• Please log in to reply
3699 replies to this topic

BuzzKilla

BuzzKilla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Samsung Nexus S
Hey, I installed this ROM on to my g/f's Liquid E. (FIDO)

phone runs amazingly. but the only issue is the there is no reception. I get that airplane mode issue.

Has this been fixed?
I wiped the phone before and after install...

i just realized that i didn't install the chocolate kernel, could that have caused the issue?
Do i install it after i install the rom?
can i use malez to install the kernel?
(Sorry i'm used to clockworks)

I got frustrated after a few hours of trying to look up the issue, but after every reset, i get zero bars. So i installed froyometal, but the battery drain is horrible, doesn't last the day @ idle....

any suggestions on how to fix, or an older rom that would be ideal for a not so tech savvy person + good battery life?

Sorry for the noob questions, my Nexus S was a walk in the park compared to troubleshooting the Liquid E. (always is with newer hardware)

Ma7moud

Ma7moud

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid A1
  • Twitter:@9_CanZ

Hey, I installed this ROM on to my g/f's Liquid E. (FIDO)

phone runs amazingly. but the only issue is the there is no reception. I get that airplane mode issue.

Has this been fixed?
I wiped the phone before and after install...

i just realized that i didn't install the chocolate kernel, could that have caused the issue?
Do i install it after i install the rom?
can i use malez to install the kernel?
(Sorry i'm used to clockworks)

I got frustrated after a few hours of trying to look up the issue, but after every reset, i get zero bars. So i installed froyometal, but the battery drain is horrible, doesn't last the day @ idle....

any suggestions on how to fix, or an older rom that would be ideal for a not so tech savvy person + good battery life?

Sorry for the noob questions, my Nexus S was a walk in the park compared to troubleshooting the Liquid E. (always is with newer hardware)

i think you need to flash the 4.002.14 bin first then flash malez recovery then wipe everything then flash Liquid Next
and you don't need chocolate kernel, this rom uses an updated version of it

i think the Liquid isn't that hard, and from what i know, its almost impossible to brick it if you know what you are doing, you can always flash an acer bin and everything is normal again

Phone : Acer Liquid A1 (Color: Red)
BIN : 4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1

Recovery: TWRP
ROM : CM 7.2 (Ainillia version) (128MHz ~ 960MHz - Smartass V2) (Thanks lupohirp, Thepasto, Ainillia and the team)

BuzzKilla

BuzzKilla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

i think you need to flash the 4.002.14 bin first then flash malez recovery then wipe everything then flash Liquid Next
and you don't need chocolate kernel, this rom uses an updated version of it

i think the Liquid isn't that hard, and from what i know, its almost impossible to brick it if you know what you are doing, you can always flash an acer bin and everything is normal again

Thanks for the info Posted Image

when i had the phone , i updated to
4.004.12.PA.FIDO
from Acer's official site... and installed LN over it.
that could have had something to do with the problem Posted Image

And i've almost gone back to OEM but wanted to avoid using Acer Tools... Oh well.

I found:

4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1_A22F_A_bin.zip

would the region difference affect anything? or is that problem alleviated once i install the LiquidNext ROM

Is Acer tools really necessary to install this? or is there a way to use with Malez?

Sorry for the noob questions again, but i want to do this right with as little down time as possible.
There are just too many links to too many versions of the same thing.....

the g/f is already pissy with me toying around on her phone.
I was just trying to breath life back into an older but still capable phone.

I can honestly say this is the last time i mod a phone that does not belong to me.....Posted Image
Now im off to read up more about "swap & apps2sd" before i mess with anything else.

Thanks again for the advice !

Ma7moud

Ma7moud

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Thanks for the info Posted Image

when i had the phone , i updated to
4.004.12.PA.FIDO
from Acer's official site... and installed LN over it.
that could have had something to do with the problem Posted Image

And i've almost gone back to OEM but wanted to avoid using Acer Tools... Oh well.

I found:

4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1_A22F_A_bin.zip

would the region difference affect anything? or is that problem alleviated once i install the LiquidNext ROM

the region difference shouldn't do anything, you need to flash this bin before liquid next to solve some bugs with wifi and network and battery

Is Acer tools really necessary to install this? or is there a way to use with Malez?

must be flashed using Acer Download Tool
there is a step-by-step guide to how to do it here
see 4.1 How to flash a BIN

I can honestly say this is the last time i mod a phone that does not belong to me.....Posted Image
Now im off to read up more about "swap & apps2sd" before i mess with anything else.

Thanks again for the advice !

you don't need swap for Liquid E , only for Liquid A1 that has 256MB ram
but you need apps2sd if you want to install more than 20 appsPosted Image

easiest way is to format the sdcard and add a ext2 partition to itand use "Link2SD" app

ROM : CM 7.2 (Ainillia version) (128MHz ~ 960MHz - Smartass V2) (Thanks lupohirp, Thepasto, Ainillia and the team)

BuzzKilla

BuzzKilla

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

the region difference shouldn't do anything, you need to flash this bin before liquid next to solve some bugs with wifi and network and battery
must be flashed using Acer Download Tool
there is a step-by-step guide to how to do it here
see 4.1 How to flash a BIN
you don't need swap for Liquid E , only for Liquid A1 that has 256MB ram
but you need apps2sd if you want to install more than 20 appsPosted Image
easiest way is to format the sdcard and add a ext2 partition to itand use "Link2SD" app

that is about as clear of an answer as i could have hoped for.

