1 August B137 r7: FLB Custom ROM for the Huawei U8800 with Online Kitchen

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O
But on the other hand its usually the mrs on the phone so not such a bad thing B)

lol

Well it seems loud enough. Maybe there is room for improvement though :)

Guest Cirno

Wondering does the GPU render UI?

If not this should help...

@/system/build/prop

Default:

debug.sf.hw=0
New:
debug.sf.hw=1

Makes certain things snappier !

Edited by Cirno

Guest Simon O
Wondering does the GPU render UI?

If not this should help...

@/system/build/prop

Default:

debug.sf.hw=0
New:
debug.sf.hw=1

Makes certain things snappier !

It should be accelerated by default. On the blade it was disabled due to some EGL errors. Usually a manufacturer will disable this by adding "debug.sf.hw=0" to the build.prop. Huawei haven't done this here and performance is sufficiently quick for me to believe it's enabled.

Guest Cirno
It should be accelerated by default. On the blade it was disabled due to some EGL errors. Usually a manufacturer will disable this by adding "debug.sf.hw=0" to the build.prop. Huawei haven't done this here and performance is sufficiently quick for me to believe it's enabled.

Okay sounds good to know, well then I shall try out the ROM !

**EDIT**

I am wondering will you add a reboot and go to recovery mode when the power button is used?

Edited by Cirno

Guest Kaboosey

Hello guys,

I have a question.

Actually I have a stock B136 before and installed B160 custom ROM. My question is, if I wanted to use this ROM, what should I do? Is there any procedure first? Or just do it like how I flashed my stock ROM to B160?

Thanks! :)

Guest Simon O
Hello guys,

I have a question.

Actually I have a stock B136 before and installed B160 custom ROM. My question is, if I wanted to use this ROM, what should I do? Is there any procedure first? Or just do it like how I flashed my stock ROM to B160?

Thanks! :)

Make sure you have the latest recovery image installed, copy the rom to your sd card and reboot into recovery. Install the rom as normal. If you don't wipe data then you should be able to keep your currently installed apps. Of course for best performance you want to wipe data and install fresh. The rom supports google sync so once you've set up your google account your applications should be automatically re-installed.

Guest Kaboosey
Make sure you have the latest recovery image installed, copy the rom to your sd card and reboot into recovery. Install the rom as normal. If you don't wipe data then you should be able to keep your currently installed apps. Of course for best performance you want to wipe data and install fresh. The rom supports google sync so once you've set up your google account your applications should be automatically re-installed.

Alrighty!

Thanks for the info :)

Gonna download it first and will install it tomorrow. Will update you if there's anything.

Thanks!

Guest Cirno

Hey fibble I am wondering is this kernel okay with the newest setCPU, as they have added a new tab allowing direct undervolting through software.

Guest Simon O
Okay sounds good to know, well then I shall try out the ROM !

**EDIT**

I am wondering will you add a reboot and go to recovery mode when the power button is used?

It's planned for a future release

Wondering am I fooled or is this correct?

r2 is supposed to have Build number

MoDaCo Custom Rom for the U8800 r1?

Um.. that's a mistake. I'll fix it in the kitchen, but prebake will have to stay with the small cosmetic mistake.

I will add more that my camera is defect !

Same problem as.

http://android.modaco.com/content/huawei-u.../camera-faulty/

Thanks for confirming that. I'll test the new lib myself and see if it breaks my camera. If it doesn't then I'll roll it out for everyone.

Guest Simon O
Wondering the libs are different for each other ?

I mean we all use same phone right?

Yes, so I'm confused.

Anyway I've pushed liboemcamera.so to my phone and it's working fine. It's quite odd.

Guest Cirno
Yes, so I'm confused.

Anyway I've pushed liboemcamera.so to my phone and it's working fine. It's quite odd.

Cool, well I guess then we getting a r2.1 then?

Guest Kaboosey

Is it just me that can't go into photos? After I take a picture, I wanted to go into the gallery, but it seems like when I press it, nothing happens. But if I press "Switch to video", it works.

BTW, I'm on r2. :)

Edited by Kaboosey

Guest Cirno
Is it just me that can't go into photos? After I take a picture, I wanted to go into the gallery, but it seems like when I press it, nothing happens. But if I press "Switch to video", it works.

BTW, I'm on r2. :)

Confirming him too doesn't work with r1 and r2. Maybe will work with r3?

Guest Simon O

r2 seems to be a bit broken.. it's 30mb smaller than it should be! I'm uploading r3 which is correct size.. I must have broke the kitchen earlier :)

update: it's missing a load of system apps... very strange. the r3 I'm uploading is correct and the r3 built from kitchen is fine.. Sorry for the trouble guys B)

Guest ianmack
r2 seems to be a bit broken.. it's 30mb smaller than it should be! I'm uploading r3 which is correct size.. I must have broke the kitchen earlier :)

update: it's missing a load of system apps... very strange. the r3 I'm uploading is correct and the r3 built from kitchen is fine.. Sorry for the trouble guys B)

So that'll be why I am in a maze of twisty reboots all the same :-)

Flashed zip and get as far as the huawei logo, waits a few minutes then reboots.

waits for R3........

Guest Kaboosey

No worries about that, not a big deal at all. :)

Will wait for r3, test it a bit then dreamland! It's 1.45am here B)

By the way, Huawei IME is the keyboard which appears when we swipe the normal keyboard right? What I meant was the keyboard with phone keypad.

Edited by Kaboosey

Guest Simon O
No worries about that, not a big deal at all. :)

Will wait for r3, test it a bit then dreamland! It's 1.45am here B)

By the way, Huawei IME is the keyboard which appears when we swipe the normal keyboard right?

Not on my phone as it was never installed correctly.

Guest Kaboosey
Not on my phone as it was never installed correctly.

Hmm that's weird. I'll try to remove the .apk later from the bootloader then. :)