Android 2.3 rolling out on Desire! =(

Guest Christo0908

Guest Christo0908

;) they've changed it, this morning it said HTC Desire and Desire HD and there was a picture of them both... ah well maybe whoever wrote it got the wrong end of the stick as usual

Update: This was the original Tweet, got my hopes up for nothing it must have been a mix up!

Link: http://twitter.com/#!/top10uk/status/79138660582301697

Edited by Christo0908

Guest Christo0908

that's pretty creepy, the SECOND I just made a new thread saying this, I clicked back to here and here was your comment o.O

Guest longy92

Its so ridiculous that HTC announced it and then withdrew that statement.... Now they need to release some s*** for the developers to mess around with. They should give them more than some leaks. I think WE should be allowed decide if the Desire gets GingerBread or not, not HTC. That is all..

Guest BanDit1

Desire and Gingerbread Update

Update: 16.06.11

To resolve Desire's memory issue and enable the upgrade to Gingerbread, we will cut select apps from the release. Look for status updates starting next week. We apologize for any confusion.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/notes/htc-uk/desir...225607660802056

I can almost live with that- but my Desire is that Paul makes a GB kitchen because now it's rooting time again. HTC is not an option anymore. And Im more than happy to donate a few bucks for a good "cooking session" ;-)

So Please Paul- cook some good Ginger-stuff- I'm hungry....

Guest longy92
Desire and Gingerbread Update

Update: 16.06.11

To resolve Desire's memory issue and enable the upgrade to Gingerbread, we will cut select apps from the release. Look for status updates starting next week. We apologize for any confusion.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/notes/htc-uk/desir...225607660802056

I can almost live with that- but my Desire is that Paul makes a GB kitchen because now it's rooting time again. HTC is not an option anymore. And Im more than happy to donate a few bucks for a good "cooking session" ;-)

So Please Paul- cook some good Ginger-stuff- I'm hungry....

I second that! I love the FroYo kitchen, and I Desire a GingerBread one with Sense :P

Please Paul, fix us up one ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pd555
I second that! I love the FroYo kitchen, and I Desire a GingerBread one with Sense :rolleyes:

Please Paul, fix us up one :)

Sorry to say I doubt Paul will do a Gingerbread based rom. I've long given up on that I'm afraid.

I've been using Reflex S v2.1.7 GingerBread 2.3.3 over at XDA for a few days and it's great so I'd recommend trying that. Especially like the new lock screen with weather (or whatever you like) and the CRT off/on animation.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest texmaxx
Sorry to say I doubt Paul will do a Gingerbread based rom. I've long given up on that I'm afraid.

I've been using Reflex S v2.1.7 GingerBread 2.3.3 over at XDA for a few days and it's great so I'd recommend trying that. Especially like the new lock screen with weather (or whatever you like) and the CRT off/on animation.

+1

Reflex is awesome! Give it a try!

Guest longy92

QUOTE(pd555 @ Jun 29 2011, 15:17) Sorry to say I doubt Paul will do a Gingerbread based rom. I've long given up on that I'm afraid.

+1

Reflex is awesome! Give it a try!

Hi,

Does it work with HTCSense.com? Can you link it with that, even though the Desire isn't technically a supported device?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Daz555

Those wanting some GB love on their Desire right now should head over XDA and check out LeeDroid's Desire HD port - Sense 3.0 addons, the lot.

An early release but an absolutely first class bit of work from Lee.

Guest crisdo98

i agree, iv just got a desire today and installed leedroidHD, its amazing

Thanks for the recommendations but we all have the 'Desire' and not 'HD' :S

Guest will8578

ha clever clogs so do i, lee has ported it to the desire!!! but im actually using miui now, funny thing is iv never liked the sense ui, the miui is awwwwwwwwwesome lol

Guest crisdo98

ha clever clogs so do i, lee has ported it to the desire!!! but im actually using miui now, funny thing is iv never liked the sense ui, the miui is awwwwwwwwwesome lol

nice.. struggling to find it. Would you mind please providing a link please. I'm using Coolexe's Sense 3.0 build and it's sooo laggy that I can't answer my phone before people hang up :(

Edited by crisdo98

Guest will8578

http://miuiandroid.com/

this is the british website for miui or there's the original miui website, i hope thats what you mean, or if you mean the leedroid rom its on desire xda forums, i would say the oxygen rom by adamg is the best aosp rom, leedroidhd best sense, but my word the miui roms are a world apart, well i think so, iv just downloaded the bogstandard rom from miui but on xda xavierjohn does a modded version, hope that all helps