• Please log in to reply
304 replies to this topic

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts
Anyone that is unable to boot my rom using the original kernel, but can boot it with SuperBoot I need your helps.

If you have the Android-SDK installed and you know how to use adb, I need logs when it freezes booting.

adb logcat

I (well, HCDRJacob) want to see the logs to try and resolve this.

hjcs

hjcs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Devices:Ideos X5

Ok, thank you. I'll take a look at the kernel code from Paul and hopefully figure something out.

I put the boot.img of Stock Rom B138 on your FLB r7 and it boot, so just work with Paul's SuperBoot and B138 Boot.

I will say in Portuguese forums to the Black Sheep useres to test your rom.

RoyalMR

RoyalMR

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Anyone that is unable to boot my rom using the original kernel, but can boot it with SuperBoot I need your helps.

If you have the Android-SDK installed and you know how to use adb, I need logs when it freezes booting.

adb logcat

I (well, HCDRJacob) want to see the logs to try and resolve this.

Hello flibblesan,

I have no longer any "black sheep" now, so I cannot be such a help. Although I owned 2 of these before swapping again and finally got a white one. I am no dev but I worked hard to understand and solve the problem. My main victory was when stockwell (from XDA) have figured out a CWMv4 that works on most of the black sheeps. Unfortunately not all, like the hjcs's one.

Anyway, I think I have a log of a logcat I made with .void. ROM (not yours :( ) where the problem was the same (stucked on IDEOS logo). Here you have it: http://dl.dropbox.co...3587974/log.txt

Meanwhile it would be nice if hjcs could do the same with FLB one.

Edited by RoyalMR, 08 August 2011 - 03:36 PM.

simplistian

simplistian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Devices:Huawei U8800H

Hello flibblesan,

I have no longer any "black sheep" now, so I cannot be such a help. Although I owned 2 of these before swapping again and finally got a white one. I am no dev but I worked hard to understand and solve the problem. My main victory was when stockwell (from XDA) have figured out a CWMv4 that works on most of the black sheeps. Unfortunately not all, like the hjcs's one.

Anyway, I think I have a log of a logcat I made with .void. ROM (not yours :( ) where the problem was the same (stucked on IDEOS logo). Here you have it: http://dl.dropbox.co...3587974/log.txt

Meanwhile it would be nice if hjcs could do the same with FLB one.

My device (U8800H HK version) will stuck at IDEOS logo with similar logcat (loop stuck at AudioHardware) with ext4 on /system with incorrect SBL and EFS version. SBL and EFS version can only be updated while flashing stock ROMs. My device will not boot with stock B136. It maybe the reason. The other reason may be related to difference of the touchscreen hardware.

Micco

Micco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
THANK YOU!!!

Works like a charm, not found anything bad yet!

im using this r7 with JGM Gingerbread theme.

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts

My device (U8800H HK version) will stuck at IDEOS logo with similar logcat (loop stuck at AudioHardware) with ext4 on /system with incorrect SBL and EFS version. SBL and EFS version can only be updated while flashing stock ROMs. My device will not boot with stock B136. It maybe the reason. The other reason may be related to difference of the touchscreen hardware.

I can understand the U8800H being different but U8800 sold in some countries don't seem to be the same.. it is very very weird.

JK-FINN

JK-FINN

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
I just got brand new U8800:s for me and a couple of my friends here in Finland. They came with factory b135.

Should I update the phones first with B138SP04 Estonia Elisa ROM? And then your r7?

Do i get newer RILs that way or anything else useful or is your r7 up-to-date, full package, and I can flash it at once?

Thank you flibblesan for your work, I followed you from the Blade land to here ;)

(Maybe I got confused in all that gen1/gen2 fuss with Blades)

Edited by JK-FINN, 11 August 2011 - 04:04 AM.

Pelemane

Pelemane

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade & Huawei U8800

I just got brand new U8800:s for me and a couple of my friends here in Finland. They came with factory b135.

Should I update the phones first with B138SP04 Estonia Elisa ROM? And then your r7?

Do i get newer RILs that way or anything else useful or is your r7 up-to-date, full package, and I can flash it at once?

Thank you flibblesan for your work, I followed you from the Blade land to here ;)

(Maybe I got confused in all that gen1/gen2 fuss with Blades)

No need to update to B138 before this. Just install cwm and flash this.

George978

George978

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Devices:Ideos X5
hi there, i tried to install the rom yesterday and it stuck at ideos logo forever...like 30 mins or so. the phone isnt a black sheep or anything, it has worked with almost all roms out there. any ideas why, i did everything by the book

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts

No need to update to B138 before this. Just install cwm and flash this.

