Weather app on first device.

Guest oldhippy

Guest oldhippy

Hi all,

Well it seems I was beaten to my first device by my other half, who has bought herself a Samsung phone. Installed is the Accu weather clock/weather app and when I went to set it up my sausage fingers hit the wrong Marlow in the settings and is now giving weather for Australia and not Buckinghamshire!

So I have tried this and that and looked in settings etc and can't fiind how I change it! Any help would be gratefully received. The phone is the Samsung Galaxy Apollo if that helps.

Guest flshg

Try tapping on the clock face to open up the options (guessing its to set up alarms), then try pressing the menu key. That might give you options to change the location.

If all else fails, theres an option for 'factory reset' which will clear all settings so you'll have to set everything up again.

Edited by flshg

Guest oldhippy
Try tapping on the clock face to open up the options (guessing its to set up alarms), then try pressing the menu key. That might give you options to change the location.

If all else fails, theres an option for 'factory reset' which will clear all settings so you'll have to set everything up again.

Thanks for the reply Flshg, With the clock face tapped I get the full weather app then I can pull up a menu that has a number of options, one of which is "My City List" but only gives the saved Marlow Australia and no obvious way of editing it. Must be a way of editing it without a reset surely?...

Any other thoughts most welcome!

Guest oldhippy

Cheers Pete. I might try that.. I have found an alternative for now. I just couldn't understand the My Cities thing and wheter it was part of the phone or just the app.

Guest flshg

Accuweather is part of the phone (its a system app) so cant be easily reinstalled. When you enter the 'my cities' list, you could try pressing 'menu' again, or long press on marlow, and see if that gives you extra options to remove/edit the location.

Guest oldhippy

Thanks for replying again, I have just attacked the phone again and found how to do it.

Got it sorted by going into the My Cities list then menu and add the one you want and set as default, then you can delete the one you don't! Thanks for your help..

Oldhippy

Hi all,

Well it seems I was beaten to my first device by my other half, who has bought herself a Samsung phone. Installed is the Accu weather clock/weather app and when I went to set it up my sausage fingers hit the wrong Marlow in the settings and is now giving weather for Australia and not Buckinghamshire!

So I have tried this and that and looked in settings etc and can't fiind how I change it! Any help would be gratefully received. The phone is the Samsung Galaxy Apollo if that helps.

I quite like Go Weather, it's pretty, and easy enough to use.