[Kernel] ! 16/6 FreeKernel mod 3.51 - Eclair, FroYO, GB, MIUI!

Guest a1exander

Guest Neel007
This happened to me as well. For me if I installed ROM, then BBpatch then kernel and booted it came up with this "theme". I found I had to install 1.5.6 and then boot into it, then reboot back into xRecovery and install kernel.

However I am having wifi issue as others are. Just getting error when trying to turn on.

EDIT: I got Wifi working. Here is what I did, though I can't be sure it was the reason it started working.

-Flashed Baseband 52 using flash tool

-Booted phone into xRecovery, full wipe, wipe dalvik, wipe battery

-install TripNMiui 1.5.6 and then install baseband patch (Do NOT install FreeKernel)

-Reboot phone and go through initial setup, sign into market

-This is what I did differently from other attempts - > Turn on WIFI so it is enabled, i didn't connect to any networks though

-Reboot into xRecovery and install FreeKernel

-When I booted back up my WIFI was already enabled and working. I disabled and enabled it to make sure.

Try that if anyone is having trouble.

Thanx..... I did the same and it's working for me now.....

thanx to Eisel too :D

Edited by Neel007

Guest Duzy3
This happened to me as well. For me if I installed ROM, then BBpatch then kernel and booted it came up with this "theme". I found I had to install 1.5.6 and then boot into it, then reboot back into xRecovery and install kernel.

However I am having wifi issue as others are. Just getting error when trying to turn on.

EDIT: I got Wifi working. Here is what I did, though I can't be sure it was the reason it started working.

-install TripNMiui 1.5.6 and then install baseband patch (Do NOT install FreeKernel)

-This is what I did differently from other attempts - > Turn on WIFI so it is enabled, i didn't connect to any networks though

-When I booted back up my WIFI was already enabled and working. I disabled and enabled it to make sure.

actually everything is working perfectly thanks to the great help I bet you a beer :D

Guest evanbigfan

i tried this custom kernel on trip miui 1.5.6 and damn i got 1604 on quadrant,and 36 on linpack,thanks wolf ,and trip i think u should try it man,with ur rom and wolf kernel ,x10 is flying :D

Guest frankie_fish
i tried this custom kernel on trip miui 1.5.6 and damn i got 1604 on quadrant,and 36 on linpack,thanks wolf ,and trip i think u should try it man,with ur rom and wolf kernel ,x10 is flying :D

truth truth :D:D:D

Guest evanbigfan
Guys what about battery drain? And deepsleep issue?

still testing the buttery drain ,seems losing buttery much faster,give me one day before the final report

and gonna test the deep sleep issue too

but u know ,i hate to do patches ,i wish there is custom kernel for the bb.67

Guest aimcr7
still testing the buttery drain ,seems losing buttery much faster,give me one day before the final report

and gonna test the deep sleep issue too

but u know ,i hate to do patches ,i wish there is custom kernel for the bb.67

Yeah hope the same. But seem do not happen nearly. We have to wait till someone try to make it.

Guest Sid Justice

Hi can anyone tell me if the battery 20% issue is still present? The one where phone starts rebooting once the battery hits 20%.

Guest Madsen Felipe
Hi can anyone tell me if the battery 20% issue is still present? The one where phone starts rebooting once the battery hits 20%.

Yes, that issue is present :D

Guest Eisel

testet the rom for a while on CyanogenMod 6.1.3 Froyo! - TripNRaVeR 1.4

at first it worked like a charm but now getting wloads and the bettery drain is too high(10% per hour in sleep mode)

its such a pity, becouse the speed and the smoothness of this combination was incredible

Edited by Eisel

Guest evanbigfan

still present till now :S

Guest evanbigfan
testet the rom for a while on CyanogenMod 6.1.3 Froyo! - TripNRaVeR 1.4

at first it worked like a charm but now getting wloads and the bettery drain is too high(10% per hour in sleep mode)

its such a pity, becouse the speed and the smoothness of this combination was incredible

yes i totally agree,when i first installed it ,it was charming,but after couple of reboots and using some application,seems getting worst than the se march kernel

Guest kanchigo

I use that kenels with 1.08 Trip mui. everything is fine, but there are 2 small prob.:

APP2SD doesn't work

Sometime phone abit slow, after 3-4 s it backs on normal.

Does anybody know how to get APP2sd work? much apreciated

Guest Smilez:)
had the same problem on first try..

flash baseband>whipe everything(data+cache+davlik+batterystats)>flash rom>flash bbpatch> flash kernel

and everything worked including wifi

edit app2sd not working

worked for me. fully functional following these steps.

Guest Madsen Felipe

- battery drain is high

- 3g/edge data very instable

- wlods sometimes

- turn on screen delay

- on battery 20% the x10 reboots all the time

Guest aimcr7
- battery drain is high

- 3g/edge data very instable

- wlods sometimes

- turn on screen delay

- on battery 20% the x10 reboots all the time

my god, this appear just a minute before i want to flash the custom kernel. d**n.

Can I use it as daily kernel and rom (TripNMIUI 1.5.6)?

Guest JingleJo
This theme (attached).

Its bizarre.

Still no signal. Reflashed twice, crashed system server...

Fantastic kernel though. Very nice boot animation...

[Q] If i backup on xrecovery will the baseband be included in the backup or do i have to flash desired baseband again?

Thanks.

Guest frankie_fish
my god, this appear just a minute before i want to flash the custom kernel. d**n.

Can I use it as daily kernel and rom (TripNMIUI 1.5.6)?

i installed it yesterday and everything is ok, gone see battery life today...

Guest Eisel
Still no signal. Reflashed twice, crashed system server...

Fantastic kernel though. Very nice boot animation...

[Q] If i backup on xrecovery will the baseband be included in the backup or do i have to flash desired baseband again?

Thanks.

its not includet in the xrecovery backup so you will have to flash your desired baseband again, if it differs from the one you had already

Guest norigkgp1
let me know mate.

wait for ur report.

Battery levels:

Yesterday 23.30 : 77%

This morning 7.00 : 74%

3% in 7,5 hours on stand by ( no calls, no internet ) with WIFI ON, great.

Still testing.

Guest BuglyAstard

This works, thanks! maybe someone can explain WHY it works, devs will probably fix but wow its fast.