☆☆☆ [ROM] [GB] LiquidNext 1.9.2 (17/10/11) ☆☆☆

Guest Suxsem

Guest SmithyBeatz

Just discovered that i can't load mails witch are in labels in the Gmail app. I only can load the inbox. Someone else with that issue?

Edited by SmithyBeatz

Guest dread2k9
Just discovered that i can't load mails witch are in labels in the Gmail app. I only can load the inbox. Someone else with that issue?

no, works fine for me :)

Guest yapa73

Hello every one,

Tonight, I ran the usual test of consumption, to compare the result with that of previous versions, Liquid NeXT CM7.

so I am part of my result (I always use the same settings, and home is always placed in the same way, of course.). This time however, I'm allowed to change the theme with theme chooser, and also ex-adw. then we can imagine that there is a slight increase in consumption due to these these customizations, acting on the usual components of my system.

the conclusion to you.

Consumer tests on standby, with 2G/3G data connection automatically

Next Liquid 1.2.1

Remaining battery power by disconnecting from 7h49m31s doppo: 62% (4.861% / Time)

consumption:

⊕ Standby Mobile Phone (Battery used by cellular signal): 45%

Playing Time: 7h49m31s

Phone ⊕ inactive (Using battery when the phone is idle): 42%

Playing Time: 7h48m3s

⊕ Display (Battery used by Display and Backlight): 9%

Playing Time: 1m28s

⊕ Android operating system (used by the battery): 4%

CPUs Total: 1m20s

I would say not bad;)

Remind to compare the results of previous versions (unfortunately I have not tested on Next Liquid 1.0.1). then:

CM7 Beta testers of 10/06/2011: 4.56% / hour

CM7 Beta testers of 02/06/2011: 8.19% / hour

CM7 Public Beta of 5.26 / 2011: 8.57% / hour

Edited by yapa73

Guest daimadoshi85
Hello, for your "bug" zooming of photos taken, and which are stored in 1X, the camera zooms app (that does not save the zoomed picture taken), simply because shooting mode 5Mpixels. then zoom in to take pictures, we always use a lower resolution than the maximum. as it is only normal behavior.

Instead, the option to use the volume buttons to zoom, the camera returns an FC. me too. for now we only use the zoom control on the screen.

for the Music app, I have not tried.

[ita]

Ciao, per il tuo "Bug" delle foto scattate zoomando, e che risultano salvate in 1X, l'app fotocamera non zooma (cioè non salva zoomata la foto scattata), semplicemente perchè scatti in modalita 5Mpixels. quindi per scattare delle foto zoomate, dobbiamo sempre usare una risoluzione inferiore a quella massima. è quindi normale come comportamento.

Invece, l'opzione di utilizzo dei pulsanti volume, per zoomare, nella fotocamera restituisce un FC. anche a me. per ora dobbiamo usare solo il regolatore dello zoom a schermo.

per, l'app Musica, non ho provato.

[/ita]

Ok for the zoom, I didn't know that :)

I found a more accurate behaviour for zoom with volume buttons. If I check the option, and then I push vol up, I have a FC. Instead, if before I push the zoom button on screen, and then I push vol up, it works B)

Edited by daimadoshi85

Guest benito91
Hi,

Very nice ROM that I use since Wenesday. I've updated my Liquid A1 with the V1.2.1

I've no more force close with Gallery's app.

But the LED doesn't work as I want. Let me explain.

With the official ROM (2.2 for LiquidE), with Handcent SMS, when I received a text message, the LED didn't blink, it was just light.

And when I received a mail, the LED blinked. Thus, I could make a difference between Mail and SMS.

Now, with LiquidNext, the LED blinking with SMS and Mail. Can you do something about this ?

Since 1.2.1, my Liquid is a little bit less fluid ... the battery drain seems to be more important.

I use no TaskKiller (as it's recommanded), and when I take a look at processes, I've about 2Mo free ram ...

It's very very small, before I had about 20Mo !

Finaly, just two more things :)

- When I receive a call, the answer locker isn't translated in my language (french).

- The Music app isn't up to date :/

Thanks for your work and your goal (a ROM without bugs),

If the update continue and the ROM don't became heavy, I'll buy the donation app.

The led is blinking when you receive email?? I'm using Gmail official apps and led is not blinking... What app do you use? My led only blink for sms... (and the led call blink for call)

Edited by benito91

Guest BerenITA
The led is blinking when you receive email?? I'm using Gmail official apps and led is not blinking... What app do you use? My led only blink for sms... (and the led call blink for call)

my led also blinks on email....i am using k9 mail (with froyo it wasn't blinkng)

Guest thepasto
Any help?

Sounds like you're using custom ring :) Ringtones included in this rom are already fixed to loop correctly. To get a ringtone loops correctly, you should include in it "ANDROID_LOOP=true" tag.