Some phones need to be updated with a recent official firmware first to add ext4 support.

JK-FINN

JK-FINN

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Some phones need to be updated with a recent official firmware first to add ext4 support.

I just updated from official b135 directly to r7, no official b138 in between. How can I test if I have ext4 support now?

Edited by JK-FINN, 13 August 2011 - 03:49 AM.

uracoin

uracoin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:huawei ideos x5 u8800
i had problems with getting past the IDEOS screen myself in r5. but it finally got trough after multiple tries, and a factory reset beforehand.

problem was that after the flash. the phone battery life was aprox 20 hour, and there was a rapidly blinking red light on the top left of the phone.

went back to old rom, but will try r7 now.

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts

i had problems with getting past the IDEOS screen myself in r5. but it finally got trough after multiple tries, and a factory reset beforehand.

problem was that after the flash. the phone battery life was aprox 20 hour, and there was a rapidly blinking red light on the top left of the phone.

went back to old rom, but will try r7 now.

Is your phone a U8800 or branded IDEOS X5? Have you updated your device with an official rom update before installing any custom rom? I have never seen any flashing red LED on my phone.. very odd.

D0r1an

D0r1an

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Huawei u8800
Hi!
I just flashed r7 and it didn't work :(. first it showed the huawei screen, tried to boot the rom, shut , tried again and again and again...
then i put the battery out of the device, turned it on and it showed th huawei screen and nothing happened.
I made everything like said here.
I have this firmware: U8800 V100R001C00B135SP01
finally i restored my backup

Now i wonder why it didn't work?

flyingoctopus

flyingoctopus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Devices:orange san francisco
Hi,

I'm new to the U8800, and have installed this excellent ROM, but have 2 problems:

1. The Mic volume problem mentioned previously, I have a sticker over the rear mic, and it seems better....
2. In the Original Huawei ROM, there was a file manager that let you access the internal SD card, But since changing roms I cannot access this anymore
does anyone have a copy of this apk? or alternative?

apart from this everything else seems great ;o)

Micco

Micco

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade
This is how i updated U8800 V100R001C00B135SP01:

1. Installed Superboot r1. (WLAN didn't work after i installed this with factory rom.
2. Installed Perfect Recovery 4.0.0.5 by Genokolar
3. Formatted SD card from phone's settings.
4. Copied r7 rom .zip to SD card.
5. Booted into recovery, made backup, wiped Data / Factory Reset, Cache Partition and Dalvik Cache (from advanced)
6. Installed r7 from zip file from SD card.
7. When installed, just go back to recovery main menu, and choosed reboot system now.
8. Then about 5-10min it installs new rom, and starts about 5 times again, but finally it boot's right, and everything works.
9. Finally installed JGM Software Gingerbread Theme.

Quadrant standard:
Ondemand min 245, max 806: about 1800
smartass min 245, max 1017: 2000-2200
smartass min 245, max 1209: 2100-2300

Stable with 1.2GHz. I use 1GHz smartass in daily use.

I really like feature that screen doesn't wake on volume keys.

Phone has rebooted 2 times in 3 days, dunno why.

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts

8. Then about 5-10min it installs new rom, and starts about 5 times again, but finally it boot's right, and everything works.

Phone has rebooted 2 times in 3 days, dunno why.

The rom certainly should not be rebooting itself several times like that after an installation. Strange.

Reboots are most likely caused by running at 1GHz.. something is wrong in the kernel regarding overclocking and I haven't had a chance to look at this.

Pelemane

Pelemane

Addict

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Devices:ZTE Blade & Huawei U8800

Yes but he said it has finnish stock b135 and that's same I had before updating and I didn't update to b138 or anything.
So I knew that he doesn't need to update. ;)

flibblesan

flibblesan

Token Northern bloke

• Assistant Admin Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,656 posts

2. In the Original Huawei ROM, there was a file manager that let you access the internal SD card, But since changing roms I cannot access this anymore

Press the home icon in the file manager, scroll to HWUserData. This is the internal SD card.

D0r1an

D0r1an

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Devices:Huawei u8800

Hi,

I'm new to the U8800, and have installed this excellent ROM, but have 2 problems:

1. The Mic volume problem mentioned previously, I have a sticker over the rear mic, and it seems better....
does anyone have a copy of this apk? or alternative?

apart from this everything else seems great ;o)

hi!
i use "es file exporer". I think it is the best filemanager and root explorer. but when you really want the standard filemanager i can attach it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users