Battery Issue

Guest joshjw

Guest joshjw

Hi, I have got a new Samsung Galaxy S2 today, and after a full charge and light usage, it is on up time of 2 hour 30 mins, and from 100%, only 65% remains, I have been using it with light usage, such as navigating menus, going on internet for a few mins, all applications I have killed using adavanced task killer, at this rate it will be dead in 6 hours, that doesn't seem right to me.

I have turned wi-fi off, wi-fi sharing off, 3g isn't on and screen is 25% brightness. What should I do?

Guest petrosy
It says PDA:I9100WKE7

I am going to assume your

Phone : i9100XXKE4

Head over to XDA Dev

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1075278

There is a laundry list of software however there is an updated stock kernel

Newer kernel from ZSKE7. Make sure you load the one for your phone... there is a lot of info there and its pretty self explanitory.

You can flash it with ODIN. Should take about 10sec to flash. I use my phone quite a lot and can get about 16hrs. I have stretch a single charge to ~1.5 days. There are many customs roms but the stock standard right now is the best.

Guest joshjw
Also: the first couple of charges on LiIon batteries will suck compared to the usage after the first couple of weeks.

Should I charge it until it gets to 100% or not?

Guest petrosy
Should I charge it until it gets to 100% or not?

Ideally you want to charge it full and let it run completely down a few times.

Ideally you want to charge it full and let it run completely down a few times.

Correct. But afterwards you can charge it as you like. Just make sure to give it a full cycle every month or so.

Guest dfghggfgfd

First of all look what is consuming all your battery. I don´t know how accurate this is, but it is at least a hint.

There seems to be bug in Android 2.3.3, where "Android-System" consumes a lot of power in Standby. This doesn´t happen to every device, nor all the time. Until there is a 2.3.4-update (which apparently fixes the problem) the only thing you can do is rebooting the phone. Your phone should work normally for a while, until Android-System again drains your battery.

As Android-System in the power-consumption-view is essential a summery of all (non-kernel) system-related processes it is hard to tell what the exact problem is, but it seems that some hardware-driver fails going into Standby and Android constantly tries to shut it down. This prevents that the SoC can go to sleep-state.

Guest hondaguy

stop using advanced task killer. you dont need it at all on newer builds of android. if you have a rogue app running you can always kill it using the built in task manager. there are numerous discussions all over the internet as to why you should not be using task killers anymore, use google and search and read

Guest amitsharma.atc

hi friends

i purchased this phone

same prob here

well i can say that if you use it just like a phone (normal use) battery is not so bad

but if you want use it like a tab battery life is suck (only 4 to 5 hours)

i own a galaxy tab it has 4000 mah battery

its also least 6 to 7 hours for me

so if 4000 mah battery works 6 to 7 hours then... only 1650 mah battery is not performing bad (with dual core cpu )

but still waiting for any update which can improve battery (hope android 2.3.4 will be better then stock one)

thanks

sorry for my bad english