D/L'ing all the necessary files now Posted Image

took a while to find a link to ADT that wasn't put on MegaUpload Posted Image

I'll post up how it all went, once i get my hands on her phone in the next few days.

Thanks for all the help!

I just found a post in this thread that said to use the 4.002.14 bin... my search skills are getting weak...
thanks for putting up with me.

bildr

bildr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid E
Well, what i've found weird is the fact that's i've seen A LOT of problem with people with Rogers/Fido service carrier having the plane mode problem & no incoming signal from the network. I'm myself with FIDO and facing the same problem. I would really like to see if some one with Rogers/Fido succesfully flashed LN 1.9.2.

Ma7moud

Ma7moud

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Well, what i've found weird is the fact that's i've seen A LOT of problem with people with Rogers/Fido service carrier having the plane mode problem & no incoming signal from the network. I'm myself with FIDO and facing the same problem. I would really like to see if some one with Rogers/Fido succesfully flashed LN 1.9.2.

well unless it has different hardware then flashing an EMEA bin should make it exactly like any other Liquid phone from anywhere in the world

bildr

bildr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

well unless it has different hardware then flashing an EMEA bin should make it exactly like any other Liquid phone from anywhere in the world

Well the thing is that i flashed with a EMAE.GEN1 bin and i still get the same problem flashing LiquidNext. It's weird.

Ma7moud

Ma7moud

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Well the thing is that i flashed with a EMAE.GEN1 bin and i still get the same problem flashing LiquidNext. It's weird.

which bin exactly ?

Tj3n

Tj3n

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts
hi =) i would like to ask sth about this rom ><
i got this installed, it seem to work fine @_@ still got crashed when change screen and wifi din auto get ip but its not problem
i got it rooted and super user worked, i dl and use liquid next part everything seem fine too except the move app2sd @_@....everytime i open it i got force closed....can any1 help me?

Acer Liquid E
ROM : MIUI Final - ICS Theme V2.0

bildr

bildr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

which bin exactly ?

Acer_LiquidE_4.504b.00EMEA_GEN1

Ma7moud

Ma7moud

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Acer_LiquidE_4.504b.00EMEA_GEN1

the recommended ones are 4.002.14 and 4.008.8

Andi-HH

Andi-HH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid
Hi,
my phone often switches off (black screen but eating the battery). It comes suddenly when using the phone.
How can I solve this? Could it be a hardware defect?

Andi-HH

Andi-HH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid

Hi,
my phone often switches off (black screen but eating the battery). It comes suddenly when using the phone.
How can I solve this? Could it be a hardware defect?

If somebody is interested: It seems that it is a problem of Apps2SD or just my SD-Card. I formated the card and I am without apps2sd atm (but with swap enabled) and my phone works perfectly...

AvaThor

AvaThor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Devices:Acer Liquid E S100 Black
The phone my wife wants to go on since today. Black Screen no acer Logo.

Battery I have tested, my daughter has the same phone.

if my press the power button and hold it several seconds and nothing happened, The Phone shortly vibratte but screen stay Black. Normaly come then the Acer logo.

I do not come into recovery .I press power, camera, and + and nothin happend. It gouble vibratte , but the screen stays black.

It worked without problems since Christmas.

Can Acer detect that liquidNext was installed on this phone ?

Sorry for my English..

Ma7moud

Ma7moud

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

The phone my wife wants to go on since today. Black Screen no acer Logo.

Battery I have tested, my daughter has the same phone.

if my press the power button and hold it several seconds and nothing happened, The Phone shortly vibratte but screen stay Black. Normaly come then the Acer logo.

I do not come into recovery .I press power, camera, and + and nothin happend. It gouble vibratte , but the screen stays black.

It worked without problems since Christmas.

Can Acer detect that liquidNext was installed on this phone ?

Sorry for my English..

you should try pressing power, camera, and -

AvaThor

AvaThor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

you should try pressing power, camera, and -

Yes i try it.
The phone Vibratte twice, and nothing happens, black screen no led´s.
Sometimes i i try to power on it, the phone vibratte all time. and 3 Led´s blink.

Ma7moud

Ma7moud

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts

Yes i try it.
The phone Vibratte twice, and nothing happens, black screen no led´s.
Sometimes i i try to power on it, the phone vibratte all time. and 3 Led´s blink.

did you try acer download tool ?

AvaThor

AvaThor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

did you try acer download tool ?

yes i try it today.
Once time deteckt windows my phone and installed Quallcom.... driver, after some minutes my phone has all time vibratte and 3 led´s blink.

I try to do it agin, but wnindows dnot deteckt my phone agin. I try it 10 times. No success. Acer sendd my yesterday email with RMA instructions. Monday i sent my phone to acer support.

Galaxyweb

Galaxyweb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi,
I flash next on my A1 but I have a problem:
after reboot stopping to logo liquidnext !!!Posted Image

Help me?

p.s. I flash with new clockmod recovery.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users