who give notices like this. :D

I heard it doesn't work with Wolfs rom either, btw.

Best thing to do is to stay on 0.3

Thanks! - edited that in OP now :D

Just wanted to let everyone know, so it doesnt happen to them!

Guest Wolfbreak

Its becouse my ROM uses edify update Script, dl some of the Tools on XDA to convert to Edify updater Script and it will work fine. V006 was released Weeks ago so sure it has no support for newer Xrec yet, but you can do it easy on your own, the Converter you can find on XDA does all automatic you just need to select the zip file to convert.

Guest Blaven
Its becouse my ROM uses edify update Script, dl some of the Tools on XDA to convert to Edify updater Script and it will work fine. V006 was released Weeks ago so sure it has no support for newer Xrec yet, but you can do it easy on your own, the Converter you can find on XDA does all automatic you just need to select the zip file to convert.

That is good news, I will stay with the 0.3 version tough, since I am too lazy to do the workarouds and updates. :D

I already am using your rom and installed it trough xRec 0.3. :D

Guest Alakasam

Hey Wolf,

Thanks for telling me there's a converter,

I've attached it and edited the OP :D

Guest Blaven

Now let's hope people read this before doing anything stupid. :D

This should be like a 'sticky' post, so that it would be noticeable and more helpful.

Guest Alakasam
Now let's hope people read this before doing anything stupid. :D

This should be like a 'sticky' post, so that it would be noticeable and more helpful.

Hehe!

I bet most people wouldn't be as stupid as me though!

But, as long as it helps, it's all good! :D

Guest Blaven
Hehe!

I bet most people wouldn't be as stupid as me though!

But, as long as it helps, it's all good! :o

Well, I think alot of people are like "Ooh shiny! A new xRec, omg it's new and it's going to pwn the old one!". :D

I was like that aswell, but my lazyness got the upperhand. :D

Guest Arun Manohar
Hey guys!

Just a little warning about new xRecovery 1.0.0, for the non-dev's, I found out the hard way but, if you have xRec 1.0.0 installed (I had it because I was testing EW's ROM) and you want to flash Trip's ROM (confirmed on Wolf's), it will not work, and you will end up with this error.

So, luckily I had a backup of Trip's MIUI with xRec 0.3 on, so I restored then flashed as normal.

This is just a little warning to all those!

I know it says "

"Notes:

Amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported, was deprecated by Google in Android 1.5. Please switch to Edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages." on the thread in XDA, but most of us don't check there.

*edit* -

You can convert the zip package to Edify Scripting - download the attachment and run as normal!

Just enter "input" .zip and choose "output"!

Hope it's useful!

So a quick recap

from ROM with xRec 1.0.0 to flash:

a ) Wolf's ROM - doesn't work (xRec 0.3) - NEED TO USE ATTACHED CONVERTER

b ) Trip's ROMs - doesn't work (xRec 0.3) - NEED TO USE ATTACHED CONVERTER

c ) Erick Will's ROM - works (xRec 1.0.0)

d ) FreeXperia ROM - works (xRec 1.0.0)

Just my penny,

Sam

i converted the zip files with this converter and when i flash my files via xrecovery 1.0 it comes"mounting points" and "unmounting points" and the zip file doesnt get installed..i am on TripNMIUI Froyo

Guest TheHacKersZ

i updated my xrec to v1, and i stucked and can even flash a new rom. Luckily i still keep the stock/virgin generic .49 kernel. So i flash that and re root again

Guest Blaven

People need to be patient and just wait until the rom creators update their rom themselves.. :D

Since converters aren't always reliable.

Guest Blaven
i converted the zip files with this converter and when i flash my files via xrecovery 1.0 it comes"mounting points" and "unmounting points" and the zip file doesnt get installed..i am on TripNMIUI Froyo

Did you meet the requirements for the converter?

And are you sure you did it right?

Posted a link to a How-to now in the second post (wich is obviously mine :D).

Guest Arun Manohar
Did you meet the requirements for the converter?

And are you sure you did it right?

Posted a link to a How-to now in the second post (wich is obviously mine :D).

yup i did the following

"Options" -> check "Backup Original".

