Screen broke?

Guest Briggykins

Guest Briggykins

Hi guys,

I've had my Vega for a couple of months now, have used it only sparingly while I'm revising for an exam and planned to really get to know it after the exam. Unfortunately today I've come to turn it on and found that only the top quarter of the screen seems to be working.

I'm running the Modaco r8 ROM which had been working fine. The tablet has been sitting under the bed and was working fine last time I used it. I can't get past the unlock screen because only the top row of buttons (using the pattern unlock) respond to touch, and therefore I can't flash it or configure anything. Anybody have any ideas, or is it a trip to PC World for me?

Cheers,

Briggs

Guest gebby
Hi guys,

I've had my Vega for a couple of months now, have used it only sparingly while I'm revising for an exam and planned to really get to know it after the exam. Unfortunately today I've come to turn it on and found that only the top quarter of the screen seems to be working.

I'm running the Modaco r8 ROM which had been working fine. The tablet has been sitting under the bed and was working fine last time I used it. I can't get past the unlock screen because only the top row of buttons (using the pattern unlock) respond to touch, and therefore I can't flash it or configure anything. Anybody have any ideas, or is it a trip to PC World for me?

Cheers,

Briggs

hold down the power button for at least 6 secs, try reboot, if that fails, try to install the stock rom, if that fails take it back ;)

Guest Briggykins

I've tried the reboot...I'm unsure about how to install the stock rom without access to the menus? I can't get my PC to detect the Vega, presumably because it won't let me set the USB mode.

Guest premieral
I've tried the reboot...I'm unsure about how to install the stock rom without access to the menus? I can't get my PC to detect the Vega, presumably because it won't let me set the USB mode.

To reflash the stock rom you dont need the touchscreen so i would go to myadventvega and follow the restore instructions' at least then if the screen is duff you are on stock rom when you return it

Guest Briggykins

Ah, yeah, forgot about recovery mode. Done that now but the screen is still broke so it's back to the big shop for the little Vega. Thanks for the help all ;)