• Please log in to reply
155 replies to this topic

Xann

Xann

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Devices:Huawei U8800H
Alright, so I have to backup the original file before replacing it. ;)
As for the theme, just rename it to update.zip, and select 'apple update from sdcard', am I right...?

That-Guy

That-Guy

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

Alright, so I have to backup the original file before replacing it. :D
As for the theme, just rename it to update.zip, and select 'apple update from sdcard', am I right...?

Yes backup the original recovery just incase ;)

No you don't need to rename the zip file just go into Clockwork and select "Install zip from SD Card"

Good Luck :P

Huawei U8800 / Ideos X5 - Rooted & Unlocked
Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery 5.5.0.4 | Rom: Android 2.3.5 - Official Huawei Final Release
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 (un-modified) | Partitions: Stock Partition Layout

....:::: Ultimate Guide to the Huawei U8800 ::::....
Rooting | Custom ROMs | ClockworkMod | Themes | Other Hacks & Tweaks

[U8800] [How To] Root, Install ClockworkMod + Remove Bundled Apps from Official 2.3.5

Posted Image

WEBSITE - TWITTER - GOOGLE+ - BLOG

Xann

Xann

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Great! Haha, thanks for your help mate! Really appreciate it. =D

Edited: Tested the theme by Flibblesan, it's not working, keeps stuck at IDEOS logo and reboot (infinite loop). Now revert back to the original, hope everything's fine. Gonna try again tomorrow. Almost got a heart attack thought I bricked my phone. Haha. :x

Edited by Xann, 16 June 2011 - 08:48 PM.

primozkoco

primozkoco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Devices:Ideos x5
Good to see there is some working on this phone.

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,639 posts

Great! Haha, thanks for your help mate! Really appreciate it. =D

Edited: Tested the theme by Flibblesan, it's not working, keeps stuck at IDEOS logo and reboot (infinite loop). Now revert back to the original, hope everything's fine. Gonna try again tomorrow. Almost got a heart attack thought I bricked my phone. Haha. :x

Which ROM are you using on your phone?

primozkoco

primozkoco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts
It works for me great ,but i really miss the percentage of battery left in the right top corner.

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,639 posts

It works for me great ,but i really miss the percentage of battery left in the right top corner.

I'll work on adding that soon ;)

Xann

Xann

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Which ROM are you using on your phone?

I'm using U8800HV100R001C00B136. ;)

Cirno

Cirno

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Devices:Huawei U8800 Ideos X5

I'm using U8800HV100R001C00B136. ;)

Ouch !
You used a theme designed for U8800 packages, however using a U8800H and using the rom designed for it, not good :S

Xann

Xann

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Oh, my bad, guess I have no luck then. Have to wait for the official GB update from Huawei. ;)

Cirno

Cirno

Diehard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Devices:Huawei U8800 Ideos X5

Oh, my bad, guess I have no luck then. Have to wait for the official GB update from Huawei. ;)

Well not necessarily but if someone fixes a theme setting for you that would be cool right?

Xann

Xann

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Yes of course it'd be cool if someone willing to help me out, but I thought the difference between U8800 and U8800H is just the HSDPA speed. Now only knew the firmware is different as well. =x

TheManicGibbon

TheManicGibbon

Diehard

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade, Nexus S, Nexus 7
  • Twitter:@JGMSoftware
I'm kind of at a loss to explain my use in this thread any more :P ;)

I'm seeking help on my apk recompiling problems, but does anyone want me to update my themes or are you just gonna use flibblesan's now?

I can maybe do that for you, do you want a circle battery mod or just percentage figures shown in the standard battery? And if so do you want that in 10% or 1% increments?

That-Guy

That-Guy

Hardcore

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,113 posts

I'm kind of at a loss to explain my use in this thread any more :D ;)

I'm seeking help on my apk recompiling problems, but does anyone want me to update my themes or are you just gonna use flibblesan's now?
I can maybe do that for you, do you want a circle battery mod or just percentage figures shown in the standard battery? And if so do you want that in 10% or 1% increments?

Yes please keep updating your theme :P

Flibblesan created his for his ROM he is releasing, would still be great just to have a dedicated theme :D

Huawei U8800 / Ideos X5 - Rooted & Unlocked
Recovery: ClockworkMod Recovery 5.5.0.4 | Rom: Android 2.3.5 - Official Huawei Final Release
Kernel: 2.6.35.7 (un-modified) | Partitions: Stock Partition Layout

....:::: Ultimate Guide to the Huawei U8800 ::::....
Rooting | Custom ROMs | ClockworkMod | Themes | Other Hacks & Tweaks

[U8800] [How To] Root, Install ClockworkMod + Remove Bundled Apps from Official 2.3.5

Posted Image

WEBSITE - TWITTER - GOOGLE+ - BLOG

primozkoco

primozkoco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

I'm kind of at a loss to explain my use in this thread any more :D ;)

It doesnt really matter what it is just it has to show percentege and be as accurate as it can be. Thanks for doing this :P

TheManicGibbon

TheManicGibbon

Diehard

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Yes please keep updating your theme ;)

Flibblesan created his for his ROM he is releasing, would still be great just to have a dedicated theme :D

Sure, as soon as I get this apk recompiling problem worked out I'll have an update for you!

It doesnt really matter what it is just it has to show percentege and be as accurate as it can be. Thanks for doing this :D

I'll give you one in 10% increments the now and maybe tomorrow I'll work on a 1% one for you :P

EDIT: Percentage one added to first post!

Edited by TheManicGibbon, 17 June 2011 - 07:20 PM.

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,639 posts
Did the quick walkthrough of what I did to edit and rebuild the framework not help you? I had problems with apktool trying to rebuild your framework so I just edited a fresh stock framework again. Maybe your problems are due to this?

TheManicGibbon

TheManicGibbon

Diehard

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Did the quick walkthrough of what I did to edit and rebuild the framework not help you? I had problems with apktool trying to rebuild your framework so I just edited a fresh stock framework again. Maybe your problems are due to this?

I'm having problems editing styles.xml on my Blade themes too. Tomorrow I'll try just pulling the stock framework-res.apk from FLB and making the changes. Everything else I can do fine, just the files that recompile to resources.arsc giving me grief. I'll have another look at your guide. BTW, does framework-res.apk need to be signed after I edit XML files? I have signapktic from the market on my Blade.

Cheers

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,639 posts

I'm having problems editing styles.xml on my Blade themes too. Tomorrow I'll try just pulling the stock framework-res.apk from FLB and making the changes. Everything else I can do fine, just the files that recompile to resources.arsc giving me grief. I'll have another look at your guide. BTW, does framework-res.apk need to be signed after I edit XML files? I have signapktic from the market on my Blade.

Cheers

Nope, don't resign. Also my guide isn't totally right so let me fix it ;)

Edit: Updated. If it gets too confusing give me a shout.

TheManicGibbon

TheManicGibbon

Diehard

• Developer Team
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Nope, don't resign. Also my guide isn't totally right so let me fix it B)

Edit: Updated. If it gets too confusing give me a shout.

Those instructions were perfect. I followed them to the letter, using 7-Zip instead of WinRAR, but my Blade still doesn't boot. 100% exactly what you said, as with every other tutorial I've followed! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users