How much branding in Orange Atrix

Guest JonStatt

Guest JonStatt

I am getting impatient for the generic Atrix to come out. I assume that if I got hold of an Orange one, that at some point I would be able to reflash it with a generic stock Motorola ROM?

But in the meantime, I was curious how much Orange branding there is on an Orange Atrix? I understand the phone itself is not branded on the casing. But I was wondering about splash screens at start-up/shutdown, icons etc etc?

Thanks,

Jonathan

Guest Sandiman
I am getting impatient for the generic Atrix to come out. I assume that if I got hold of an Orange one, that at some point I would be able to reflash it with a generic stock Motorola ROM?

But in the meantime, I was curious how much Orange branding there is on an Orange Atrix? I understand the phone itself is not branded on the casing. But I was wondering about splash screens at start-up/shutdown, icons etc etc?

Thanks,

Jonathan

The only one I have seen has nothing Orange related to it at all except when you click on the browser that takes you to ann Orange website.

That is easy to bypass by using the Google search (or whatever takes your fancy, Firefox etc,) instead. ;)

Guest JonStatt
The only one I have seen has nothing Orange related to it at all except when you click on the browser that takes you to ann Orange website.

That is easy to bypass by using the Google search (or whatever takes your fancy, Firefox etc,) instead. ;)

I got a hold of an Orange one today since I posted my message. There seems to be 2 Orange apps, Orange Wednesday and Orance accounts. So I flashed the French Orange firmware on the phone, which seems to have no branding/apps at all. The only thing is there are three less apps icons than the UK one, so I have been trying to figure out what is missing over the UK version.

Guest Sandiman
I got a hold of an Orange one today since I posted my message. There seems to be 2 Orange apps, Orange Wednesday and Orance accounts. So I flashed the French Orange firmware on the phone, which seems to have no branding/apps at all. The only thing is there are three less apps icons than the UK one, so I have been trying to figure out what is missing over the UK version.

Orange Wendays and Orange Accounts have as far as I can remember been on every Android phone I have had and yes I have had a few of them.

Edited by Sandiman

Guest joff01

Same here, I'm not sure what happened at Orange HQ but the Atrix got away with hardly any meddling. Maybe Orange decided that constantly annoying customers with over branding wasn't worth doing on the Atrix, or perhaps the Atrix/Motoblur was too complex for them to work with.

Either way, it's a result for us!