I.E (running Linux vorbistools needed)

vorbiscomment -a YOURRINGTONE.ogg -t "ANDROID_LOOP=true"

in windows i don't know how to do that, maybe you need something like that (http://www.foobar2000.org/)

I tested this method only with .OGG files but should work with FLAC and ACC too. Don't know with mp3.. You can try (or convert it to a working format B) )

Edited by thepasto

Guest peixinho
Sounds like you're using custom ring :) Ringtones included in this rom are already fixed to loop correctly. To get a ringtone loops correctly, you should include in it "ANDROID_LOOP=true" tag.

I.E (running Linux vorbistools needed)

vorbiscomment -a YOURRINGTONE.ogg -t "ANDROID_LOOP=true"

in windows i don't know how to do that, maybe you need something like that (http://www.foobar2000.org/)

I tested this method only with .OGG files but should work with FLAC and ACC too. Don't know with mp3.. You can try (or convert it to a working format B) )

Yeap, I am using a custom ring. The ring is in Mp3 format, maybe I should give a try, I'm on a linux desktop :D

Guest kendreg

I give up, guys...

My phone became useless, because I got too many problems with my proximity sensor during call :)

I'm coming back to FROYO... let's hope with next releases B)

Edited by kendreg

Guest benito91
my led also blinks on email....i am using k9 mail (with froyo it wasn't blinkng)

Ok thanks, with gmail official apps instead led won't blink, i hope this issue will be solved in the next versions... we are near to perfect gingerbread rom :)

Guest fear_factory84

I've flashed today version 1.2 and later 1.2.1 on top of 1.1.1.

Light sensor filter (the one that is enabled on cyanogenmod setting menu) is not working anymore.

With 1.1.1 I had yesterday the long call bug by proximity sensor, after more than 30min call.

Why liquidnext parts app say that I have an old rom? I have flashed today 1.2.1 and in info it says "1.2.1"....

Guest DasTisu

What CM7 build is this ROM based on?

Looks like the Nexus One N105 fixes the battery icon drain and that N107 implements a better DSP manager. Would be nice with N107... :)

Guest CyrilB75

I use Gmail official app :x

And the led is blinking when I receive a new mail.

Guest dinges-in

Hi Everyone

Flashed this one on top of stock 2.2 and it's working, but.

1) When on AC the phone hangs emmediately after wake-up and can't be powered off. I need to remove the battery. When I do nothing, the phone sits there (hanging) for about 1 or 2 minutes, then reboots automatically.

If you can tell me how I can get a catlog from "before" the reboot, I wil be happy to provide.

2) Proximity doesn't seem to work. I can hang up calls with my face. :-)

3) Also, tested SIP calls ( no extra software, jsut the SIP in settings -> Call Settings -> "internet call settings".) It connects, I get ringtone, but when receiver picks up there's no sound. The receiver on his end also hears noting.

I managed to get al log. (xxxx = edit hidden)

06-20 18:05:30.653 V/SipAudioCall(2630): onCallEstablished()v=0

06-20 18:05:30.653 V/SipAudioCall(2630): o=waltervos xxxxx xxxxxx IN IP4 62.41.83.59

06-20 18:05:30.653 V/SipAudioCall(2630): s=SIP Call

06-20 18:05:30.653 V/SipAudioCall(2630): c=IN IP4 62.41.83.59

06-20 18:05:30.653 V/SipAudioCall(2630): t=0 0

06-20 18:05:30.653 V/SipAudioCall(2630): m=audio 25438 RTP/AVP 3 127

06-20 18:05:30.653 V/SipAudioCall(2630): a=rtpmap:3 GSM/8000

06-20 18:05:30.653 V/SipAudioCall(2630): a=rtpmap:127 telephone-event/8000

06-20 18:05:30.653 V/SipAudioCall(2630): a=ptime:20

06-20 18:05:30.653 V/Call	(2630): +***+ call state changed: ALERTING --> ACTIVE: ALERTING:com.android.internal.telephony.sip.SipPhone$SipCall@40644f20: on phone Handler{40654768} 1

06-20 18:05:30.653 V/SipPhone(2630): +***+ connection state changed: sip:[email protected]: ACTIVE on phone Handler{40654768}

06-20 18:05:30.673 D/SipAudioCall(2630): stop audiocall

06-20 18:05:30.683 V/NotificationService(346): Active profile: Default

06-20 18:05:30.683 I/PROFILE (346): Group: Gmail containing : com.android.phone : false

06-20 18:05:30.683 I/PROFILE (346): Group: Phone containing : com.android.phone : true

06-20 18:05:30.683 V/NotificationService(346): Pkg: com.android.phone group: Phone

06-20 18:05:30.762 D/AudioGroup(2630): stream[67] is configured as GSM 8kHz 20ms mode 0

06-20 18:05:30.762 D/AudioGroup(2630): stream[89] is configured as RAW 8kHz 32ms mode 0

06-20 18:05:30.762 D/AudioGroup(2630): stream[89] joins group[85]

06-20 18:05:30.762 D/AudioGroup(2630): stream[67] joins group[85]

