Who runs a task killer

Guest gypsydigi

Guest gypsydigi

Ive been told not to bother running a task killer because android does a good job of cleaning up memory.. But lets say you have a program running in the background (like a game) and you want to kill it right away. what do people use? something quicker then going into settings... applications.. running apps..

Guest cdzo72
Ive been told not to bother running a task killer because android does a good job of cleaning up memory.. But lets say you have a program running in the background (like a game) and you want to kill it right away. what do people use? something quicker then going into settings... applications.. running apps..

Well, it would depend on what you are trying to accomplish by killing the task.

One of the reasons I use GO Launcher is because of the integrated task killer. You set up which apps are locked and at your whim you can kill all apps which you haven't whitelisted. I also use AutoRun Manager and AutoKill Memory Optimizer. AutoRun does a wonderful job of letting me decide what runs at boot and what doesn't. AutoKill automatically shuts down non essential apps when I run another app that needs the extra memory. And thirdly, I also use another program called TaskXP for multi-tasking, which also has a whitelist feature for task killing if I see fit. Using all that together, I easily get a day and a half out of my Streak's battery because no BS runs in the background, ONLY what I choose to let run. But exercise caution, you can easily get trigger happy and shut down a process you need that supplements an app you expect to run. Don't make the mistake of shutting down something like Google Maps and expect to get up to date weather, or Network services and then ask why you're not getting your Gmail notifications...

Guest Azurren

With a faster phone, like the dell streak, using a task killer significantly reduces performance (As all those apps re-open themselves)

But its always nice to keep one installed as a "Ctrl Alt Delete" :)

Guest panamoncreel0

I would recommend ultimate juice defender is help save me a lot of battery. have mine sittin on aggressive and the wifi and data radio shut off when I'm not using them. Save alittle more but no task killer I also setcpu to 1.19 on smartass

Guest nickshertzer

Free Advanced Task Manager

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.a...e=search_result

More like a process viewer with direct links to the applications management system submenu or can kill process in background automated. There is also a shortcut to kill all processes that can be added to the home screen. It doesn't have any kind of scheduled task killer, just on demand. Shows applications, running services, battery usage, and direct links to uninstall menus.