HTC Legend V. Orange San Francisco
Posted 15 June 2011 - 08:43 PM
Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:41 PM
Posted 16 June 2011 - 04:15 PM
Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:49 PM
Posted 17 June 2011 - 08:30 PM
Posted 18 June 2011 - 12:12 PM
A second hand rooted and custom rommed blade on eBay is now £90/100 and a legend is about the same! I think i shall sell my blade and get a Legend if its an upward step? or should i add around £60 extra and buy a desire?
The desire 1ghz makes a massive difference. I can't wait for my contract to be up to get something a bit faster, I find the cpu and lack of memory limiting....so I'd get the Desire out of the three.
Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:52 PM
European versions of Blade have AMOLED screen, so both devices are based on this screen techno.
The pros about the Legend vs the Blade :
- unibody, it is stronger, better finished
- the camera : it's not only an MegaPixels affair, the Blade delivers really poor quality pictures
With the Legend I can take picture of serial numbers on my servers at datacenter, pictures of articles on newspapers...
With the Blade it is impossible because pictures are always blury (autofocus problem ? I know other persons who have the same issue on Blade, so it is a common to this model)
- the screen displays more colors
- Legend has search button which Blade doesn't
- the sound quality out of the jack connector is better on HTC
I found that the sound is better on Legend than on HTC Desire
- battery last longer on the Legend (but some CyanogenMod releases have battery drain issue...)
- the screen size is bigger : 3.5 inches vs 3.2 on Legend, this is really more comfortable
- the screen resolution is better : 800x480, so it's not equal to iPhone 4 density, but better than Android devices 3.7 and up screen sizes which share the same resolution
The density of pixels on this Blade is a very good point
- The ZTE device is not shipped with damn boot security like HTC hboot...
So it is really easy to plays with custom roms and you can update ClockWorkMod
- permanent rooting the ZTE tooked less than 1 minute (maybe some hours for my protected Legend)
- desimlock the ZTE tooked less than 1 minute
- ZTE Blade runs smoothly with ROMs like Complete Android Experience Monfro release, more than Legend with CyanogenMod7
- the weight : Blade has a bigger screen but is lighter (plastic vs aluminium)
- physical buttons are better on Blade, they are Sony-Ericsson Xperia like, but I think they are even better than Xperia series.
The buttons on Blade (and on Legend) are enlighted, the back button can be used as notification led.
Some buttons on my Legend do not click well now, on the Blade, they still are OK
- My Blade is shipped with 512 MB of RAM, and my Legend with 384 MB (which is more than my HTC Hero which has less...)
- My Blade GEN1 is converted to GEN2 and has a bigger partition to install apps to internal memory.
- the Blade has not the curved profile like the Legend. This one point is very personnal, but I often take my smartphone onto my jeans and prefer the Blade for that.
- the GPS fix faster on Blade, on the Legend it is often a pain to get localized
But since, it's the same SoC on both ZTE Blade and HTC Legend, taking a picture takes some time to be achieved.
For all other purposes, I prefer Blade.
As far as I know the ZTE Blade is not shipped with AMOLED display on every countries.
So check if your Orange San Francisco has this display.
Now, i always got a real compact camera Sony TX10 with me, so I don't use the Legend anymore.
Edited by survietamine, 29 September 2011 - 07:18 AM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users