get involved

Guest fards

Guest WakeRider89

kinda sad seeing people posting good ideas on the site only to have some retard come back with a comment about picking up a samsung or some other device because it's supported by cyanogen. Seems like there needs to be a lot of support from this community here and the other streak websites to really get an reaction from dell.

already went a voted for all of the streak ideas on there

Guest rebski
Voice your opinion, lets get the streak and future dell androids opened up and better supported

http://bit.ly/j9zVs0

I remain confused on this, hasn't Dell already made it clear that information that is being asked for is not Dell's to give?

Guest Azurren

That's the thing.. Dell isn't listening, the proper departments (if any) probably don't even know that that site exists let alone that someone has posted something asking them directly.

Imo repeatedly asking Dell for anything is like beating a dead horse with a stick. It just wont do any good! Dell are under no obligation to update their device or release anything. It would be an incredibly poor business decision to release any propriety drivers as that would open the floodgates and oblige them to release and support every single device they have on the market now as well as any future releases

Basic business ethics

The honeycomb licensing requires manufacturers to support their devices and keep them updated with the latest firmware for x amount of time. This is great for people buying honecomb devices but makes the chances of older devices being officially updated close to zero.

We would all over the moon if Dell were to support the Streak further, but posting on random sites or making on-line petitions will do little good ;)

Pessimistic, I know. But I can remember going through the exact same with the Pulse. Alot of wasted time and effort there

Guest Diomed

They should know the consequences of not supporting their users. It worked with HTC.

kinda sad seeing people posting good ideas on the site only to have some retard come back with a comment about picking up a samsung or some other device because it's supported by cyanogen. Seems like there needs to be a lot of support from this community here and the other streak websites to really get an reaction from dell.

already went a voted for all of the streak ideas on there

I really hope Dell supports the developer communities more. The 5" screen is wonderful, and I'd love to get the next version.

Guest ClippinWings
We would all over the moon if Dell were to support the Streak further, but posting on random sites or making on-line petitions will do little good

except, you know, like last time... when it worked.

Guest Azurren
except, you know, like last time... when it worked.

I was under the impression that Dell Updated to 2.1 because they promised it at launch and 2.2(.2) so that they could claim its Adobe Flash compatible

But if you have links to show 2 way conversations between the community and Dell PR I would love to see it ;)

Guest fards
I was under the impression that Dell Updated to 2.1 because they promised it at launch and 2.2(.2) so that they could claim its Adobe Flash compatible

But if you have links to show 2 way conversations between the community and Dell PR I would love to see it ;)

azurren that isn't a random petition or website.. you appear to have a very strong opinion that isn't based on fact..

Dell act on the ideastorms that get voted the best.

for your information I got sent that link by a dell employee who said "rally the troops and get it promoted", ergo its likely to be picked up and acted upon.

The issue with the streak drivers is that the guy who *was* in charge of the mobile team was a moron, and didnt think anyone would want source code. the current team is a load of the linux guys, who do want it opened up.

the more community support, the more likely the top guys will be to make sure that the streak situation isn't repeated again.

Guest Azurren
azurren that isn't a random petition or website.. you appear to have a very strong opinion that isn't based on fact..

Dell act on the ideastorms that get voted the best.

for your information I got sent that link by a dell employee who said "rally the troops and get it promoted", ergo its likely to be picked up and acted upon.

The issue with the streak drivers is that the guy who *was* in charge of the mobile team was a moron, and didnt think anyone would want source code. the current team is a load of the linux guys, who do want it opened up.

the more community support, the more likely the top guys will be to make sure that the streak situation isn't repeated again.

Seems I completely missed the giant Dell logo at the top of the page ;)

Sorry I'm used to dealing with "lesser" companies who don't give two hoots if the users are happy or repeatedly banging their heads against their desks

I completely missed the point in this thread. And yes I have a very strong opinion about this subject (Although it seems very misplaced here) as I was one of the forerunners of trying to get Huawei and T-Mobile to at first release the 2.1 update. Then to fix their God-Damned 2.1 update (Which lost half the text messages received) and release the source. What we got for our efforts was the officail 2.1 update removed from the official T-Mobile site :P

I just didn't want anyone to go through all that again :D

Guest fards
Seems I completely missed the giant Dell logo at the top of the page ;)

Sorry I'm used to dealing with "lesser" companies who don't give two hoots if the users are happy or repeatedly banging their heads against their desks

I completely missed the point in this thread. And yes I have a very strong opinion about this subject (Although it seems very misplaced here) as I was one of the forerunners of trying to get Huawei and T-Mobile to at first release the 2.1 update. Then to fix their God-Damned 2.1 update (Which lost half the text messages received) and release the source. What we got for our efforts was the officail 2.1 update removed from the official T-Mobile site :D

I just didn't want anyone to go through all that again :D

we've got quite a lot more out of dell than that :P (although not all we wanted), if you're on #dellstreak irc I'll explain sometime..

Guest londonzombie

Just added most post to the IdeaStorm. I have to admit, I'm impressed that Dell even have this, And to see that Dell are actually posting back with results is great.

Lets hope they hear us........