"Options" -> check "Delete Temp Files".

"Options" -> check "Sign Zip File".

"Options" -> "Mount Type" ->GalaxySi9000

it seems to change the zip file i have used in xrecovery 0.3..after converting a zip file to edify i am not able to use tat file again on v0.3.

And that mounting and demounting points occur again

Guest Blaven
yup i did the following

"Options" -> check "Backup Original".

"Options" -> check "Delete Temp Files".

"Options" -> check "Sign Zip File".

"Options" -> "Mount Type" ->GalaxySi9000

it seems to change the zip file i have used in xrecovery 0.3..after converting a zip file to edify i am not able to use tat file again on v0.3.

And that mounting and demounting points occur again

Yes of course you can't use it in v0.3 anymore, this converter is for converting files to be installed by v1.0.0.

Did you actually read the post? :D

Guest realunited123
Since converters aren't always reliable.

They aren't ? lol why ? The reason why sometimes they don't work is because someone at SE screwed up bad and changed the mtd partion layout. So X10,X10 HD and even some of the X10s have different mtd partion layout. This can be solved by without using any particular "mtdblock" mount option and using generic mount like:

mount("MTD", "system", "/system");

I modified(well just edited the mount type) the phonedatabase.xml to work with every X10 :D

http://www.mediafire.com/?yjfdyg6hq44i84a

Guest Blaven
They aren't ? lol why ? The reason why sometimes they don't work is because someone at SE screwed up bad and changed the mtd partion layout. So X10,X10 HD and even some of the X10s have different mtd partion layout. This can be solved by without using any particular "mtdblock" mount option and using generic mount like:

mount("MTD", "system", "/system");

I modified(well just edited the mount type) the phonedatabase.xml to work with every X10 :D

http://www.mediafire.com/?yjfdyg6hq44i84a

I've had many problems with converters in the past.

Since I love editing with Photoshop and After Effects, I sometimes need to convert video files to another format to let them work with the editor program.

Since converters doesn't always warn you what extensions you need for it to rely on, it sometimes just refuses converting or converts a file of >10gb or a distorted one.

So, not all converters are reliable.

But let's get back on-topic. :D

And thank you for improving it. :o

Edited by Blaven

Guest realunited123
I've had many problems with converters in the past.

Since I love editing with Photoshop and After Effects, I sometimes need to convert video files to another format to let them work with the editor program.

Since converters doesn't always warn you what extensions you need for it to rely on, it sometimes just refuses converting or converts a file of >10gb or a distorted one.

So, not all converters are reliable.

But let's get back on-topic. :D

And thank you for improving it. :D

Oh I thought you were talking about update-script to updater-script converter . Sorry!

Guest Arun Manohar
Yes of course you can't use it in v0.3 anymore, this converter is for converting files to be installed by v1.0.0.

Did you actually read the post? :D

i created a backup of the file to be used in v0.3 ... after converting why i am not able to use the backed up file in v0.3?

Guest Blaven
i created a backup of the file to be used in v0.3 ... after converting why i am not able to use the backed up file in v0.3?

Maybe you have overwritten the old file. =/ Idk.

But you can still just go and download the rom again from where you downoaded it first right?

Edited by Blaven

Guest RabetiOnline

i convert Trip 2.2 ROM and install via Xrec 1.0.

after installation i have this error:

Error in /cache/recovery/log (no space left on device)

Error in /cache/recovery/last_log (no space left on device)

What is going Wrong?

Guest Blaven
i convert Trip 2.2 ROM and install via Xrec 1.0.

after installation i have this error:

Error in /cache/recovery/log (no space left on device)

Error in /cache/recovery/last_log (no space left on device)

What is going Wrong?

Try cleaning your cache.

It says 'Error in cache.. No space left on device'.

So I think that should do the job. :D

Guest RabetiOnline
Try cleaning your cache.

It says 'Error in cache.. No space left on device'.

So I think that should do the job. :D

I did Dalvik cach and wipe and nothing happen

Edited by RabetiOnline

Guest Arun Manohar
Maybe you have overwritten the old file. =/ Idk.

But you can still just go and download the rom again from where you downoaded it first right?

ya tats wat i did at last