• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

cheltenham2004

cheltenham2004

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Devices:Nokia E90,Omnia M2D04
Well thought I would kick this off, I have preordered on with Clove, due for release in the next 5 to 10 days ;)

sev7en

sev7en

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:n93
Glad for this new section!

sev7en from Italy, it's coming here too... ETA for next week, 20 almost! I am on it ;)

SinSilla

SinSilla

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 3D
Hey!

I´ve got mine pre-ordered as well. Carrier says calender-week 26, but i'm expecting to see some movement next week. Excited as hell! :P

The employees in my local O2 shop are starting to look freaked out as soon as they see me creepin in front of their shop. ;)

Edited by SinSilla, 09 June 2011 - 08:58 PM.

mmace

mmace

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Android, Amiga, technology, IT
    Can't believe how long I've been a member here!
  • Devices:Galaxy Nexs, SPAM T20 tablet
  • Twitter:@maffmace
Once my bro sells his HTC Sensation and pays me for the Galaxy S II I gave him I'll be ordering

anyone wanna buy a sensation on eBay? ;)

cheltenham2004

cheltenham2004

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Guys this is wierd same guys same phone different forum ;)

PaulOBrien

PaulOBrien

It's My Party

• Founder
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,366 posts
  • Devices:All the Nexus!
  • Twitter:@paulobrien
Hi all! I have one! :)

P

You can follow me on Twitter - http://twitter.com/paulobrien / Follow MoDaCo on Twitter - http://twitter.com/modaco

Want to donate? MoDaCo is raising money for the Multiple Sclerosis society.

Posted Image

cheltenham2004

cheltenham2004

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
Hi Paul,

What software date is yours running

motorsportgod

motorsportgod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:se x10i sgs2 sonytablet s
I am seriously thinking ofgoing from my x10i to this in the next few days, but how good will it run 64 emulator?

alexatkin

alexatkin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario
Mine is being delivered tomorrow, my first Android handset.

Its going to be a pain coming from the N900, I will really miss the keyboard and particularly the dedicated two stage camera button. But I realised I needed a bigger screen to reduce the need to zoom web pages. That and I couldn't live without dedicated Apps any more.

I am hoping I can at least swap the 3D button to be used for taking photos with the camera instead, even if it presumably doesn't have the half-press to focus option. I think it was a bit silly of them not to have it double as a camera shutter button as stock, its not like you are likely to want to leave the camera open while switching to other 3D applications anyway.

Edited by alexatkin, 04 July 2011 - 06:44 PM.

SinSilla

SinSilla

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 3D
Got mine yesterday!

I'm very pleased, surpassed all my expectations so far. From build quality to 3D quality and speed...and it only gets better over time with gingerbread and probably ice cream sandwich in the pipeline. :)

alexatkin

alexatkin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:MDA Vario
I was rather expecting to be hugely disappointed, especially after reading the problems with the 2X. However so far the Optimus 3D is amazing with the only slightly annoying thing being how obvious the parallax barrier is in 3D mode. It makes the screen appear to have vertical scan lines, but other than that the 3D is so much better than the 3DS and the screen is REALLY good for an LCD.

One thing that puzzles me though is why on earth does this thing have DLNA server support? Considering I could have terabytes of videos on my server but a maximum of 40GB on the Optimus 3D, it makes little sense to use it as a server and LOTS of sense to use it as a client, which doesn't seem to be possible. The catch there being that while no doubt there is software on there able to act as a DLNA client, I need stereoscopic 3D support as I wanted to watch some 3D movies without constantly messing about copying over to the SD card.

Still, other than that niggle which I'm sure will get fixed eventually (or I missed something obvious, still getting used to Android) I am really impressed. If this is what Android 2.2.2 is like, I can't wait to see it on 2.3.4 (or whatever the planned upgrade is).

iKrautDroid

iKrautDroid

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Skate, HD2, Galaxy S
No way! The 3DS kills the optimus!

rew2

rew2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Devices:samsung Omnia
The phone is just wonderful! Got mine 2 days ago!

jimakos29

jimakos29

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Got one since 3 days and it is marvellous. Gave an sgs2 as doa to shop (had burnt pixels,plus temp problems were annoying due to it being too thin you could feel the heat very intensely) and i have to say it amazed me in a way sgs2 couldn't. Runs on 10c evrsion of the firmware and battery lasts enough on really heavy usage (3d almost always on in games photos vids etc, and some really long 3d gaming sessions). Got to say lg overdid themselves with this one :) I am so glad my x10 kicked the bucket and had to swap phones even though my first choice was not so good (sgs2) . Luckily it had the pixels prob....

motorsportgod

motorsportgod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:se x10i sgs2 sonytablet s
I ended up getting the sgs 2, tried both out for hours and just liked the sgs2 better, still might get the optimus 3d tho cause i dont have anything against it, i was actually tempted to forgo both for an atrix..... but naaaa i need a 4.3 these days to watch movies better {i fly alot}

cabalo

cabalo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:LG Optimus 3D / ZTE Libra
Got one of these yesterday.
It's a great piece of hardware, blazing fast and with great build quality. I'm quite happy with it so far, 3D works amazingly and the 3D photos are a showstopper anywhere you go.

Luckily, CM7 is on the verge to be fully supported on this device, and that is something I can't wait for. There's already a beta version out there, with almost every functionality available, but as soon as the nightlies start rolling out, this one is a killer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users