Presenting my first custom rom for the Huawei U8800. Built upon B137 it has been modified to improve performance where possible.
flb01.jpg 122.33KB 381 downloads flb02.jpg 70.89KB 245 downloads
- Built upon Android 2.2.2
- Fully rebuilt, zip-aligned and optimised using skillz
- Custom FLB kernel with EXT4, BFQ, Smartass, CIFS, TUN, SWAP and overclocking for those that like to live dangerously
- All pre-installed applications updated where possible
- The stock Android experience. No silly themes here
- Swype and Huawei keyboards as optional extras
- Adobe Flash updated to 10.3 and fully working
- Full stagefright enabled for awesome media playback
- Pre-rooted for convenience
- Includes Superuser by ChainsDD
- For overclocking you'll need an app like SetCPU
Please see 2 posts below this one for the changes in each release.
To install this ROM:
You will need to install recovery version 188.8.131.52 or higher to your device. Follow the Ultimate Guide for details on how to do this
Download the zip file of your choice from the links below (or the online kitchen) and copy to your SD card
Restart your device in recovery mode holding the volume up and power buttons
PERFORM A NANDROID BACKUP FROM THE MENU
Select the option to apply an update zip, and select the zip file you copied to your memory card
This ROM is now available in the online kitchen - see the post below for details! In addition to the kitchen, a prebaked download is available.
r7 (default kitchen options) - DOWNLOAD (Multiupload) - MD5: 10AA84D73C8114D7770A402BADAFE116
r6 (default kitchen options) - DOWNLOAD (Multiupload) - MD5: 92BE53FBCABD21EF664ABC9139AE6F6F
r5 (default kitchen options) - DOWNLOAD (Multiupload) - MD5: 6979A2EFDFB5B2F59F49C142DC043648
There is a bug affecting headphone detection. Ringtones and notifications are played through the phone speaker and audio routing seems broken. I will try and find a fix but this could take some time.
It's impossible to mention everyone who contributes to the Android community by name, but to everyone out there who does great work and shares it with us all - you have my gratitude and respect. And huge thanks to Paul for providing kitchen access.