[ROM] Gingerounay 3.0.1 (05/11/2011)

Guest vache

Guest Nesli

huh, could we use Kernel module when we don´t have kernel source ? will kernel accept it and load it?

Edited by Nesli

Guest vache
huh, could we use Kernel module when we don´t have kernel source ? will kernel accept it and load it?

It's possible yes, but we need at least a config file.

You can try to build some modules and check if it works.

Guest Nesli

Nice, cause than we can OC even without source, as on Morotola Milestone with locked bootloader (and also kernel)

But if i´m correct, we must hope that clocking part of source is same on 2.2 and 2.3...

..Unfortunatelly don´t have this knowledge :) I just know how it basicly works..B) I know man who were making kernel modules for milestone, so I can try to ask him...

Guest Z3r0Th3H3r0

I am always messing my phones up!

Ok so yesterday I tried to flash to 2.0 and wiped the delvik cache like I wasn't supposed to (too bad I didn't fully read the forum!). Anyway after a lot of trouble, I downgraded to the previous GB update which worked ok and got me back to a workable phone. Unfortunately tho, I'm now not able to download any apps from the market. Everything "appears" to work at first and I even get the download arrow in my notification bar for a moment. then it dissapears and nothing is downloaded. The app will appear in my download section but its not listed as installed.

I've tried reflashing several times as well as wiping everything I could through recovery. The only other thing I can add is that when I try wiping in recovery now, I get an error

E:Can't open CACHE:recovery/log

Any help would be awesome.

I don't have a terminal app installed so I can't run logcat. I tried downloading aLogcat from the market but, well, see above...

Guest davidevinavil
I am always messing my phones up!

Ok so yesterday I tried to flash to 2.0 and wiped the delvik cache like I wasn't supposed to (too bad I didn't fully read the forum!). Anyway after a lot of trouble, I downgraded to the previous GB update which worked ok and got me back to a workable phone. Unfortunately tho, I'm now not able to download any apps from the market. Everything "appears" to work at first and I even get the download arrow in my notification bar for a moment. then it dissapears and nothing is downloaded. The app will appear in my download section but its not listed as installed.

I've tried reflashing several times as well as wiping everything I could through recovery. The only other thing I can add is that when I try wiping in recovery now, I get an error

E:Can't open CACHE:recovery/log

Any help would be awesome.

I don't have a terminal app installed so I can't run logcat. I tried downloading aLogcat from the market but, well, see above...

Also mine phone had this issue..

At the same time internal free memory was reduced to 40 Mb after a clean and wiped install..

Now I think there is some problem with ADT or recovery :/

Please check your free rom

Edited by davidevinavil

Guest Tiny Jacky
Also mine phone had this issue..

At the same time internal free memory was reduced to 40 Mb after a clean and wiped install..

Now I think there is some problem with ADT or recovery :/

Please check your free rom

Same issue here.

everything crashes after every new rom flashed

I've the same doubt that it is related to ADT, or recovery

Guest Z3r0Th3H3r0
Same issue here.

everything crashes after every new rom flashed

I've the same doubt that it is related to ADT, or recovery

Well Vache is working on a new version of the recovery which is supposed to fix some of the recovery issues when upgrading to 2.0. I'm just hoping that this is an error that will be addressed in the update.

There is something else I can try but since I can't download any tools its very difficult for me to do. Is there a key combination that will boot this phone into a bootloader so I can run fastboot commands?

I've found a fix on some other sites using fastboot for the error I have.

Guest vache
Well Vache is working on a new version of the recovery which is supposed to fix some of the recovery issues when upgrading to 2.0. I'm just hoping that this is an error that will be addressed in the update.

There is something else I can try but since I can't download any tools its very difficult for me to do. Is there a key combination that will boot this phone into a bootloader so I can run fastboot commands?

I've found a fix on some other sites using fastboot for the error I have.

Vol+ & Power, keep Vol+ pressed and you'll boot into bootloader.

About recovery, i'm searching what's wrong when mounting /data partition (make s*** and move all files into trash with strange names :/). Still no clue.

Guest davidevinavil

About recovery, i'm searching what's wrong when mounting /data partition (make s*** and move all files into trash with strange names :/). Still no clue.

So could be recovery that eat memory?

Guest Z3r0Th3H3r0

Thanks Vache.

If there's anything I can help you with let me know.

Guest DeJe63

Hello Vache,

I am using Gingerounay since version 1.2 on my MT and have to say "Thank you, thank you, thank you!".

I just updated to newest leak + v2.0. Flashed it directly over AAP-Leak, just wiped Data with previous installed RecoveryMT plus formated ext2 partition on PC. After flashing i just restored apps with Titanium Pro and all worked like a charm. So far no issue (except general GB issues like GPS switch on Tasker, ...) on my side.

Keep up the good work. MT + Gingerounay really fits together, makes this "underdog" a pretty fast and very responsive Android handset. Last not least with very good battery time. OC? Who needs OC!? :)

Guest deepfabry

Sorry vache i have a serious problem with phone i posted in davidevinavil topic ,could you see ? I dont know if is an hardware or software problem. :)

Ps:sorry now i see i have same problem B)

Edited by deepfabry

Guest lgcmn
Can someone confirm Nandroid backup and restore not working?

Noone tried so far?

i can) nandroid wasn't working on 19 & 16), also when u flash an update u can get a bootloop :)

recovery has many bugs, the only hope is vache, so let's hope he will fix it..

Edited by lgcmn

Guest astuermer
i can) nandroid wasn't working on 19 & 16), also when u flash an update u can get a bootloop :)

Hmm I am on 3.016 AAP now again and had no problems restoring my previous backup.

Of course I reflashed 3.016 AAP before restoring!

I haven't tried 3.019 EMEA.

But on 3.021 EMEA restoring isn't possible, backup is 150 MB bigger than 3.016 backup and I had to take out the battery after 25 mins of restoring.

Edited by astuermer

Guest deepfabry

vache for that screen i send before

can i wait for a new recovery or is an hardware problem ?

Edited by deepfabry

Guest astuermer
Nandroid issues are related to the data mounting one.

Could this be solved somehow?

Seems they changed a lot from Android 2.3.3 to 2.3.4, hmm.

Guest lgcmn
Nandroid issues are related to the data mounting one.

yep, on last leaks when i started nandroid, it never finishes, only after my interference..the longer i wait the more data.img in nandroid becomes (once i've got 1Gb data.img))

Guest CedricGatay
hello,

Since the installation of gingerounay 2.0, I can not download on the market, an idea?

Nexus

I think it's the same issue as a lot of people here, your /cache partition might be full. To check it run adb shell df -h and if free space on /cache is 0 or a value close to 0 do a adb shell rm -rf /cache/* to clear this partition...