[rom][gen2]Diet Stir Fry ...2.0.1 relased ...CM7 Dailer

Guest iKrautDroid

Guest Mushroom_Lord

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHH Should I go back to this (leaked stuff?)

Now it has asop dialer/contacts it certainly is tempting :)

Guest frankjr
Any chance you can add AppWidgetPicker?

Cheers mate.

+1

But until then, just plug the phone via usb, dont mount sdcard or anything else (make use you have installed adb+drivers) just open cmd, go to the folder where you have AppWidgetPicker and then type in:

adb remount

adb push AppWidgetPicker-1.2.3.apk /system/app

The poweraddon reboots my phone instead of showing the menu..!

Guest ThrashMan
AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHH Should I go back to this (leaked stuff?)

Now it has asop dialer/contacts it certainly is tempting :)

Stop babbling and get it installed....you cannot fight it!!!

Guest slitz
I just installed the power menu addon and apparently it broke the crt animation I had applied before. It seems that burstlam's offering a sweet combo of crt animation + power menu addon but it also contains option to unlock the phone (wake it I guess) by using menu button, which isn't very reasonable for me. Is there any way to combine just crt animation and power menu additions?

Try this:

http://www.mediafire.com/?1w32ah9yg621t1h (Power menu and CRT animation without Menu button unlock)

I haven't tested it, don't see why it wouldn't work though.

Guest Orbbman
any chance of adding task manager :)

Common guys, it's a Diet Version which means it's not overpacked with apps you can easily install afterwards.

Guest CaptainSpectacular
Common guys, it's a Diet Version which means it's not overpacked with apps you can easily install afterwards.

+1

If iKrautDroid add a thousand of apps the rom will become a clone of the others.

CRT add-on given by slitz working. :)

I'll keep a look at my battery drain now.

Guest submary

I have tried to d l it from the market the 1 I want isnt there the one that. in the vannilla rom

What is that one called? Its also in fibbs r10 and in a lot of others

Edited by submary

Guest FezzFest
I have tried to d l it from the market the 1 I want isnt there the one that. in the vannilla rom

What is that one called? Its also in fibbs r10 and in a lot of others

Why would you want to use that one? Advanced Task Killer works better, I'm not even sure if the task manager from 2.1 works on gingerbread. You can install the apk via adb or copy it over using Root Explorer after you installed the ROM. If somebody is willing enough to create a recovery zip, it can be flashed through ClockworkMod.

Guest iKrautDroid
i would be grateful I think it would work

Its in that other vanilla gingerbread v4 rom

please I want to use this task manager!

Upload the apk of the taskmanager you want and ill make an apk.

Guest submary

I would love to be able to do this it's just called task manager but I don't have the apk for it because it's not on the market! all I know is it's called task manager and it's on the other vanilla gingerbread rom 2.3.4

Guest ri2la

CM dialer is great, but the 'join' contacts button causes a force close. No major problem for the time being, but thought I'd better mention it.

Thanks for the great ROM

Guest solidslash

Huge huge thanks for the deskclock. I'm downloading the rom right now.

edit:

aaaand it's working great.

Edited by solidslash

Guest mon3em

Here we go

- I just installed the rom and my SD stop working after the 1st reboot and says need to format and i lost all the data on it and all my backups n everything. B)

- There is no support for right to left language " in my case arabic " gone :D

Back to CM with head down :)

Guest reeprich

1. Maybe I missed something - is HW video acceleration ON in this ROM? Or is there any way how to switch between ON/OFF mode?

2. Can you recommend way, how to switch to your ROM from Ginger Stir Fry Beta 3 without loosing all installed apps? Is Titanium backup working?

Thx.

Guest reeprich
Just reinstalled gapps and it works now, only other thing I can find is Go Weather, you cannot access the options as the menu button isn't doing anything

With Go weather I have the same problem on Ginger Stir Fry Beta 3 - probably problem is in application...

Guest rockstarszzzz

iKrautDroid and Everyone else - I have tried all my internet exhaustion to see if I can suggest a way or apk or anything that iKrautDroid can add to enable 'blacklisting' like in CM7. The only reason I am requesting this is all the apps in market lets the phone ring at least once and then disconnect whereas CM7 one just doesn't let the other person to connect!

Can anyone please please please help or show how to extract whatever is needed to add this in diet stir fry??

Guest Lord_Snake

Almost PERFECT ROM!

I've just converted to Gen2 my OLED San Francisco, so this is my first impact with gingerbread. All I can say is that this rom is MORE STABLE than SS5!!

With Froyo SS5, somethimes I got a black screen when I recieved sms or had a missed call. The GPS, just took too long to connect. On this rom, with Go Launcher and CM7 contacts (sincronizing perfectly with Facebook), GPS connect very quickly and didn't detect any bugs. Its much more smoother than SS5 with OC at 729Mhz and ahb OCed.

The only bug that I detected until now remains on the translation that I got "Câmera" and "Filmadora" when I choose Portuguese (Mainland). Thats Portuguese from Brasil...

Keep the nice work!!