5 replies to this topic

brownieplant

brownieplant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Devices:LG p970
hey,
does anyone know how to remove the shutter sound? it's really annoying ;)

jake_in_notts

jake_in_notts

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

hey,
does anyone know how to remove the shutter sound? it's really annoying ;)

its an option on the camera not to have shutter, however you still get a bleep as it focuses. depending on what focus mode you use this can be removed however the phone doesnt remember that you changed that option (what a pain)

there is no way of stopping the video making sound when filming that i have found

all in all pretty crap

I can find the file in system/media /audio/ui however i am unable to replace it with a quiet version, I have not found the focus sound however. Not sure why i cant delete it as i have root access. (using both astro and android commander)

Edited by jake_in_notts, 12 June 2011 - 09:20 AM.

abgar

abgar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Devices:LG P970

Not sure why i cant delete it as i have root access. (using both astro and android commander)

I had same problem when removing unnecessary LG crapware. Try SD Maid. It worked for me.

spyb0y

spyb0y

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Devices:Lg Optimus Black

its an option on the camera not to have shutter, however you still get a bleep as it focuses. depending on what focus mode you use this can be removed however the phone doesnt remember that you changed that option (what a pain)

there is no way of stopping the video making sound when filming that i have found
all in all pretty crap

I can find the file in system/media /audio/ui however i am unable to replace it with a quiet version, I have not found the focus sound however. Not sure why i cant delete it as i have root access. (using both astro and android commander)

the system partition is read only even if you have root, you have to make that partition read/write. after that you are giving wrightes to that specific folder, in this case /system/media/audio/ui .... and only now you can delete and copy whatever you like in there...;) if you want a detailed guide i`ll help you

giacaz

giacaz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
hi,
i tryied to search everywhere about removing shutter sound on LG Optimus Black only when my device is in "silent mode".

I have found a guide about a Samung Galaxy S:
1) you have to become a root user
2) go on root/data/ folder
3) create a new file called local.prop
4) open the file local.prop with a text editor and add the following text: ro.camera.sound.forced=0
5) add a blank line at the end of the file and save it
6) reboot your phone

Do someone here knows if this works also for our LG Optimus Black?

giacaz

giacaz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

hi,
i tryied to search everywhere about removing shutter sound on LG Optimus Black only when my device is in "silent mode".

I have found a guide about a Samung Galaxy S:
1) you have to become a root user
2) go on root/data/ folder
3) create a new file called local.prop
4) open the file local.prop with a text editor and add the following text: ro.camera.sound.forced=0
5) add a blank line at the end of the file and save it
6) reboot your phone

Do someone here knows if this works also for our LG Optimus Black?

i tryied myself to do that, but doesn't work :blink:
any solution?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users