[ROM] Gingerounay 3.0.1 (05/11/2011)

Guest vache

Guest Z3r0Th3H3r0
Thx. Ive also found a command for when the system cache & dev folders become corrupt. I'm almost to the point now of just wgoing the entire phone and starting fresh. My girlfriend has the same phone so I have a reference anyway.

The command is:

Fastboot erase system -w

Ill be trying that later today too.

So I tried the command. it did erase everything but still has not cleared the cache file. I'm actually thinking I'm going to have to send it away to Acer to get this fixed.

@Vache

Do you have any other ideas I can try? Is there any way I can totally wipe the phone of EVERYTHING, and then push the boot & system images? I don't care at this point what happens cause I can't install any apps on my phone.

Guest vache
So I tried the command. it did erase everything but still has not cleared the cache file. I'm actually thinking I'm going to have to send it away to Acer to get this fixed.

@Vache

Do you have any other ideas I can try? Is there any way I can totally wipe the phone of EVERYTHING, and then push the boot & system images? I don't care at this point what happens cause I can't install any apps on my phone.

Did you try to restore an old nand backup ?

Guest deepfabry

probably you deleted all file and folder system

for some advice i could wait a dev

but at this point it seems clear, we have an hardware issue

there was a block in a section of our memory

i only ask,why? why 4-5 people have had at one time same issue? booooooooooo

Edited by deepfabry

Guest Z3r0Th3H3r0
Did you try to restore an old nand backup ?

I don't have one and ive never used nand. I thought that was a Linux only option. If I can do it on windows ill try it. Can someone loan me a backup? :)

Guest moeaeon
I don't have one and ive never used nand. I thought that was a Linux only option. If I can do it on windows ill try it. Can someone loan me a backup? :)

I can give you clean nandroid backup, what FW you have now? And I don`t know, whether backup from my phone compatible or not with other phones.

Guest nexus351
I can give you clean nandroid backup, what FW you have now? And I don`t know, whether backup from my phone compatible or not with other phones.

yes

we can try

Guest Anten Edilbert

can anyone mail or post me atleast a screen shot of wat to do from the beginning for installing gingerbread for liquid mt from the stock firmware 1.100.49 gen 2 froyo please i do not no anything about these steps wat is nandroid and stuff like that

plz help me

Guest Z3r0Th3H3r0

So this is what I'm running;

android 2.3.4

baseband

A4-03.21.02

Kernel 2.6.35.7-perf*

build number 2.0_021.01

I've restored a backup from my GF's phone (same phone, but on 2.3.3) and I STILL cannot clear the cache. I've even tried flashing the img's through fastboot, but the cache.img fails.

C:\SDK\platform-tools>fastboot flash cache cache.img

sending 'cache' (1986 KB)...

OKAY [ 0.532s]

writing 'cache'...

FAILED (remote: flash write failure)

finished. total time: 2.367s

WTF!!! I am not taking a fail on this one...there HAS to be a way to zero out my phone..

Edited by Z3r0Th3H3r0

Guest vache

Made some tests, i have issues too. Many errors when trying to dump or flash /cache partition. (Bad sectors)

It makes me crazy too.

I'm still searching a solution for you guys.

Guest vache
I've restored a backup from my GF's phone (same phone, but on 2.3.3) and I STILL cannot clear the cache. I've even tried flashing the img's through fastboot, but the cache.img fails.

C:\SDK\platform-tools>fastboot flash cache cache.img

sending 'cache' (1986 KB)...

OKAY [ 0.532s]

writing 'cache'...

FAILED (remote: flash write failure)

finished. total time: 2.367s

WTF!!! I am not taking a fail on this one...there HAS to be a way to zero out my phone..

Did you try "fastboot -i 0x502 erase cache" ?

If ok, "erasing 'cache'... OKAY", try again "fastboot -i 0x0502 flash cache cache.img"

Edited by vache

Guest Z3r0Th3H3r0
Did you try "fastboot -i 0x502 erase cache" ?

yes several times. Each time it tells me its successful but when I check with ls -al it still shows that entry that is taking up the entire cache partition.

I found instructions on how to zero out a partition on other phones but it doesn't work for me;

"cat /dev/zero > /dev/mtd3" (as well as mtd4 & 5)

I've tried that but it doesn't work for me (not found error).

I know that on my phone the mtdblock6 is where the cache problem is, but I'm not savvy enough with linux commands to port the command to my phone or that block.

Guest vache
yes several times. Each time it tells me its successful but when I check with ls -al it still shows that entry that is taking up the entire cache partition.

I found instructions on how to zero out a partition on other phones but it doesn't work for me;

"cat /dev/zero > /dev/mtd3" (as well as mtd4 & 5)

I've tried that but it doesn't work for me (not found error).

I know that on my phone the mtdblock6 is where the cache problem is, but I'm not savvy enough with linux commands to port the command to my phone or that block.

cat /dev/zero > /dev/block/mdtblock6

I already tried, after launching that, dmesg (kernel log) return many errors.

Guest vache
What kind of errors kernel logs returns you ?

In fact, after rebooting, i can't reproduce errors.

Guys, wich method are you using to flash your phone ?

Guest deepfabry

i personally have tried all methods

ADT, package from acer site, update via phone is same thing if i update to gingerbread it's ok but flash froyo give me error

Guest Z3r0Th3H3r0
In fact, after rebooting, i can't reproduce errors.

Guys, wich method are you using to flash your phone ?

So far I have tried flashing the gingerounay 2.0 zip file through the recovery img. (on both bin's). I've tried flashing via fastboot (using erase cache, erase system -w fastboot -i 0x0502 erase cache, with flashing the imgs) as well as nandroid restore.

Guest deepfabry
You're using the modded ADT to flash any bin ?

yes tried with v1.282 (20110214) but also with old v1.272 (20101027)

Edited by deepfabry

Guest CedricGatay

I had the same kind of problem of you guys. What I did to get rid of it (don't know if it will fix anything though), I flashed 1.100, let the device boot, done an adb shell, df -h, /cache was full, I did a rm -rf in /cache partition, rebooted, /cache was ok. Then I flashed the latest leak, and it booted...

I don't have much time tonight to explain more, but I you're willing to try, don't hesitate and post feedback (the situation couldn't be worse...)

Guest Z3r0Th3H3r0
I had the same kind of problem of you guys. What I did to get rid of it (don't know if it will fix anything though), I flashed 1.100, let the device boot, done an adb shell, df -h, /cache was full, I did a rm -rf in /cache partition, rebooted, /cache was ok. Then I flashed the latest leak, and it booted...

I don't have much time tonight to explain more, but I you're willing to try, don't hesitate and post feedback (the situation couldn't be worse...)

I will try anything and everything at this point. Any particular 1.100? there's a few listed...