Happy or not with Leaked ROM

Guest t0mm13b

Guest t0mm13b

Please take this poll and feel free to add your input into it.

State what's hot or not in it... from each individual user's experience of this leaked ROM and any other comments.

My thoughts on this to share with everyone

• Kernel is 2.6.35.7-perf and has VMSPLIT2G enabled by default!
  • No source to the kernel, as its leaked
  • CM7 from cyanogenmod uses 2.6.32 and has VMSPLIT3G
  • When ZTE publishes kernel source for 2.6.35, a few devs including Phoenix_Silver, myself, HCDRJacob, TomG are dreading the sources as was made when .32 came out - a real mess!

Am trying to gauge and find out how many users there are, and well, majority wins...

There may be a lot of conflicts/clashes/bugs to chase down if we transition across to the VMSPLIT3G model in order to make it into the CM7 Nightlies, meaning it could break everything and weird bugs could crop up....

Am not being a doomsayer as such - just to be aware of the differences and feel that this poll would serve a useful purpose.

Edited by t0mm13b

Guest Phoenix Silver

Very happy with the battery life darling :)

I prefer CM7 but it drain battery like hell in my case

Edit : pftttt forgot Kiss honey B)

Edited by Phoenix Silver

Guest t0mm13b
Very happy with the battery life darling :)

I prefer CM7 but it drain battery like hell in my case

Edit : pftttt forgot Kiss honey B)

No matter, no worry honey - a BIG KISS for you darling :D

Guest rockstarszzzz

I can't think of anything that makes me unhappy apart from the blue tooth bit. I can't seem to find a way of doing bluetooth transfer! Can't see it anywhere using any file explorer! Does stock zte not have that facility?

Guest css771

What's not to like - It's very smooth and battery life is excellent. btw, maybe you two should go somewhere a little more.. ahem... private :)

Guest crblues

I'm divided, on one hand we have a new Kernel and it brings a lot of optimizations, but on the other hand I miss some of the options in Cm7...

The best scenario would be if there could be two Rom with this kernel, one Vanilla 100%, and the other CM7. I understand that there isn't a source yet but that would be just perfect.

Guest mELIANTE

I only dislike the not Vanilla flavour, that's the reason I went back to CM7, as it has the most vanilla appearance. If there was a full vanilla (contacts and dialler) leak rom to be made I would jumpt to it :)

Edited by mELIANTE

Guest whippet

Ginger Stir Fry B3 is the fastest I've ever had a ROM go on my blade. Go Launcher (which I prefer to LP) used to lag on CM7 and others I've tried but it's smooth as silk on the new one. Will see what happens tomorrow in daily use :)

Guest jurrasstoil

I tried Stir Fry and while it's a good rom, I still prefer CM7 and the little tweaks and options it has. Obv I'd like to have a .35 kernel with all the tweaks and fixes for CM7, but i guess we'll have to wait for the source :)

Guest Mushroom_Lord

Lovely 2d graphics speed! To be honest I prefer it over Cm7 even if Cm7 has better 3d performance.

I'm using wbaws "ginger stir fry" and its very nice...

Maybe a little Oc would be nice though :)

Guest iKrautDroid
Lovely 2d graphics speed! To be honest I prefer it over Cm7 even if Cm7 has better 3d performance.

I'm using wbaws "ginger stir fry" and its very nice...

Maybe a little Oc would be nice though :)

be patient...

Guest domerator

Definiately HAPPY with this leak.

Used appr. 10 roms before and now found that this kernel is - sorry to state it - uncompareably better in battery life. I worried a lot how to survive a day with sync, email, net, talk, etc. Now 8 hours use (some net, settings, prog install-uninstall etc.) then 50 min navigation, then 30 min music play, then some net and I still have 38% in the tank... gorgeous compared to previous roms. Phone is on more than 14 hours! Even if this will be the only advantage of this rom to others in the future I stay with it.

Additionally I like the stable and fast wifi and the reliable bluetooth... both are alive when phone sleeps.

GPS works like charm... on-off when needed, grabs sats in 20-30 secs (even shorter).

Cons: Overall the operation is smooth but not as fast as eg. CM7. I miss the detailed settings from CM7 especially the auto brightness level settings... it could be a lovely add-on to this great leak. Also miss the plus thingies making life easier (notification area power settings, lock screen possibilities, etc.)

Hoping that ZTE releases an official GB upgrade for Blades.

A healthy mix of this leak and CM would be the best.

Thank you

Edited by domerator

Guest shadowninty

Very happy with it.

Firstly, ZTE (!), yano, the China genero phone maker has made two major software updates for a cheapie phone (€180 max).

Very impressed. Especially as I thought the first mentions were a marketing ploy. ZTE are probably the next HTC.

Secondly, not too many bugs, performed fine (i tried Wbaws first stir fry).

I have gone back to CM7, for the features basically. And cos its purdy.

I hope ZTE will release the kernel source soon :)

Guest finbaar

Has anyone paired their Blade running the leaked ROM via bluetooth with their car? CM7 did not do this last time I tried (n97) so I had to go back to FLB r11b.

Guest zabtcent

So far so good. Missing camera quality like in 2.2 roms. I know it is not that important but from time to time you use the camera and here recording videos is crap. When you hold camera stil not so bad but when you start to move the phone it gets pixelated like hell. I think it´s fixed now in CM7. Super smooth, we will se how it goes. But i think people try to put so many things in those roms now. Guys lets keep it clean. Putting those themes, etc. I think kk and rest of devs did it perfectly with 2.2 roms(separate zip with themes)

If I want stopwatch or VPN client I can download them from market, don´t you think?

Edited by zabtcent

Guest whippet
Has anyone paired their Blade running the leaked ROM via bluetooth with their car? CM7 did not do this last time I tried (n97) so I had to go back to FLB r11b.

Yes. Citroen C4 Picasso with integrated USB box. Works fine and reconnects which CM7 never did.

Guest Paden

Hi finbaar

I've successfully used Ginger Stir Fry v1 with my VW car kit.

Same as you it was all that stopped me going with CM7.

Excellent ROM apart from ugly dialler.

Love the cursor for easier text editing/

Cheers, Paul

Edited by Paden

Guest leetron1

A great start...switched from CM7 latest just today...really impressed and will stay on GSF v3 for now.

Even with a cursory try-out it just feels more 'together' than CM7.

Paid just £60 for my SanFran last Oct and major developments like this leak keep coming. What a ride...thanks to all :)