06-20 18:05:30.762 D/AudioGroup(2630): group[85] switches from mode 0 to 2

06-20 18:05:30.782 D/AudioGroup(2630): reported frame count: output 278, input 256

06-20 18:05:30.782 D/AudioGroup(2630): adjusted frame count: output 512, input 512

06-20 18:05:30.782 W/AudioPolicyManagerBase(142): getInput() invalid input source 7

06-20 18:05:30.782 E/AudioRecord(2630): Could not get audio input for record source 7

06-20 18:05:30.782 E/AudioGroup(2630): cannot initialize audio device

06-20 18:05:30.974 D/SipSession(2630): session key from event: [email protected]

06-20 18:05:30.974 D/SipSession(2630): active sessions:

06-20 18:05:30.974 D/SipSession(2630):  [email protected]: @4085d550:IN_CALL

06-20 18:05:30.974 D/SipSession(2630): transaction terminated: req=INVITE,9123,s=TERMINATED,ds=CONFIRMED,

06-20 18:05:30.974 D/SipSession(2630): Transaction terminated; do nothing

4) The brightness filter doesn't work. The display is flickering even when choosing high intervals.

5) Compas is slow and confused when initiated. Needs shaking to find North.

I use catlog recording widget, so if someone needs logs, just PM me.

All the other stuff is working flawlesly ( till now ), and I realy would like to thank every one working on it!

Edited by dinges-in

Guest rjscosta

This ROM has one annoying bug related to battery charging:

When you reboot during charging, it stops charging and never starts charging again until you remove the USB cable (be it with USB 0.5 Amp mode or AC 1 Amp mode).

Steps to reproduce:

- Connect charging cable, phone starts to charge

- Reboot

- After reboot finishes, phone does not charge the battery until you remove the cable and plug it again.

If you power off the phone, it loads the small off-line charging program with the charging animation and keeps charging, however, if you power on the phone with the cable connected, after it boots it doesn't resume charging.

I've installed back an official Acer ROM just to test it and it resumes charging after reboot. It happens as such:

- Connect charging cable, phone starts to charge

- Reboot

- After reboot finishes, phone resumes charging until the battery is full

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another thing: How do you adjust the sofkeys sensitivity?

I can only find the screen sensitivity on LiquidNext Settings, on the Acer ROM there was a "Numerical Keypad Sensitivity" setting under "Call Settings".

My sofkeys only work while holding the phone in hand or with USB cable connected, but not sitting on a table if I don't increase the default softkey sensitivity.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last thing, can you make the Acer Liquid Metal Camera work on this ROM and include it by default?

Is is available here: http://android.modaco.com/content/acer-liq...or-lcr-f-1-x-x/

I already tried to put it on /system/apps overwriting the original camera, but it doesn't even show an icon on the launcher.

You could try to contact vache to see if he helps.

Edited by rjscosta

Looks like all these problems are due to old settings mixed up. As I said already: wipe, flash, don't restore settings with Titanium (only user apps!) and DON'T syncronise settings with your Google Account (there are checkboxes when you configure account). I had a lot of pain with this google sync.

Guest fpbasilio

really good rom but i would just like to share the issues i had after 3 days of use: (done all wipes before flashing)

1. random reboot (happened once or twice in three days).

2. lost mobile cell/data connection (no calls no data) rebooted it but still cant connect to network.. I factory reset it then was ok.

3. (dunno if rom related) i was on about 50% battery charge when i was downloading something via 3g (data of contract killer game) when suddenly phone rebooted and battery was down to 5%!

4.Music app shows all my mp3s /m4as as "unknown artist" used the app "id3 fixer" from market and it fixed most of the mp3s but not all. but after a reboot, all goes back to unknown artist again. (all my music are properly tagged afaik)

5. And of course the horrible camcorder :)

i am now contemplating if i should go back to fear, or try out gnufabios cm 6.1

edit: yep..went back to good 'ol fear4.008 i guess gingerbread is still too "hardcore" for me, or my liquid.. B)

thanks!

Edited by fpbasilio

Guest jayziac

SIP call feature also doesn't work for me (using sipgate.com & google voice forwarding), I get setup, my phone rings on incoming calls but can't hear the other side during the call, it stays connected until I hangup though.

Edited by jayziac

Guest Morris Lee
It is Stuck on a position or works a little bit oddly?

Btw about Gtalk, you could use one of modified apks present in the thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1056793

Personally, i used flashable signed zip at point 3, and runs smoothly.

(I don't know if i can post link from another forum; if not, excuse me i will remove it. :) )

Actually, compass sometimes work, but when it does, it is very choppy. Video chat is not a big deal, i am just thinking that there was an old thepasto's release that does support it out of the box, why not this one.

Guest donatosq

Hi all!

very good rom but the sms led doesn't work for me, and the overclock since 883mhz cause big instability (whith other roms i had 1036mhz whithout problems)

Edited by donatosq

Guest zorginho
hello!

is it possible to use sanity to disable proximity sensor?

uhmmm why? this's one of a few roms that has a fully functional sensors.